Venue: Central Coast Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Moltzen. WTF

Unread post by smeghead » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 12:31 pm

Centaur wrote: :lol:

Definitely wasn't following up Lui was he.....
Or Woods

Or Galloway

Or Ellis

all of whom either made breaks or were looking to offload

MacDougall

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 12:56 pm

We probably would have scored 3 more tries if McKinnon was playing.

MightyMaggy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by MightyMaggy » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 1:17 pm

Furious1 wrote:
Goose wrote:you guys are a joke, we have just beat a top team, Moltzen has been solid as a rock all night, and you guys have pounded him.....

calling any NRL player soft makes you an idiot, simply getting to first grade takes alot courage.

newsflash, running the ball straight and hard is not the be all and end all of a fullback.

any player endorsed by wayne bennett is clearly alot better than the blokes on here give them credit for
I am not going to say he is soft as quite simply i agree and have said as much before about having to have courage to play NRL. But it cannot be denied Moltz seems "softer" than say Billy Slater, Hayne, Gardner, Mini, the list goes on and on. The reason? Because everyone of these other fullbacks that has 30 metres between them and the defensive line TAKES the 30 metres, they don't look around for somone else to do it.There was one particular play last night Moltz elected to throw a pass across the goal line and we got tackled 5 metres out when he could have ran straight and picked up 20 metres.
That was in the last minute or so of the game and anyone, who is supposed to be of NRL-standard, throwing such a stupid pass should be dropped, whether he is playing fullback or some other position. Brown would not be as dumb as this and should be first choice fullback, if McKinnon is injured.

TIGERDAVIS

Unread post by TIGERDAVIS » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 2:46 pm

MacDougall wrote:We probably would have scored 3 more tries if McKinnon was playing.

I highly doubt that.
GO THE MIGHTY WESTS TIGERS!!

Ready to roar like never before. Bring on 2012!

magpiecol

Unread post by magpiecol » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 2:51 pm

TIGERDAVIS wrote:
MacDougall wrote:We probably would have scored 3 more tries if McKinnon was playing.

I highly doubt that.

It would have been a dead set certainty if Mullaney had played.

TigerDave81

Unread post by TigerDave81 » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 3:26 pm

I'm sorry but Moltzen is a massive liability at the back. Positional play on 5th tackle poor. He never gets to the ball on the full.

Bringing the ball back. Well literally that's what he does. Gets the ball and gets driven 10m back!!!

Support play. Weak. Apart from the one play when he calls a grubber.

Seriously could cost us big time in weeks to come. Last night when bombs were put up, I can only remember utai and Ryan putting their bodies on the line last night.

Posted using RoarFEED

helmesy

Unread post by helmesy » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 3:27 pm

Brown was great last year in the one, wouldn't it be better to have Moltzen on the bench given he has more utility value?

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 3:51 pm

I love it how after every game so many people have advise and opinions for Moltzen...I for one have given up...and I have faced the fact that Moltzen is not NRL standard and will never be...enjoy watching him play this year because unless you follow the State Cup...you wont see him again.

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 3:53 pm

TigerDave81 wrote:I'm sorry but Moltzen is a massive liability at the back. Positional play on 5th tackle poor. He never gets to the ball on the full.

Bringing the ball back. Well literally that's what he does. Gets the ball and gets driven 10m back!!!

Support play. Weak. Apart from the one play when he calls a grubber.

Seriously could cost us big time in weeks to come. Last night when bombs were put up, I can only remember utai and Ryan putting their bodies on the line last night.

Posted using RoarFEED
And this Guy is supposedly on $250k+...wow!!!

cktiger

Unread post by cktiger » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 4:30 pm

MightyMaggy wrote:
Furious1 wrote:
Goose wrote:you guys are a joke, we have just beat a top team, Moltzen has been solid as a rock all night, and you guys have pounded him.....

calling any NRL player soft makes you an idiot, simply getting to first grade takes alot courage.

newsflash, running the ball straight and hard is not the be all and end all of a fullback.

any player endorsed by wayne bennett is clearly alot better than the blokes on here give them credit for
I am not going to say he is soft as quite simply i agree and have said as much before about having to have courage to play NRL. But it cannot be denied Moltz seems "softer" than say Billy Slater, Hayne, Gardner, Mini, the list goes on and on. The reason? Because everyone of these other fullbacks that has 30 metres between them and the defensive line TAKES the 30 metres, they don't look around for somone else to do it.There was one particular play last night Moltz elected to throw a pass across the goal line and we got tackled 5 metres out when he could have ran straight and picked up 20 metres.
That was in the last minute or so of the game and anyone, who is supposed to be of NRL-standard, throwing such a stupid pass should be dropped, whether he is playing fullback or some other position. Brown would not be as dumb as this and should be first choice fullback, if McKinnon is injured.
If that was the case Marshall would be dropped every second week :lol:
Seriously - some of you guys who hate him so much must have choked on your vomit every time he caught a ball or saved ANOTHER try.
IMO he still lacks the positional nous for fullback but I'll think you'll find a Manly aimed most of their bombs at Utai and their forwards at Lui.

steve-o

Unread post by steve-o » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 4:38 pm

as much as i hate him karmichael hunt showed todays fullbacks how to return a kick. run hard run straight and take the metres!
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Tigerdave » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 7:04 am

russelldp wrote:There is a decision to be made when Lote returns. Beau Ryan has been splendid in the last month and Utai's value is difficult to ignore.

Roll the dice with Lote or Ryan at the back and Brown on bench?

Posted using RoarFEED
I'd prefer Brown to play fullback, but Beau did a fine enough job there.....he certainly is willing to put his body on the line.

jais tigez

Unread post by jais tigez » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 8:58 am

Beau to fullback, simple.

Posted using RoarFEED
Manly Sea Eagles- crying and gang bashing their way to premiership glory.

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 10:15 am

Why move Beau from where he is? He has been pretty good on the flanks over the last few weeks and Brown is more than able at fullback.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 10:38 am

willow wrote:28 metres in attack from 8 runs. That's 3.5 metres per run and quite probably the lowest average of any player this season. If he ever bother to support the general play around the ruck he could easily have quadrupled those stats.
This says it all

cktiger

Unread post by cktiger » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 10:41 am

Saved 2 tries - says something too.

jais tigez

Unread post by jais tigez » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 1:49 pm

One of them try saving tackles was a fluke

Posted using RoarFEED
Manly Sea Eagles- crying and gang bashing their way to premiership glory.

KingOvKingz09

Unread post by KingOvKingz09 » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 2:04 pm

Moltz is scared to run it back you can see it in his face, cant say im overly sad to see him leave, i am sad he didnt get a crack at halfback to be honest.

Posted using RoarFEED
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!

Return to “Round 21: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles vs. Wests Tigers [Glory Bound Round]”