Kickoff: 7.35 pm Friday 12 August
Venue: CUA Stadium, Penrith
Telecast: ch.9
slacko

too easy, too cruisy

Post by slacko » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 9:43 pm

We clocked off in the 10th minutes.

Penrith came back, we killed it off.

It was as simple as those two sentences. We kicked on third tackle, we pushed passes we that we haven't done in the past few weeks.

The boys seemed to conserve for next week.

Posted using RoarFEED
eternal optimist.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 9:48 pm

Yeah they did that easy...wasnt too happy that they clocked off so early but as you saidf they were conserving. 5 good wins in a row now and still have improvement in attack.

A bit exciting...

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 11:18 pm

A really poor effort, they will not get within 20 of a top four side on that effort, but thats the good thing about footy next week is a new week

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 11:21 pm

dont forget injuries and players coming back from injuries. how could you say poor effort. like the thread says we are in cruise control. :crazy
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 11:29 pm

The line speed was good and best of all out of form players stepped up and took the win.

You have to be happy. Utai and Payton need to improve.

Lawrence/Tuqiri to come back... happy days.

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 11:30 pm

supercoach wrote:A really poor effort, they will not get within 20 of a top four side on that effort, but thats the good thing about footy next week is a new week
We ticked that box the last 2 weeks though. We don't have to play to beat the top 4 every week although i do think we will probably drop a game in this relatively easy run home.

I think the boys were complacent after the strong start / recent form. I also think they were confident they had enough in the tank to see them off in the second half too if anything happened.

Just quietly if we had been playing the bunnies i would've been crapping myself when the foot was off the peddle in the second half as they always seem to find another gear against us in particular.

Overall i reckon it's a B- ... not a huge amount of effort put in, a few errors & options to fix up but still came away with the chocolates