Mark Gasnier

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Citizen Tiger

Mark Gasnier

Post by Citizen Tiger » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 3:00 pm

I can't believe that Saints would rate this bloke so highly that his salary package for 2011 means Costigan and Smith leaving . Didn't the other Morris boy have to leave in order to accommodate Gasnier a few years ago, only for him to bail and go to France? Smith was outstanding for Saints last night.

They have two dangerous backs in Boyd and Morris. Why would you waste Morris at 2? The more times he gets his hands on the ball the better. The love affair with Reg's nephew will continue however

willow

Post by willow » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 7:28 pm

Who cares. That's Saints problem, not ours. I'm looking forward to what the Tigers can achieve next year with the current talent that they have.

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 7:36 pm

Cant agree more Citizen Tiger, this guy would have to be the single biggest waste of money in the NRL! He has made no impact what-so-ever and was easily contained last night. From what Ive seen this year I would say the majority of centres in the NRL are superior to him in all aspects of their game.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 6:38 am

willow wrote:Who cares. That's Saints problem, not ours. I'm looking forward to what the Tigers can achieve next year with the current talent that they have.
If you 'don't care' , why go to the trouble of posting a comment?

willow

Post by willow » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 10:52 am

Citizen Tiger wrote:
willow wrote:Who cares. That's Saints problem, not ours. I'm looking forward to what the Tigers can achieve next year with the current talent that they have.
If you 'don't care' , why go to the trouble of posting a comment?
Relevance. This affects the Tigers in what way? Next time put in National Rugby League section if you feel so strongly about it.

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 4:21 pm

totally agree ct, apart from being tackled by gibbs when the dragons almost scored i did not even know he was on the field. glad he is not our problem taking up salary cap next year.
I dislike sowfs immensely

Rorko

Post by Rorko » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 6:31 pm

wait till he gets a fall off season under his belt and judge him next season. Before he left for france he was the best centre in the game by a mile....

alien

Post by alien » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 6:34 pm

When he came back he wasn't as big. After the offseason I think he will be back to his best.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 2:41 pm

Rorko wrote:wait till he gets a fall off season under his belt and judge him next season. Before he left for france he was the best centre in the game by a mile....
Er, I would contend that he was nowhere near the best centre in the game, given a couple of blokes called Inglis and Hodges were among his peers. Gasnier's best asset is his surname, which, from the time he came into grade has seen a continuous media campaign to somehow align him with the capabilities of his uncle. Believe me, he's never been and never will be even a shadow of Uncle Reg...

fainty

Post by fainty » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 4:23 pm

I think they will have to lose a few more players in the next 2 years too to acccomodate him.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 5:07 pm

fainty wrote:I think they will have to lose a few more players in the next 2 years too to acccomodate him.
I suspect poor Peni Tagive will be on the lookout for another club at the end of 2011 if he can't get a crack in FG or remain injury free at the Dragons.

Danos

Post by Danos » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 6:03 pm

Rorko wrote:wait till he gets a fall off season under his belt and judge him next season. Before he left for france he was the best centre in the game by a mile....
Tate > Gasnier, always.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Wed 29 Sep, 2010 11:00 am

gaz is a good player n will no doubt be better next yr, but i duno if its worth letting smith go. Hes gonna be a good signing for the sharks. costigan fair enough, hes got plenty of penalties n mistakes in his game (dunno how he makes it into that qld side)
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors