SFS issues and a few other things

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm Friday 5 August
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
genoshan

SFS issues and a few other things

Post by genoshan » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 11:53 pm

A great game in the 2nd half. !st half both sides seemed nervy to me.

It was my first ever live game at SFS and my thoughts. The sound / microphone when the 61 GF players were on the field. I could not hear anything through the speakers. Otherwise, I liked it as a ground for footy. The beer line up was terrible ... about 15 mins to get a crappy VB !!!

One other thing. I kinda wished the tiger mascot stayed away from the Magpies old time legends. Seemed a little tacky to me. They were doing photos with the 4 teams lined up and we had the Tiger in the middle of our 2 sides.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 11:59 pm

LOL I sasw the tiger put his arm around some big silver haired dude at the front of ther line, not sure who it was his back was to me....the old champ brushed his arm off in no uncertain terms.

Agree with the PA too....useless

Great to see both teams walk out though with the Feds and hawks kids, line up with the olf famous players, national anthem and the best touch imo our players shaking our past players hands befoe kick off....very classy, loved it all.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 12:36 am

Looked really empyty both ends and in the stand I thought there may have been more numbers in attendance.

alien

Post by alien » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 1:09 am

innsaneink wrote:LOL I saw the tiger put his arm around some big silver haired dude at the front of ther line, not sure who it was his back was to me....the old champ brushed his arm off in no uncertain terms.
:lol:

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 7:28 am

If I was a sponsor of the club i would not be impressed the sound system is non exitistant..The SFS needs a major upgrade no doubt a great venue to watch but old and tired..it spoils the atmosphere when you can not hear whats going on!

tigertiger

Post by tigertiger » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 7:37 am

Yea too right snake.. Sfs is too old and tired

Posted using RoarFEED

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 8:03 am

Usually the sound is much better and audible, but for some reason a lazy technician mustn't have picked up on it, pretty piss poor.

Highlight was when the full time siren went, the whole dragon army dispersed as fast as they could lol

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 8:37 am

Perhaps being a tigers home game they brought the sound system across from Leichhardt oval!!!

Posted using RoarFEED

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 10:18 am

ragedmachine wrote:Usually the sound is much better and audible, but for some reason a lazy technician mustn't have picked up on it, pretty piss poor.

Highlight was when the full time siren went, the whole dragon army dispersed as fast as they could lol
No it,s been that way for couple of seasons as we sit in roughly the same area in GA most games It really requires only cosmetic surgery but I guess this still costs Millions.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 10:57 am

I think people are sick & tired of going there & being ripped off for parking & ripped off for a drink & the cost of crap food is a joke & the p.a system is R.S then you cant get out of the dump.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 11:03 am

I parked in the SCG carpark, started the car, straight out and only got one red light the entire way dropping a mate home in Ambarvale. 40 minutes including a Drive Thru sustenance stop.

The audio was ok in the members area apart from the cutout during the National Anthem.

It was a real touch of class the players shaking all the greats hands before the game

pacey

Post by pacey » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 11:51 am

The atmosphere is great there , it's one of my favorite grounds to watch the footy,

Posted using RoarFEED

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 12:20 pm

smeghead wrote:I parked in the SCG carpark, started the car, straight out and only got one red light the entire way dropping a mate home in Ambarvale. 40 minutes including a Drive Thru sustenance stop.

The audio was ok in the members area apart from the cutout during the National Anthem.

It was a real touch of class the players shaking all the greats hands before the game
I had a similar experience to you smeg, even the drive back to the southwest. Agree with Ink the players shaking hands was a very good touch.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 3:21 pm

Not an sfs issue but I didn't like how the 2 sides come out together in the 1st half. One of my favorite things if going to the game is standing up an cheering as Robbie leads the team onto the field and the boo the crap out of the opposing team. Had to wait till the 2nd half to do this
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 3:26 pm

steve-o wrote:Not an sfs issue but I didn't like how the 2 sides come out together in the 1st half. One of my favorite things if going to the game is standing up an cheering as Robbie leads the team onto the field and the boo the crap out of the opposing team. Had to wait till the 2nd half to do this
haha well there you go.
I thought it was terrific, with the little kids beside each player....gave it a real old time, big game feel about it.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 3:36 pm

How did others find the atmosphere last night?

I thought for such a closely contested match there wasnt a lot there. Probably reflected the fact that for most of the game it was a dour contest with outstanding defence.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 5:41 pm

I was surprised at the small size of the crowd but being a Friday night many find it hard to get there from work.

tigergran

Post by tigergran » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi everyone

I hate the rolling advertisements that we on the western side of the field have to watch all night. Can be very distracting.

With all the noise from the crowd, it is hard to criticise the PA system.

And I like the idea of the teams running on individually. Cheer on our boys, and boo the opposition. It's the rule!!

We park 15 minutes walk away - and have no trouble getting away.

And I don't buy food and drink there - or at any ground really. Too expensive and yuk!!

Great game last night, anyway - Go the Tigers!!

Tigergran
Through thick and thin.
WESTS TIGERS BE PROUD!!