Groat

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 7.30 PM
Venue: Central Coast Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9
willow

Re: Groat

Post by willow » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 6:56 pm

Tough test for him last night against a seasoned forward pack and a side running second in the comp. Groat did not have the benefit of training with FG during last pre-season and that will most certainly change for the next pre-season where he can get stuck into the weights and work hard on his fitness and trim some of the puppy fat off him. We're seeing the benefits with Aaron Woods having trained last pre-season with the top squad and I reckon Groat will come along nicely next season with a higher fitness level, a couple of kilos lighter and a bit stronger.

The good thing is that Woods, Groat and BMM should all continue to develop physically for the next couple of seasons - They're all very young and their strength and endurance levels should continue to improve if they do all the right things.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 12:40 pm

Yes ...... this kid is definitely the next Blocker Roach.
With the right training and mentoring this young fella has representive written all over him.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 2:11 pm

stryker wrote:Great size and attitude for such a young prop. Should turn into a very good player in a couple of years.
Agree. The older dogs in the Manly side showed our pups a couple of tricks on Friday night, nothing to worry about as long as they learn from it.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 2:15 pm

barra wrote:
stryker wrote:Great size and attitude for such a young prop. Should turn into a very good player in a couple of years.
Agree. The older dogs in the Manly side showed our pups a couple of tricks on Friday night, nothing to worry about as long as they learn from it.
What did they take him out afterwards and show him how to piss on shop fronts ,slap sponsors etc . Nothing useful to learn from Manly Scum . Whinging isn't a useful trait either

barra

Post by barra » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 2:25 pm

Geez I don't know where you made this response from HT. I thought it obvious I am talking about the on-field performance on Friday night.

To spell it out, I'm talking about the manly try close to our line when Woods was pushed (by Rose?) in the play the ball, and the loose carry by Watmough when Groat got penalised for stripping at an important time in the game. I am saying that I hope they learn from those incidents and don't fall for them again.

Nothing else - apart from I like what I see in Groat.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 2:38 pm

Point I was making Barra is really don't want our players learning any tricks that Manly players have as they only use dirty tactics . Would much rather they learnt how to play the game like Ellis Hard and uncompromising ,but fair . See where you are coming from and it wasn't aimed at you just the Manly Scum Sorry if you took it the wrong way wasn't meant to sound like that .Whinging comment also aimed at Lyon and Hasler

barra

Post by barra » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 2:47 pm

HT I couldn't agree more, no probs mate.

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Thu 04 Aug, 2011 7:10 pm

Have just finished watching the replay on Fox Sports and here are a few obseravations on the game.
For all the hoo hah about the alleged forward pass from Farah to Ayshford, where were the defenders?.
When Moltzen ran the ball out from his line, why didn't he take the line on, in a couple of examples he waited for both wingers to come up in support and they made less ground!.
How about the defence in the 2nd half, Manly barely had a sniff, excellent stuff!.
And finally, Matt Groat, yes a few mistakes but what about the potential!, from reading the forums he has barely played NYC, sort of straight from schoolboys to NRL, what a great story, it's looking like I'll have to wear sunglasses at night and the future's so bright I'll have to wear shades!.

TigerPete104

Post by TigerPete104 » Thu 04 Aug, 2011 10:08 pm

Matty Groat has the look of a really mean player. AT this age, he tips the scales at 117kgs and he doesn't even look fat. He could privide muscle for years to come

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 04 Aug, 2011 10:59 pm

Glad Groat is part of the Wests Tigers he has presence on the field (U20s) has good size and is young with plenty of time to learn. To be a consistent quality prop takes time to learn and develop the trade which Groat is capable of hope he enjoys the ride (and stays with us).