Serbian rugby league player moons opposition team

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
joelw2002

Serbian rugby league player moons opposition team

Post by joelw2002 » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 8:08 pm

Serbian rugby league teams get down and dirty

A shocking all-in brawl in a rugby league final saw fighting dirty take on a whole new meaning when one player decided to drop his daks.

Link for video: https://www.news.com.au/sport/more-spor ... 1f037b718c

We’ve heard about fighting dirty but this is next level.
Two Serbian rugby league teams — yes, apparently they play the greatest game of all in the Balkans — got down and dirty as their grand final came to an ugly end.
In a clash that, while it might not have the same ring to it as the Dragons vs Sharks, still provided plenty of highlights (and lowlights, as we’ll see), the mighty Red Star Belgrade took on Partizan on what, judging by the woodwork set up behind the goalposts, is actually a football pitch most of the time.
But what they lacked in line markings and over-enthusiastic trainers wearing compression tights, the players more than made up for with passion, because boy do they take their league seriously in Serbia, if footage of the game uploaded to Facebook is anything to go by.
Amongst the razzle dazzle on show, we want to focus on a couple of ugly incidents that occurred as Red Star extended its lead to 34-16. A big bopper regathered a fumble close to Partizan’s tryline and he broke through a couple of attempted tackles before offloading to a teammate to score under the sticks.
Partizan then took the approach that, if you can’t beat them, at least beat them up.
The tryscorer received some extra attention, sparking an all-in brawl that lasted for over a minute. Early in the brawl a Red Star player is taken aside by three Partizan players and cops some whacks to the face as both teams go at each other in the in-goal area.
CHECK OUT THE BRAWL IN THE VIDEO PLAYER ABOVE
“This is a disgraceful effort here towards the end of the game,” one commentator said. “That is poor — really, really poor.
“This is incredible undisciplined play.
“We need to stop this … this is very, very, very poor from Partizan at the end of this game.
“It’s bitterness and it’s poor sportsmanship.”
Play stopped for several minutes as the officials addressed both captains, and one player from each team was sent off.
The try stood and Red Star converted, but that was when things took another twist.
Partizan trudged back to halfway for the kick-off before one of the players in black and white added insult to injury. He bent down, faced his own tryline and dropped his daks, giving the opposition an eyeful of a place where the sun doesn’t shine.
For his trouble, No. 5 was sent to the sin bin, giving one of his teammates a high five on the way off.
Possibly the greatest thing to come out of the pantsless protest was one commentator saying: “He gets 10 minutes for mooning the Red Star team.”
His colleague added: “That’s just pathetic, our international fans have witnessed something new there.
“Partizan have absolutely lost their brains.”
For the record, Red Star won 36-16 and the players shook hands with each other after the full-time whistle. But we’re not sure if No. 5 washed his hands first.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01. TheDaBoss.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 8:36 pm

a bit cheeky

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 8:57 pm

Theres a serb at work but I dont think I'll show him this...he has not much of a sense of humour

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 9:05 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 8:36 pm
a bit cheeky
crack of the day m8
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 9:23 pm

It's a shame this is how the Serbs get a run from News Ltd. They've put in a great effort to develop the game there and regionally.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 2:37 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 8:57 pm
Theres a serb at work but I dont think I'll show him this...he has not much of a sense of humour
Years ago i worked with a Bosnian bloke, an absolute beast of a fella, he hopped on the industrial scales we had and he was 160kg! Used to lift these 100kg rolls of plastic film like they were nothing. He was a funny bloke, we were chatting about which African-American famous women we thought were hot and he pipes up with "what about Oprah?.....big ti##ies!" :lol:

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 2:58 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 9:23 pm
It's a shame this is how the Serbs get a run from News Ltd. They've put in a great effort to develop the game there and regionally.
Yes they have. A mate of mine was appointed the Red Star coach at the start of the year. He had to resign after six months due to recurrent health problems. I'm pretty sure they didn't lose a game under him and haven't done since. Steve Mascord has been plugging it too.

And this is how News: Limited introduce the game to the Australian RL public. Pathetic.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 5:13 pm

We should get a couple of them on a development contract.

I remember Sheens signing a couple of russians and the articles about how it was an untapped well.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 5:21 pm

Harvey wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 5:13 pm
We should get a couple of them on a development contract.

I remember Sheens signing a couple of russians and the articles about how it was an untapped well.
Back in the late 90's-early 2000's that Russian prop Ian Rubin was a pretty good player, would of played easily over 100 games IIRC. They would have some big mongrels over in that neck of the woods.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 6:23 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 2:58 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 9:23 pm
Yes they have. A mate of mine was appointed the Red Star coach at the start of the year. He had to resign after six months due to recurrent health problems. I'm pretty sure they didn't lose a game under him and haven't done since. Steve Mascord has been plugging it too.

And this is how News: Limited introduce the game to the Australian RL public. Pathetic.
Some would see it a plus - biff and butt. The highlight of rugby sevens every year up here is the streakers
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)