Wests Heritage round advertising

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm Friday 5 August
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
Goose

Re: Wests Heritage round advertising

Post by Goose » Tue 02 Aug, 2011 8:48 pm

We play in predominately white all the time! I'm originally a balmain fan, i never give it a second thought.

We have 2 magpies on our jersey, no reference to Balmain anywhere on the jersey, Dont give a rats about that either.

When they play at Campbelltown I can't get there but love it, cause it is a proper home ground

When they harp on about the fibro spirit, or the fibro vs silvertails or alike (the west history), I love that to

If you look for negativity or insults in life you'll always find it.

And people only ever see it from their point of view.

I admit im not thinking about the wests side of the venture when they call Leichhardt the spiritual home, but I bet you never think about the balmain side when Rabs talks about the Fibro spirit

all about perspective

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 02 Aug, 2011 8:50 pm

I think at the end of the day, WT have blundered and need to put their hand up. The CEO admitted at the Wests AGM that there is a perception in the public eye and Community that Wests Tigers are seen to be Balmain. He said he will look at ways to try and change that perception.

So what is one of those ways? A big bold Black and Orange diagonal stripe across the advertisement for this game and a 'Balmain' Heritage shield to boot !!

If that was the advert for a normal WT game I would be peeved, but the fact that it's an advert for a 'Wests' Heritage game is the absolute height of arrogance by the CEO and his team.

He has no interest what so ever in doing anything to help change the public and Community perceptions that Balmain are the dominant partner in this JV.

To those of us who love the JV, who believed that all will and should be equal, the way the Wests group side of the JV has been treated is an absolute disgrace. If things do not improve, I can see that moves will be made by those with power, to have his position reviewed.

Enough is enough.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Chunk

Post by Chunk » Tue 02 Aug, 2011 9:23 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:Cant say it overwhelmingly represents the occasion.

The Wests Tigers advertising for this game that appears in the newspapers and the Wests Tigers opening web page is typical of management that isn't to keen to give too much away to the 'other side of the joint venture' as the Fib calls them.

So how do you think the WT have gone about advertising the Wests side of the JV for this game? In a game that is supposed to be celebrating the 61' grand final between Wests and St George, the Wests Tigers have typically chosen to advertise it in their own special way.

Yes folkes, the Wests Tigers will celebrate the Magpies by having the the Wests Tigers Logo imposed over a big bold Black and Orange Heritage Shield. :lol:

Yes folks.

But it gets better. There is a lovely Black and Orange thick diagonal stripe going through the advertising logo.

Great stuff Wests Tigers. :lol:

The one week where you get an opportunity to get it right, and you just cant resist but put another 'Balmain' tinge to it. Lets be consistant for the entire 26 weeks shall we.

Terrible terrible stuff. Makes me wonder how hard the Fib really fought for this game to remain on a Sunday for the Wests Magpies Celebrations to occur. :deadhorse:

Check out the advertising logo for the game below.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/

Time to sack the advertising guy I think.
Magpies are dead brother, the Tiger is the way of the future.

Thanks for the juniors by the way.

One NSW Cup team too, thanks.

The majority of the fans want it that way, get with the program

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 02 Aug, 2011 9:29 pm

Good one Chunk. Good to see the makers of the Simpsons used your actual image and intellect to model Homer Simpson upon.

Do'h !!!!
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Wed 03 Aug, 2011 10:39 am

Chunk wrote:

The Wests Tigers advertising for this game that appears in the newspapers and the Wests Tigers opening web page is typical of management that isn't to keen to give too much away to the 'other side of the joint venture' as the Fib calls them.

So how do you think the WT have gone about advertising the Wests side of the JV for this game? In a game that is supposed to be celebrating the 61' grand final between Wests and St George, the Wests Tigers have typically chosen to advertise it in their own special way.

Yes folkes, the Wests Tigers will celebrate the Magpies by having the the Wests Tigers Logo imposed over a big bold Black and Orange Heritage Shield. :lol:

Yes folks.

But it gets better. There is a lovely Black and Orange thick diagonal stripe going through the advertising logo.

The one week where you get an opportunity to get it right, and you just cant resist but put another 'Balmain' tinge to it. Lets be consistant for the entire 26 weeks shall we.

Terrible terrible stuff. Makes me wonder how hard the Fib really fought for this game to remain on a Sunday for the Wests Magpies Celebrations to occur. :deadhorse:

Your a muppet of the highest order.

Chunk

Post by Chunk » Wed 03 Aug, 2011 11:47 am

People like you and your constant whinging do nothing but divide the club.

You got the name Wests and play at Cambo and more.

Be happy and cop it on the chin, the Tiger is an awesome brand and should be marketed for the benefit of the Wests Tigers.

Besides if you think Balmain get a better deal,it probably reflects the strength of Balmain and its success compared to Wests.

You're lucky Wests still have any involvement in the NRL.

Tigerpride

Post by Tigerpride » Wed 03 Aug, 2011 12:04 pm

Get over it and move on. Why waste too much money advertising when clearly 35k will rock up and a HUGE TV audience will see the black and white of wests. As stated previously, I'm sure channel 9 will do a special tribute for wests and st George. Not to mention the festivities on the ground before hand.

Posted using RoarFEED

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Wed 03 Aug, 2011 12:44 pm

Should be a wonderful night ....... I'll be donning the black and white WT Maggies retro.
I imagine St.Geo will wear the Steelers jumper to stand out better.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 03 Aug, 2011 1:15 pm

Please refrain from personal attacks. If you disagree with something, attack the post and not the poster.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 03 Aug, 2011 1:38 pm

Centaur wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:Please refrain from personal attacks. If you disagree with something, attack the post and not the poster.
In my opinion the poster is asking for it...

Carry on I say...
Doesn't matter whether they ask for it or not, if you can't constructively argue a point without taking taking a potshot don't post it. Otherwise, don't feed the trolls.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

willow

Post by willow » Wed 03 Aug, 2011 1:58 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Centaur wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:Please refrain from personal attacks. If you disagree with something, attack the post and not the poster.
In my opinion the poster is asking for it...

Carry on I say...
Doesn't matter whether they ask for it or not, if you can't constructively argue a point without taking taking a potshot don't post it. Otherwise, don't feed the trolls.
Trolling won't be tolerated and neither will personal attacks on other posters. As CB said, stick to the topic and keep it constructive please.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Wed 03 Aug, 2011 3:17 pm

Equity and Fairness in the JV is all I ask.

Wests Tigers colours are Black, White and Orange.

Someone please remind the WT of this.

They cant even get it right when they promised they would try and do so.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Wed 03 Aug, 2011 3:24 pm

Chunk wrote:People like you and your constant whinging do nothing but divide the club.

You got the name Wests and play at Cambo and more.

Be happy and cop it on the chin, the Tiger is an awesome brand and should be marketed for the benefit of the Wests Tigers.

Besides if you think Balmain get a better deal,it probably reflects the strength of Balmain and its success compared to Wests.

You're lucky Wests still have any involvement in the NRL.
What strength of Balmain and its success are you talking about ? Give me an example ?

How am I dividing the JV ? I am the one who is trying to eliminate division by always requesting fairness in ALL operations. You are dividing it, not me pal.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Wed 03 Aug, 2011 7:43 pm

Chunk wrote:

Yes folks.

Wake up to yourself.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Marshall Magic 77

Post by Marshall Magic 77 » Wed 03 Aug, 2011 10:53 pm

It's not orange....it's balmain gold my friend and don't you forget it

Posted using RoarFEED

alien

Post by alien » Wed 03 Aug, 2011 10:55 pm

Marshall Magic 77 wrote:It's not orange....it's balmain gold my friend and don't you forget it
Not anymore it isn't.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Wed 03 Aug, 2011 11:01 pm

If we had all black jerseys with a orange stripe and a white stripe....bug would get the vernier caliper out just to make sure we haven't a half mil more.lol

Unfair would be not to give wests a heritage day at all.Get over it guys

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 03 Aug, 2011 11:31 pm

Hey everyone we may not agree with what Bug says but he does have some good ideas on different subjects . And you've gotta love his passion for what he believes in . So lay off the personal attacks . I can see where you are coming from but I just don't think its that great a deal .
One question for you Bug ' if Wests had not of merged and they had died do you think you would support rugby league and a different club ?