How Much Interest Do You Have In The NRL?

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion

How Much Interest Do You Have In The NRL?

I love it! I watch every game and know almost all the players.
29%
I watch my team and some of the games when I have time.
50%
I only watch my team and leave the games on in the background while im doing something else.
8%
I only watch my team and dont care about the other teams
5%
I watch my team on replay because I have something else going on at the time and nothing else.
2%
I watch my team on replay if I have time and nothing else.
2%
I watch my team sometimes and just mainly follow the scores.
3%
I dont watch any footy. I just follow the scores.
No votes
I really dont care about my team or the NRL.
2%

Total votes: 62

Russell

Re: How Much Interest Do You Have In The NRL?

Post by Russell » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 5:57 pm

Watch all FTA NRL games - but if the NRL don't get their act together soon that could be reduced considerably.

Tigerstruck

Post by Tigerstruck » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 5:59 pm

Probably somewhere between 2 and 3, attention to other games dropped off a bit from 2017 tho

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 6:07 pm

Don’t watch it as much as I did a couple of years ago,used to watch every game that I Could.
Still try to see all our games, but if I miss one now, It doesn’t bother me like it would have.
Try to watch whatever looks to be the top one each week if possible.

TBH, am watching more and more junior league and find that they actually still have rules in their games, it’s refreshing.
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Sun 04 Nov, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 7:19 pm

My interest has waned drastically over the last few years, while my frustration has grown

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 7:22 pm

Motorsport and anything involving cars and bikes take up most of my time. When Tigers play I make time to watch.

TJL

Post by TJL » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 8:20 pm

When I was a young bloke I'd watch every game but with so many rule changes that have softened the game considerably and of course favouritism both on and off the field my interest is at an all time low. If next season is like the last in that the peanuts in the middle decide the result and a certain tri-coloured side continues to get away with murder I doubt I'll take any interest in the game at all.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 9:49 pm

Milky wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 1:54 pm
I previously watched every game, didnt miss a single one.

Last year i got over it, the way the game is administered is a bit of a joke. I watched most of our games, rarely any others..
for me doing tipping and fantasy helps me to get hyped for other teams when they play
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 9:55 pm

Very disenchanted with NRL of late....
With the clownery, poor refereeing, bias, coaching nonsense, etc...

The new gear from the dogs, knights and even the tigers looks quite average.

Ivan and Gus's romance, stabbing the tigers in the heart.

The blatant nonsense from cap rorting clubs like Roosters, broncos, sharks and the storm.

Not a lot to like.... I'll be getting keen come Feb.... But yeah... Not as much as I use to be.

The game needs to make improvements. I don't wanna see a Melb GF every year...
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 10:15 pm

Option 2.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 10:52 pm

Watch every tigers game - try and get to most live. Will watch the other games if they are on and we have nothing else going on. Use to watch all the games when I was younger but just don’t have the time/interest these days

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:18 pm

The NRL under Greenberg’s politics administration is losing me fast....as is the way the tabloids report it.....if the Tigers for some reason fold...I’ll drop the NRL in a heartbeat.....

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:36 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 1:52 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:51 am
I don't fit into these categories sorry
Try lite n’ easy
Try getting more than 1 point next time

Meant that as much as i'd like to watch all WT's games live I don't , watch 2/3 live 1/3 on replay because of work

If I lived in Sydney wouldn't miss a game :sign:

Time to get some fresh air

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 8:31 am

tigerap wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:18 pm
The NRL under Greenberg’s politics administration is losing me fast....as is the way the tabloids report it.....if the Tigers for some reason fold...I’ll drop the NRL in a heartbeat.....
Yeah if the Wests Tigers ever went belly up, I'd probably never watch the game again.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 8:34 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 05 Nov, 2018 8:31 am
tigerap wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:18 pm
Yeah if the Wests Tigers ever went belly up, I'd probably never watch the game again.
Same here.
"Quality Stupidity"

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 8:42 am

After decades of being absolutely hooked on the game my interest is certainly on a downward curve. Still hooked on the Tigers and love going to a Tigers match with my mates, but I really struggle with non Tiger matches.

Lots of reason and will not bore you with all the details, but the type of football played now and the uneven playing field I guess are my biggest gripes.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 10:05 am

I love and Hate NRL

I love my Tigers so much, Im obsessed. I even check this site most nights as the last thing I do before I sleep...

Family and my church life comes first but I will watch / Listen /read almost anything Tigers as I can during my time (i.e. Kids asleep, Wife is happy).

I hate the inequality of the league with the big clubs and the perceived Cheating in recruitment.

If the Tigers are not around I would no longer follow the game.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 1:08 pm

I'm 1.5. I watch every Tigers game, attend about half in person and watch as many other games as I can manage. I have young kids so they would not be chuffed if I plonked myself down for 16 hours of footy every weekend.

I do know every player however. Not into fantasy footy but I absorb a lot of league data week on week.

But Thurs-Fri night matches are great, I finish work, put the kids to bed, crack a beer and watch on.

Unlike a lot of people I'm not so disenchanted with the NRL. I really don't get it, though everyone has the right to be disenchanted if that's how they feel. But all this BS about refs and lack of even playing field, about #penaltybroncos and TPAs and other such stuff...

I've been watching rugby league for almost 35 years and these gripes have always existed. Yes there is definitely a gradual loss of player-level tribalism, but I'd argue not from the fans - in fact I find fans more engaged than ever. When I was a kid there were no memberships, no Foxtel, no internet, just 1 edited game per week and around the grounds. You couldn't engage with your club like you can now.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 1:31 pm

A lot not liking rhe inequality, but it’s no worse than it was years back.
theres alwaysbeen clubs that have stayed near the top, and others that have stayed near the bottom for long periods,
Look at Saints,manly Parra the Dogs years back, they all had long periods where sucess was the norm ,and sides like Wests, Norths,Newtown Parra, Manly Who have stayed down for long periods nothing much has changed much reallly in that respect