Wests Heritage round advertising

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm Friday 5 August
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Wests Heritage round advertising

Post by Balmain Bug » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 8:37 am

Cant say it overwhelmingly represents the occasion.

The Wests Tigers advertising for this game that appears in the newspapers and the Wests Tigers opening web page is typical of management that isn't to keen to give too much away to the 'other side of the joint venture' as the Fib calls them.

So how do you think the WT have gone about advertising the Wests side of the JV for this game? In a game that is supposed to be celebrating the 61' grand final between Wests and St George, the Wests Tigers have typically chosen to advertise it in their own special way.

Yes folkes, the Wests Tigers will celebrate the Magpies by having the the Wests Tigers Logo imposed over a big bold Black and Orange Heritage Shield. :lol:

Yes folks.

But it gets better. There is a lovely Black and Orange thick diagonal stripe going through the advertising logo.

Great stuff Wests Tigers. :lol:

The one week where you get an opportunity to get it right, and you just cant resist but put another 'Balmain' tinge to it. Lets be consistant for the entire 26 weeks shall we.

Terrible terrible stuff. Makes me wonder how hard the Fib really fought for this game to remain on a Sunday for the Wests Magpies Celebrations to occur. :deadhorse:

Check out the advertising logo for the game below.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/

Time to sack the advertising guy I think.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.


User avatar
B B
Member
Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:58 pm

Post by B B » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 8:41 am

I think it's time for you to ditch the Wests Tigers and put all your efforts and considerable PASSION into the Wests Magpies.

User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 8:55 am

B B,

Why do you think I should ditch the Wests Tigers?

I think its time for you to be a bit more objective and understanding.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 9:06 am

Umm that is our clubs logo for all heritage rounds.

Our teams logo does not change because we are in a heritage round. We are not going to put a magpie emblem as our logo regardless of how it may appeal to some.

Would love to see a larger and more prominent magpie at the top of the jersey sleeve though
Image

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 9:12 am

Can only assume channel 9 will do a tribute as part of its intro. More people look at the game than our website.


User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 10:03 am

smeghead wrote:Umm that is our clubs logo for all heritage rounds.

Our teams logo does not change because we are in a heritage round. We are not going to put a magpie emblem as our logo regardless of how it may appeal to some.

Would love to see a larger and more prominent magpie at the top of the jersey sleeve though
No its not Smeg. The logo in years gone by for the 'Wests' games is the WT Logo on a white shield with black border. They have put the 'Balmain' logo up instead.

I understand we are the Wests Tigers, but if they are gonna put our colours on tbe advertisement, at least include the colour white.

Its just another shot in the foot.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40109
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 10:11 am

Bug please come and join us at the West Tigers I was a passionate West Magpies as there was (you are putting me to shame there as far as my passion goes for the Magpies goes ) We are a joint venture now mate and even if the Magpies can't go on as an entity that you want they will still live on in all of our hearts . Its time to move on brother Magpie

User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 10:40 am

happy tiger I have moved on, but some Balmain people at WT obviously cant. Fairness and 50/50 equity is all I ask. We are Black, white and orange, not black and orange as some people within the WT organisation are trying to push.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40109
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 10:43 am

Balmain Bug wrote:happy tiger I have moved on, but some Balmain people at WT obviously cant. Fairness and 50/50 equity is all I ask. We are Black, white and orange, not black and orange as some people within the WT organisation ate trying to push.
Bug I think you are looking too hard mate . Just shrug it off if you notice it

User avatar
prattenpark
Member
Member
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue 02 Mar, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by prattenpark » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 10:51 am

Let's just hope Wests Tigers put up a better performance than Wests Magpies did 50 years ago!!!
In my opinion, and I'm a Wests fan orginally, I don't see why you would particularly want to celebrate losing 22-0.
I'll be thinking about 2005 on Friday night, not 1961.

Tiger99

Post by Tiger99 » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 11:27 am

Balmain Bug,

You are the most annoying person ever. You should support Parramatta going by how much you winge. Your footballing analysis is terrible and your constant negativity with off field issues is just plain boring.

My head hurts from you. Let me point out a stat for you that I've always wanted which is completely off topic.

Tim Sheens 4 Premierships
Balmain bug 0 Premierships

User avatar
genoshan
Member
Member
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by genoshan » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 11:35 am

I agree with the bug. I do feel our joint venture will head the way of the St George takeover of Illawarra if the die hard fans do not keep pushing the equality of a the JV.

It took me 2 years to watch the footy when the JV was announced and I feel the maggies are slowly being erased from the WT ...

Twodogs
Member
Member
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by Twodogs » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 11:35 am

I was happy to have a JV with Balmain due to similar culture, unlike the vultures at Bulldogs who wanted to usurp Wests, or the vultures at Manly that cannabilised Norths.

Very disappointing to see movements towards becoming Balmain Tigers at the expense of Wests. Wests have all the juniors, so why the capitulation?

Promises to make 2012 a genuine Heritage round v St. George do not render 2011 a non-event.

We don't have our own Denis Fitzgerald now, do we? :roll:

There are no excuses for next year. If 2012 doesn't result in a fair dinkum Heritage Round against St. George for Wests, then it should be open revolt!

User avatar
Chris
Member
Member
Posts: 4512
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:00 am

Post by Chris » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 11:42 am

Another Magpies whinge thread???

<yawn>

Ok boys, get it off your chests, let it aaaaaaall out.

Let me know if you guys need a pat on the back to help you guys burp.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 11:45 am

I think it was made clear at the start of the year the way forward was to promote the Tigers Brand in everything that we do. After all, this game is a Wests Tigers game and the fact the Club is making an effort to pay tribute to the history of one of the clubs owners is a nice gesture by the administration of the Wests Tigers. They couldve turned around and said "hey... you know, no one really cares", but they are making the effort without confusing our fan base.

I cant wait to see Noel Kelly and Norm Provan walking out on the SFS to the cheers of the fans... I'm sure my boy will be asking the question of "who are they dad" which I can proudly say these two are greats of the game and they played against each other in the 1961 Grand Final and are the 2 men on the NRL Trophy.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
Chris
Member
Member
Posts: 4512
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:00 am

Post by Chris » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 11:48 am

The 2 me on the NRL trophy are Arthur Summons and Norm Proven, Watto. ;)

batboy
Member
Member
Posts: 1359
Joined: Mon 27 Sep, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by batboy » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 11:50 am

Wouldn't this be an occasion you would wanna forget?
I mean... Doesn't matter how much you love Wests, The got Whipped!!
What's to celebrate... Might as well watch replays of Sowie's field goal from last years semi???
POINTLESS!!!
BUG, your critisism and negativity toward the Wests Tigers, Management and Staff is a disgrace!!
It seriously must be a full time job for you, Nit picking every little thing you can to relive your Black and White glory days!! I'd rather pick fly S**t out of pepper with Boxing gloves on....
Get a life.....

Balmain Bug wrote:Cant say it overwhelmingly represents the occasion.

The Wests Tigers advertising for this game that appears in the newspapers and the Wests Tigers opening web page is typical of management that isn't to keen to give too much away to the 'other side of the joint venture' as the Fib calls them.

So how do you think the WT have gone about advertising the Wests side of the JV for this game? In a game that is supposed to be celebrating the 61' grand final between Wests and St George, the Wests Tigers have typically chosen to advertise it in their own special way.

Yes folkes, the Wests Tigers will celebrate the Magpies by having the the Wests Tigers Logo imposed over a big bold Black and Orange Heritage Shield. :lol:

Yes folks.

But it gets better. There is a lovely Black and Orange thick diagonal stripe going through the advertising logo.

Great stuff Wests Tigers. :lol:

The one week where you get an opportunity to get it right, and you just cant resist but put another 'Balmain' tinge to it. Lets be consistant for the entire 26 weeks shall we.

Terrible terrible stuff. Makes me wonder how hard the Fib really fought for this game to remain on a Sunday for the Wests Magpies Celebrations to occur. :deadhorse:

Check out the advertising logo for the game below.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/

Time to sack the advertising guy I think.

User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 12:02 pm

I write these threads to make sure that the colour white is not erased from the Wests Tigers colours. In the last few years it has been.

I support the Wests Tigers. Not the team that used to be called the Balmain Tigers. Wests Tigers colours are Black WHITE and Orange.

All I want is fairness. Equity etc.

There are certain people in the Wests Tigers organisation that are doing there very best to be as Balmain as possible. We are not Balmain, we are not Wests, we are the Wests Tigers. 50/50 Joint venture.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Post Reply