Venue: Central Coast Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9
Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Moltzen - Run straight

Post by Defiant » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:19 pm

double post. soz
Last edited by Defiant on Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:21 pm

We cant win the comp with moltzen at fb.SIMPLE!!!
Number 1 souffs hater

Chunky love machine

Post by Chunky love machine » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:28 pm

biggest tigers fan wrote:We cant win the comp with moltzen at fb.SIMPLE!!!
Agree whole heartedly!!!! At 14 maybe, but whilst he is at 1 we will get slaughtered in this comp with the likes of Lockyer, Cronk, and Soward kicking to him. I like him as a player. I hate him as a fullback!

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:31 pm

Moltzen could not run straight even if he had a compass to show him

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:32 pm

tiger jim wrote:Moltzen could not run straight even if he had a compass to show him
:roll :roll :roll :roll
Number 1 souffs hater

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:33 pm

Sataris wrote:An onion on a stick is a better option than both Mckinnon and Moltzen, it will still make your eyes water, but at least you can sautee it.

Brown for fullback!
The value of Brown, eh? No great strengths, but Mr. Reliable. At least won't cop out on returning the ball :roll:

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:33 pm

boonboon wrote:I was also a Moltzen fan but what I saw tonight in his inability to take the ball back despite so many chances was horrifying. He also avoided the ball from kicks a few too many times. His best feature I must admit was his one on one defence
Horrifying is right, boonboon! What's his go throwing all those risky passes to Ryan, on our line, all the time? Just run the bloody ball back once in a while! Ryan was awesome and, as far as I'm concerned, he played the game for both of them.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

kill'em'all tigers

Post by kill'em'all tigers » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:34 pm

during his 'returns' i was wondering what wayne benett would be thinking.

now remembering wayne has nothing to worry about with moltz, i guess it would have been along the lines of -
'im glad he ain't returning the ball for newcastle next year'.

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:45 pm

Moltzen is no fullback but tonight put the shoulder in for some good tackles has to return the ball stronger and was caught out a lot tonight with kicks but all in all a good performance.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:49 pm

The two times he actually ran straight he got picked up and smashed, so why would we want him to run straight? I'd rather him pass to Utai and Ryan every day of the week. I'd also rather him not be in the side. I hate to wish injury on players but sheesh if nothing else will get him out of there then footy gods, if you will.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:54 pm

tiger05 wrote:Guys get over the trolling comments.

Its complete and utter BS. McKinnon is terrible. Moltzen is 100 times better.

Lets simply agree that we need a gun fullback.
McKinnon is better than the weak effort served up tonight by Moltzen. I guarantee he would have been supporting Woods and Galloway when they made line breaks too.

No complaints with your last sentence though.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:56 pm

it sucks to say this about a first grade tigers player but moltzen is soft, he simply doesnt want to put his body on the line. look at the way lawrence was throwing himself around tonight after one of the most horrific injuries ever seen on a footy field. the injury can no longer be used as an excuse.

we will not win the comp with him at fullback, simple.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:02 pm

He is the worst fullback in the comp by far.

Rhys Wesser is also terrible but at least he is not afraid of getting tackled.

The amount of meters he costs us on kick returns is disgraceful. And his support play is non-existent, he only ever runs off Benji.

Posted using RoarFEED

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:03 pm

Tedesco mate. I wish Sheens just threw him in there. At fullback he isn't gonna get dominated physically too badly anyway. Would carve. Noafaluma is also a handy fullback and from what I gather he's a fair bit bigger than Tedesco too if that's the problem. Mullaney, Meaney, Ryan, Brown... McKinnon. can we please get rid of Moltzen, he is just a non-event! Argh he is less useful than Lui and that's saying something. Get them both out of here.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:07 pm

fergiefurr wrote:it sucks to say this about a first grade tigers player but moltzen is soft, he simply doesnt want to put his body on the line. look at the way lawrence was throwing himself around tonight after one of the most horrific injuries ever seen on a footy field. the injury can no longer be used as an excuse.

we will not win the comp with him at fullback, simple.
Seems everyone can see this except for Sheens and, unfortunately, his is the only opinion that really matters.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:10 pm

I have just never been a fan of this kid. He is the worst fullback in the comp by a street. I'm sorry but if Saints don't harden him up he will never make anything of his talent. It is very hard to say a player in the NRL is scared, however after observing him for 3 years he is as close as you could find.

He will cost us games in this position. Pity Mckinnon is busted and hopeless these days. Just a safe fullback that reads the play and runs back hard what be alot better then the rubbish Moltzen serves ok.

It was a great win for us and I don't want to bag players, however some of the things he does are really really bad in terms of effort.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:16 pm

The flat pass across our goal line with 1 minute to go just to avoid getting tackled... Seriously Sheens he's playing for the Dragons next year. Even morris finally got moved from half when he signed away :)

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:27 pm

While I am ecstatic with the win and he had a few plays in defense that prevented a try or two he is just not a fullback... He is terrified of being tackled.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.