Utai

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35 pm Friday 12 August
Venue: CUA Stadium, Penrith
Telecast: ch.9
Marshall_magic

Re: Utai

Post by Marshall_magic » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 11:50 pm

Second howler in 2 weeks. Will probably get the chop for the game Lote returns, then get his spot back when Lote gets injured again.

Post by 851 » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 12:33 am

I have supported him all year,but he has had 2 very ordinary outings in a row,he needs to be dropped.
Go hard or go home

Gurry

Post by Gurry » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 12:35 am

Thanks Wade Mckinnon, but unless theres another key injury (unlikely!) youre dropping off the bench so Utai can play # 14 (battering ram from the 71st to the 80th minutes). The premiership is ours..

parratigerman

Post by parratigerman » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 8:08 am

Hes go to go. Watch the bombs come his way. He's to slow who looks like a ship trying to turn around when they kick his way. Brown to the stat with Utai and McKinnon to go. We all know that man Mr sheens will drop brown. Please Utai will cost us in a big game soon.

Posted using RoarFEED

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 8:19 am

Agree with the comment that he is part of the spirit that is the team at the moment. If he played with a broken hand then all power to him as that is relective of that spirit. He provides good hit ups, when Lote returns he is back to the bench as Gurry said. Brown should not be dropped he had a good game last night IMO.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 8:32 am

innsaneink wrote:
cnx_tigers wrote:I disagree mate. He is an absolutely terrible winger. He rarely scores tries, he drops easy passes, he can't jump to defend a kick to save his life, his defense is average at best.

Yes, he runs the ball back like a wild bull........but that is ALL he does. Surely one of the forwards can take that role?

When Lote and Chris are back, I don't see how Utai will get a game.

One skill = great.

Other areas = massive liability.
Wingers do this to give the forwards much needed rest.
Yeh tonite wasnt his best nite but lets not forget he played with a broken hand

Is that true? I thought that was found to be not true and it was only bruised. If it is true then he shouldnt have played, we all know our wingers can be put under pressure by freakish passes, the last thing they need is a broken hand. Id say even if it was just bruised, it would have affected him a bit as well.

I doubt he'll drop that much ball again, and if we didnt have players coming back id be happy to keep him on the wing......but i think any poor game by a winger now puts him behind the 8 ball. Lote has one spot down, and the right wing has Ryan, Utai and Brown fighting it out. I think its a tough decision. Put Beau and Utai's attitude on Brown and he walks it in.......but the fract is, Brown does good work when he's involved, but he doesnt get involved enough. He's quite a big strong guy, just not hungry enough.

I'd say Ryan on the right with Utai on the bench would be ok. Shame we didnt get to see how Brown would have gone at fullback this year. Its amazing that the fullback we had in the semi finals last year didnt get one single game there this year. :crazy
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 8:36 am

Good point sirro about Brown platying fullback it is a bit :crazy but that's politics I would say :wtf

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 8:41 am

king sirro wrote: I'd say Ryan on the right with Utai on the bench would be ok. Shame we didnt get to see how Brown would have gone at fullback this year. Its amazing that the fullback we had in the semi finals last year didnt get one single game there this year. :crazy
Yeah that sounds alright with Utai on the bench. As for Brown I don't know if anyone can do the math as to why we have barely seen the guy this year, ran over someone's dog?

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 9:24 am

Watched a couple of angles of the no try and much less control has been awarded by the video reff. Hell he denied Heighnos try and gave the terrible try decision to Dugan in Canberra without going upstairs.

A couple of off weeks for Utai. Be interesting to see where he sits at full fitness

NEDKELLY

Post by NEDKELLY » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 9:54 am

by Gurry » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 12:35 am

Thanks Wade Mckinnon, but unless theres another key injury (unlikely!) youre dropping off the bench so Utai can play # 14 (battering ram from the 71st to the 80th minutes). The premiership is ours.
Gurry don't let your emotions get in the way of making a carefully thought out comment!
Whilst I think you might be seriously getting ahead of yourself I definitely agree that Utai will best serve the team from the bench! If he had a better passing game he would be great from dummy-half in the last 20 minutes of each game (particularly with his darting runs) and allow Farah to move back to lock.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 9:56 am

supercoach wrote:
alexaki wrote:off night by Utai...watch him next week!

I have been watching him for weeks, do you think it will be different next week?? the only difference, he will be a bigger target with bigger rewards
Agreed SC,deadset liability.Utai had two opportunies and blew both.You could see the frustration in Benji.
Plus he let in a try.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 9:59 am

king sirro wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
cnx_tigers wrote:I disagree mate. He is an absolutely terrible winger. He rarely scores tries, he drops easy passes, he can't jump to defend a kick to save his life, his defense is average at best.

Yes, he runs the ball back like a wild bull........but that is ALL he does. Surely one of the forwards can take that role?

When Lote and Chris are back, I don't see how Utai will get a game.

One skill = great.

Other areas = massive liability.
Wingers do this to give the forwards much needed rest.
Yeh tonite wasnt his best nite but lets not forget he played with a broken hand

Is that true? I thought that was found to be not true and it was only bruised. If it is true then he shouldnt have played, we all know our wingers can be put under pressure by freakish passes, the last thing they need is a broken hand. Id say even if it was just bruised, it would have affected him a bit as well.

I doubt he'll drop that much ball again, and if we didnt have players coming back id be happy to keep him on the wing......but i think any poor game by a winger now puts him behind the 8 ball. Lote has one spot down, and the right wing has Ryan, Utai and Brown fighting it out. I think its a tough decision. Put Beau and Utai's attitude on Brown and he walks it in.......but the fract is, Brown does good work when he's involved, but he doesnt get involved enough. He's quite a big strong guy, just not hungry enough.

I'd say Ryan on the right with Utai on the bench would be ok. Shame we didnt get to see how Brown would have gone at fullback this year. Its amazing that the fullback we had in the semi finals last year didnt get one single game there this year. :crazy
Hey Sirro ,LOVE that tattoo reminds me of Birchgrove oval as a kid.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 10:42 am

Utai had a shocker!! everyone has bad games at least it didn't cost us, I think on form Ryan will definately keep the wing spot when Lote returns

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 4:15 pm

1/4 chicken it is birchgrove oval mate
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 4:26 pm

Unreal.They wouldnt be Leichhardt juniors jerseys would they.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 4:40 pm

Yeh mate it is Leichhardt Juniors. About 25 years ago that photo was taken. The tattoo artist did a great job as it looks just like the photo
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 5:21 pm

Where is it on your calf?
Got a bigger image....I recall you asking about tatts and kids names etc a while back....is this what you settled on?

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 13 Aug, 2011 5:49 pm

innsaneink wrote:Where is it on your calf?
Got a bigger image....I recall you asking about tatts and kids names etc a while back....is this what you settled on?

No this is a different tat. The kids one is on my upper arm.....this portrait is on the inside of my forearm. Its me and my late cousin, im the ballboy.....not sure where my long blonde hair has gone lol.

I do have a larger image if u want
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS