As far as I'm concerned....

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 7.30 PM
Venue: Central Coast Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9
citizen cub

As far as I'm concerned....

Post by citizen cub » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 6:45 pm

We've got what we came for. I said prior to last night that we're doing well if we can snare a win from either Manly or St George and we managed to do so last night. Personally, I'd be happy if we just claimed the one win, but now I'm entertaining the thought of snaring both wins against the competition front runners. It would be an almighty achievement if we did, considering the turmoil the playing group found themselves in only a month ago against a lowly Parramatta.

Do you think we can back up and win? And if we did, where would see us in comparison to the rest of the competition?
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 7:11 pm

At this stage, I'd say we SHOULD win.

We're coming off 3 in a row. They're coming off 4 losses from their last 6 and a loss to the lowly Raiders on their last start.

We're missing ONE player. It's not at one of their home grounds. They're going to still go into the game as favourites. We have the inspiration of losing to them in the finals last year and narrowly being beaten earlier in the season. Conversely they are used to beating us and will be attempting to replicate old ways of beating us.

Realistically, everything is in our favour here. We should beat them. But the fact that we're the Tigers and they're the Dragons makes it 50/50 at best.

We're getting home lately on the back of refereeing calls. Let this continue.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 7:20 pm

Geez if we knocked both big guns off 2 weeks runnig (1/2 so far) wouldnt we be under some presure, the media would be all over us.....still, this third 3rd of the season that I was talking about last year, this is where you want it all coming together
As long as we play well next week, the result isnt my main concern...would love to win though, is this the start of some sort of '05 eight run spell or something we are in???

Digeze

Post by Digeze » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 10:23 am

We'll probably pull off the Eagles/Dragons double and then follow it up with losses to the Panthers/Eels to undo the good work :(

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 10:41 am

I thought knocking off Manly would be a bigger ask than the Dragons. We nearly leveled with them in the last game and we were playing awful football. We've firmed up our completion rate, our forwards are laying a platform and bending the line consistently which will go a long way to beating St Merge. I'm glad they're playing Souths today though, because they should chalk up a comfortable win and the media will ease up on them.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 10:46 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:I thought knocking off Manly would be a bigger ask than the Dragons. We nearly leveled with them in the last game and we were playing awful football. We've firmed up our completion rate, our forwards are laying a platform and bending the line consistently which will go a long way to beating St Merge. I'm glad they're playing Souths today though, because they should chalk up a comfortable win and the media will ease up on them.
I hope Souths give it to the Dragons today but like you Bogan hope they get done in the end .