Lui

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm Friday 5 August
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
angeman

Re: Lui

Post by angeman » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 7:24 am

love it when he runs it. he pokes his head through the line most times. quiet strong...

defensively he was ok. i've noticed he stays at marker and let's the others run back which also makes sense

LukeH

Post by LukeH » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 7:37 am

Kaiser wrote:Attack and kicking game was brilliant, his defence is still terrible and still a massive concern. That said, if he plays like that every week, we can hide him like Saints do with Soward.
They couldn't hide the little grub tonight!!! Loved watching Marshall and Lawrence run at him and have him cack his daks!!

Danos

Post by Danos » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 9:50 am

Was forced to do a lot of defense last night, so naturally he missed half a dozen tackles, but he came up out of the line and stuck in a few tackles, made a couple of important 1-on-1's too. Long kicking game was strong. Running game was powerful, as always. If Fulton, Lui, Ayshford & Utai can work as a solid defensive unit for the rest of the year it should give Rob an opporunity to hit a real purple patch of form.

It might be worth switching he and Ellis to the same side of the field though, they make a strong pairing in both attack and defense and it seemed like Ellis saw hardly any ball last night.

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 9:59 am

I know its a little off topic but Damos mentioned it above - we have talked about Ellis combining with Marshall and lawrence again but I have always though Ellis did his best attacking work running off Lui last year and that this combination should be used more in attack especially in the opposition 20

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 10:11 am

A much improved performance by Lui keep it up.

rossop

Post by rossop » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 2:33 pm

I have been worried about his defence for ages. Especially at marker. I was very happy for him to have such a top game last night. Hope I can eat more Humble Pie in the future!

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 2:36 pm

Defence was better tonight but still has work to do.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

westy81

Post by westy81 » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 2:46 pm

He might have been good in this game but what about the next 4 if he plays the same the next 4-5 games I will eat humble pie but next week I'm guessing he will play another crap game with 2 errors and 7 missed tackles

Posted using RoarFEED
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 2:49 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Would the baggers please line up for their serving of humble pie.

He was great tonight.

Posted using RoarFEED
I've openly admitted I am not a fan of Lui. I've seen very little in his whole time at the Tigers that warrant the carry on from some. Potential? Yes. Even close to delivering? No way. Not yet.

As a Wests Tigers fan, I will eat the whole humble pie by myself IF Lui proves me wrong. I'd like nothing more.

To say he had a blinder against the Dragons is stretching it a little. I would have rated him a 7/10 which is about 6 more than the last few months. As a playmaker and one of the 'go-to men', he needs to be constantly cracking an 8/10 each and every week with a few 9's and 10's amongst that. No team can carry a half that people rate is playing well if he is a 7/10.

Sure, that's my rating, but can anyone here honestly say he was an 8 or 9 out of ten?

Having said that, I sincerely hope he is improving for the finals and if he does well, I will be the first to cop it on the chin.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 3:39 pm

Considering that Robert was the NYC 5/8 and that he has been a converted 1/2 back he's taken a little time to find his feet, did Cooper Cronk make an immediate impact for the Storm?.
Have the expectations been too high?, he's still young but he could exceed anything that Scott Prince did for us, unfortunately the rumours on the forum suggest that he will be off to the Cowboys to play pivot alongside the great JT, just when it's all going great he could be snatched away from us.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 3:46 pm

He really was good in attack tonight - took heaps of pressure off Benji.

If anyone caught Miller's performance in NYC last night they would not be in any rush to bring him into firsts. Although to be fair he was off the ball so much I wonder whether he was carrying an injury.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 4:49 pm

Couldn't tackle his grandmother if she had a yard either side of him.
Cost us a try.
Made a couple of runs - still a reserve grader.
Still ,one of his better games gets him 6 out of 10 :righton:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 5:46 pm

cktiger wrote:Couldn't tackle his grandmother if she had a yard either side of him.
Cost us a try.
his defence was 100 times better
which try are you referring to?
some haters are just gonna continue to hate no matter what
suck it up

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 7:30 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
cktiger wrote:Couldn't tackle his grandmother if she had a yard either side of him.
Cost us a try.
suck it up
Don't hate the guy - just think he is a reserve grader- especially until he learns to tackle on the move.
Try watching the game - you'll see him always leave a hole by not committing to a player.
At the last second he goes in to (apparently) help his teammate tackle someone else who then immediately passes it to whoever Lui was supposed to mark.(see last nights game)
His passing is nothing spectacular either and he is slow.
We could do a lot better.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 9:29 pm

200% better tan Moltzen and will only get better with time. great foil for Marshall. Suck it up all u douthers. :bash

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 10:02 pm

Cost us a try.
dont know what u want from a 1/2 back, but lui was damn good last nite kicking game was great and he attacked the line, better the moltzen and better than anyone we have, get over it. :bash

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 10:35 pm

cktiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Cost us a try.
suck it up
Don't hate the guy - just think he is a reserve grader- especially until he learns to tackle on the move.
Try watching the game - you'll see him always leave a hole by not committing to a player.
At the last second he goes in to (apparently) help his teammate tackle someone else who then immediately passes it to whoever Lui was supposed to mark.(see last nights game)
His passing is nothing spectacular either and he is slow.
We could do a lot better.
fair enough,but which try did Lui cost us last night?

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 10:37 pm

Humble Pie! The kid was a turnstile for most of the year, showed a bit more determination last night, missed 1 in 3 tackles not his usual 1 in 2. Admittedly he was much better in attack last night.

We know he has potential and he is young, but surely he will have to have a remarkable finish to the season before anyones eating humble pie.