I have a feeling that Tim Moltzen is going to have a blinder

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35 pm Friday 12 August
Venue: CUA Stadium, Penrith
Telecast: ch.9
MacDougall

I have a feeling that Tim Moltzen is going to have a blinder

Post by MacDougall » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 6:32 pm

I feel that he has played multiple different games recently, bear with me here.

He recently played a fantastic game at fullback (can't remember which but I made a thread that said it was his best ever fullback performance) but I recall in that game he was hardly tested with attacking kicks and was not really forced to run the ball back with any vigour. His good display was by chiming in with backline plays, not making any defensive errors and taking reasonably good options. Since then he has been very mixed. The match against the Dragons, even I lampooned him for a poor performance in the positives and negatives thread but upon a couple of replays, I noticed some things that were out of character for Tim.

1) He ran the ball back. Not dynamically but he hit the defense with some power and didn't seem to be afraid to be tackled.

2) Despite one dropped bomb that lead to an error he took at least one very comfortably and other than that one mistake, was faultless in defense, both in covering tackles and in handling kicks.

3) He was seen at least once, supporting someone other than Benji Marshall, but still not quite enough.

4) His decision making when chiming into the backline was very ordinary, which is unlike him, as it's usually his greatest strength.

The reason I feel he's due for a blinder is because to me, he seems to have worked on his negatives to the detriment of his positives. Being that I'm sure we all agree, he's a confidence player, the decent performance he put in against the Dragons, when tested more than he has been this year to be fair, should bode well for him finally putting paid to the reasons we don't rate him as a fullback. Once his confidence with his deficiencies is put to bed, he shouldn't be under so much inner pressure to deliver on his positives.

I feel that with Luke Walsh in their team, Tim is going to finally come of age as a fullback. I'll unhappily take it on the chin if I'm wrong, but something tells me he's about to click and slay the Panthers well and truly.

Kul

Post by Kul » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 6:36 pm

don't let willow see this thread
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 6:42 pm

Kul wrote:don't let willow see this thread
:lol:

In all seriousness, we're all praying that Moltzen finds a bit of consistency at #1. I'm hoping he goes out there and takes advantage of a Pamfers backline that is for want of a better term "second string."
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 6:51 pm

It would be wonderful if he did

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 6:58 pm

To defend myself I'm not one of those that are pegged as Moltzen lovers or defenders or whatever. I'm a pretty harsh critic of the guy, but it adds up in my head for some reason.

spudoakes

Post by spudoakes » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 7:09 pm

mackinnon will start

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 7:18 pm

Hey MacDougall, I want some of whatever you're taking. Did you have a dream about it? Did someone read your tea leaves.
Rather Benji and Robbie have blinders......now that would make me happy.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 7:49 pm

If Moltzen has a good game from fullback it will be because everyone other team member made him look good . I doubt he will have a good game if the 6,7 and 9 are't having a good game .

willow

Post by willow » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 8:15 pm

Kul wrote:don't let willow see this thread
Now now Kul, be fair...I believe Moltzen has the right attributes to be a top shelf player, but at fullback he has mostly proven to be a dud for failing to put his body on the line and support the general play. Now while last week he ran the ball back more, he still fails to show any real support play and does not look like breaking the line. I wish he was in the sort of form he was in back in 2009, he really did take some pressure off Benji back then.

I hope he continues to improve, I really do because he's not playing to his potential right now, and the Tigers need him at his best if they're going to play him at fullback and hope to win the comp.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 9:13 pm

Everyone, bar two or three , thought Utai would be a dud....anything can happen

Do find it amusing though the OP recalls a great game from Timid yet cant remember against whooooom.

Chunk

Post by Chunk » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 1:11 pm

Golly Gosh!...he's due.

If he can't have good game tonight, when will have a good game, not brilliant good will do.

seadoggy

Post by seadoggy » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 3:06 pm

Don't know whether to laugh or cry ...................

Goose

Post by Goose » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 4:49 pm

he could play like Chuchill, langlands and slater rolled into 1 and there would be people on here that would bag him.
Im happy for him he is leaving, interestingly enough i was in a St George box last week for the game, and they are very excited about the signing.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 8:39 pm

He's doing all right so far. Try n a linebreak
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 9:23 pm

Good game from Moltz I guess. He wasn't really tested but made no errors, scored a try, made a good linebreak... Didn't get many chances though. Hardly a blinder I guess but it was much improved.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 9:25 pm

yes it was better

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 9:40 pm

Aside from bombing a certain try by being selfish and trying to score from dummy half, he went well tonight.

Posted using RoarFEED

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 9:44 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Aside from bombing a certain try by being selfish and trying to score from dummy half, he went well tonight.

Posted using RoarFEED
Gee i was filthy about that becasue he did the same thing in a game a while ago. One thing we must learn,........ is never let Moltz get into dummy half after a line break, cos he will butcher it.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS