Was the 2nd try a 'no try' with a forward pass?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 7.30 PM
Venue: Central Coast Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9
AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Re: Was the 2nd try a 'no try' with a forward pass?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 7:31 pm

Twodogs wrote:Beau's try wasn't, because wo(Manly) knocked it dead, so it should have been a drop-out.
Yeah I didn't get why NOT one commentator saw that, or anyone for that matter
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 7:50 pm

Kaiser wrote:
Twodogs wrote:Beau's try wasn't, because wo(Manly) knocked it dead, so it should have been a drop-out.
Yeah I didn't get why NOT one commentator saw that, or anyone for that matter
It wasn't clear enough to me what happened,
but yeh you are right it was one of the possibilities
really surprised not even a single commentator mentioned it.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 10:19 pm

Speaking of commentators, Voss on the sunday Roast was haing a go at Utai, Gibbs and sauce for getting leg cramps late in the game. Now it could have been tactics or it could have been cramp, whatever, Voss called it time wasting, but if I remember correctly, the ref called time off so how is it time wasting? that is the point Voss was making. It may have slowed the momentum of the game down but WTs had the ball. If any time was lost it was the few seconds, if that, it took the ref to blow time off. Our blokes aren't fibbers are they? If so, good tactics IMO anything to annoy the opposition especially manly and perhaps Vossy.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 10:31 pm

I didn't like it.
Should've given it to Benji to run towards the dead ball line. :lol:
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 9:54 am

When watching it live, I thought it was a mile forward. However when watching the replay the next day (sober) I felt it was only marginally forward because it has come out of Farah's hands either line ball or marginally forward. It looks worse because Farah stops immediately on passing.

It is the direction out of the hands that determine a forward or backward pass. Manly fans and the press are blowing up, but in the aftermath of the try you could hear Robinson quoting the rule to Lyon and stating "out of the hands it was fine, it traveled forward with momentum." Robinson and the touch judge were in perfect position, so their interpretation was that it was line ball.

If that pass is questioned, why is the pass from Evans to Stewart not questioned? That actually comes out of his hands in forward direction towards the Tigers goal line and is extremely flat.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 10:00 am

cunno wrote:It was one of the greatest passes I've seen this year, why, well I was surrounded by manly supporters and they were blowing up but I stuck to my view that it went back, kept signalling with my arm that it went back and the lady next to me (whom I didn't know but was the only WTs supporter in her family) agreed and we chucked a few high 5's just to 'p' the manly supporters off. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :sign:
Brilliant, Cunno.

No matter anyway - I've watched the replay numerous times and the CherryEvans pass to Stewart was at least a metre forward. All square for the night on forward passes.