Moltzen

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3PM Sunday 21 August
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9 Delayed
Eddie

Re: Moltzen

Post by Eddie » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 10:18 pm

southerntiger wrote:Eddie you are correct in saying that nobody questioned his talent but many questioned Sheens project to turn him into a fullback.

The critics also ignored how difficult it is coming back from knee construction. Not to mention he was doing it in a position in which he has played about ten games.

Posted using RoarFEED
I don't want to turn this into a war between the "critics" and his supporters, with each group of supporters claiming victory each week. Everyone wants him to do well, little things like not doing enough to save tries, and running 20 metres acros field motioning to the winger to come inside him canno't simply be put down to his knee.

I have had the same issues with Moltzen since 2009 pre knee reco. I would like him to be a busier player and use his running game more. Run harder and more often. Im sure it does take time to build confidence and learn the in's and out of the fullback position. Its good he is carving up poor opposition the past couple of weeks, the busier he is, it adds another dimension to our attack that has been missing all year

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 10:41 pm

Neither do I Eddie and I dony consider myself a Moltz supporter. Rather i have simply always thought he had the right gamr to be a very good fullback. He is not there yet but he has had a few performances like this that justify the project. He will have a few more shockers too before he is fully developed as a number 1.

Posted using RoarFEED

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 11:07 pm

moltzens form was probably a little overdue but he's only just regained confidence coming back from his knee op. was always going to take time problem is people want him playing his best first game back....

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 6:10 am

He would have been man of the match for me yesterday if he hadn't blown those line breaks by throwing the ball away. Take the tackle and keep attacking instead of going all-or-nothing!
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 6:25 am

Definitely his best game of the season. Shame he couldnt have played like that sooner.

Posted using RoarFEED

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 8:51 am

Is it possible Sheens has ruined this guys career at the Tigers???.

It's clear Moltz is a confidence player...for the last 4 weeks it's clear Moltz has improved week on week...Now Sheens has never really allowed the guy to settle into a full time position...Bench, Centre, Half, Fullback...he has played in 4 different positions this year....since Moltz has settled in the one position his confidence has grown and so has his positive contribution to the team....Perhaps Sheens has made a big mistake with him by chopping and changing him around.?????

Duffy_P

Post by Duffy_P » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 9:42 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Definitely his best game of the season. Shame he couldnt have played like that sooner.

Posted using RoarFEED
Exactly mate. Played like a busted all year.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 1:16 pm

IMO it is no coincidence that since he has been able to play in the same spot for a few weeks he has got better each game.
Ironically the 2 players that copped the most criticism (Lui and Moltz) this year have really improved and played better each week over the last month, no surprise we have gone on a winning strak.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 1:27 pm

Goose wrote:IMO it is no coincidence that since he has been able to play in the same spot for a few weeks he has got better each game.
Ironically the 2 players that copped the most criticism (Lui and Moltz) this year have really improved and played better each week over the last month, no surprise we have gone on a winning strak.
Goose good point...but they must realise they get paid to play 26 rounds not 4-6...Moltz has played every game this year...he had a full offseason too.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 2:03 pm

alexaki wrote:
Goose wrote:IMO it is no coincidence that since he has been able to play in the same spot for a few weeks he has got better each game.
Goose good point...but they must realise they get paid to play 26 rounds not 4-6...Moltz has played every game this year...he had a full offseason too.
I agree, that said they are young developing players, one coming back from injury, it is rare a that young players, particuarly those playing key spots have the consistency that you expect from more experienced players.

I have not been a big Lui fan, but seen potential, and have been frustrated with his performance at times this year, if he can keep stringing performances like he has over the last month together I'll be very happy.