Utai

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm Friday 5 August
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
Illek

Re: Utai

Post by Illek » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 8:34 am

boonboon wrote:I was and to be fair still am a little tipsy but I thought Utai had his hand down to pick up the ball and when Young Kicked it he also kicked Utais hand which in the moment would have sparked it
I am almost certain this is what happened. Utai was going to pick it up and dean young kicked it. It was obvious at the end that the dragons were just trying to provoke the tigers into a fight so that they would give away a penatly to take a shot at goal, such as holding Bryce by the throat.

I thought Utai was fine tonight, he was tested under the high ball and went alright, and his running back really had some venom in the second half when we were starting to get tired.

Tiger99

Post by Tiger99 » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 9:59 am

Am I the only one who thinks we need to through the cutout more often and get him one on one with his winger when we are inside there 20. Surely the opposing winger will not be able to stop him.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 10:19 am

good to have him in team.
adds that extra big of mongrel, that wests-tigers benefit from.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Adman

Post by Adman » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 10:24 am

Lovin utai. That run where he bulldozed underneath some defenders, picked them up on his back and carried the was a highlight for me! love his passion.

Posted using RoarFEED

Adman

Post by Adman » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 10:25 am

Lovin utai. That run where he bulldozed underneath some defenders, picked them up on his back and carried the was a highlight for me! love his passion.

Posted using RoarFEED

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 10:33 am

Having a strong running winger is important to the way the tigers play the first two sets when returning the ball in attack after a kick - which is to get the backs to take the first two (ughh sometimes three) tackles quickly instead of waiting for Farah and the forwards to return. I cringe every time I see Ryan running the ball from dummy half for the second tackle (don't get me wrong, I thinking he is playing great). When Utai runs on the second tackle he makes metres like a forward.
I think he is a valuable team member.
Last edited by tigergirlz on Sat 06 Aug, 2011 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 10:38 am

That's why it should be brown on the right wing and Utai as the utility his hit ups are priceless

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 11:02 am

With the metres he makes hes got to be in our team....he also gets very quick play the balls.

I wouldnt mind him scooting from dummy half all the time....the guys hard to put down.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 11:07 am

how true are the reports he has broken his hand when Young kicked him?

willow

Post by willow » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 11:16 am

stryker wrote:how true are the reports he has broken his hand when Young kicked him?
True unfortunately.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 11:36 am

ah shame about the hand. no wonder he was so p1ssed at young.

on his game though, tonight he had a shocker although his run backs were awesome as they always are. certainly no need to drop him although it looks to be the case through injury anyway. he'll be back come finals time.

Tiger99

Post by Tiger99 » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 11:38 am

He's fine will play next week.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 11:40 am

willow wrote:
stryker wrote:how true are the reports he has broken his hand when Young kicked him?
True unfortunately.

Depends on location and severity of the break as to whether he will play.

pedro

Post by pedro » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 1:37 pm

It's only bruising

Posted using RoarFEED

NEDKELLY

Post by NEDKELLY » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 1:58 pm

I must have been watching a different game tonight as I thought Mat Utai was very ORDINARY! At times this year I have admired his efforts and his fearless returns of the ball but tonight there were number of blonde moments for the little "Keg on Legs".

I was particularly dissapointed with his poor read in defence and attempt to tackle Morris when he scored and who can forget him letting the ball bounce and bounce and bounce in the first half as he tried to shepherd it over the sideline. I think I would rather have him come off the bench as an impact player but just my opinion.

rossop

Post by rossop » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 2:18 pm

Must agree with NEDKELLY...I would prefer him off the bench

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 3:12 pm

I was sitting down that end of the field in the second row (damned 6 year old niece and nephew). There were two balls on the field which set off all the angst - the Tigers had one trying to con the ref into giving us the feed. The dragons got the ball boy to give them one. Utai then ended up with the original ball. Young realised there were two balls and wanted to get rid of one and hence kicked it away in frustration.

I thought utai was ok. he did take a big risk in the first half letting the ball bounce and bounce, but if he picked it up he was surely going to be barreled over the sideline. Dragons would have got the feed in great field position. I think he actually made the right, although risky, choice.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 3:20 pm

prattenpark wrote:I was sitting down that end of the field in the second row (damned 6 year old niece and nephew). There were two balls on the field which set off all the angst - the Tigers had one trying to con the ref into giving us the feed. The dragons got the ball boy to give them one. Utai then ended up with the original ball. Young realised there were two balls and wanted to get rid of one and hence kicked it away in frustration.

I thought utai was ok. he did take a big risk in the first half letting the ball bounce and bounce, but if he picked it up he was surely going to be barreled over the sideline. Dragons would have got the feed in great field position. I think he actually made the right, although risky, choice.
x2
I hate South Sydney.... immensely