Player and Team stats plus general wrap up

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3PM Sunday 21 August
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9 Delayed
willow

Player and Team stats plus general wrap up

Post by willow » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 6:20 pm

1. Moltzen - 173 metres in attack, 3 line breaks, 1 try assist, 1 offload, 8 tackle breaks, 5 tackles and 1 error.

The Good - Safe at the back in defusing kicks and really starting to get back into some good form in attack as he showed today with 3 line breaks and looking dangerous just about all game. Did remarkably well to defuse a 40/20 attempt in the second half. Hope he keeps this form up leading into the finals because it will really help add another dimension to the Tigers attack once Tuqiri and Lawrence are back in the side.

The Bad - Gave away a cheap penalty in the second half with a second attempt on Hayne.
art_tigers3-200x0.jpg
art_tigers3-200x0.jpg (26.33 KiB) Viewed 1430 times
2. Ryan - 105 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 2 offloads, 3 tackle breaks, 2 tackles, 2 errors.

The Good - Kept up his recent try scoring efforts and took a couple of good bombs in the second half. Made decent metres out of dummy half.

The Bad - Had a brain melt in the second half where he lost the ball 15 out from the Tigers which ended up gifting the Eels great field position in the lead up to their second try.
art_tigers1-420x0.jpg
art_tigers1-420x0.jpg (48.73 KiB) Viewed 1430 times
3. Ayshford - 148 metres in attack, 2 tries, 1 line break, 2 offloads, 9 tackle breaks, 8 tackles, 3 missed tackles.

The Good - Dangerous in attack with 2 good tries and Blake is doing very well in holding up the Tigers outside attack with Lawrence and Tuqiri on the sidelines at the moment.

The Bad - Nothing to write home about.

4. Brown - 78 metres in attack, 1 offload, 1 tackle break, 18 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 2 errors.

The Good - Solid in defence.

The Bad - Came up with a dropped bomb in the second half which gifted the Eels a try.

5. Utai - 106 metres in attack, 1 try, 2 offloads, 5 tackle breaks, 2 offloads, 6 tackles, 3 missed tackles.

The Good - Strong in attack and took multiple defenders to bring him down each time. Scored a nice try off a set play with Marshall and Moltzen.

The Bad - Defensive positioning at times is poor and he was alarmingly slow in reacting early in the game where the Eels almost scored a try.

6. Marshall - 114 metres in attack, 1 try, 5 goals, 1 try assist, 3 line break assists, 6 tackle breaks, 7 tackles, 4 missed tackles, 2 errors.

The Good - When he flicked the switch in attack he had the Eels at his mercy and scored a great try in the first half and played key roles in a couple of other Tigers tries today. Goalkicking was good with only one missed conversion from the sideline and he also became the Tigers highest ever point scorer.

The Bad - I would like to see him take the line on more, but I feel with the return of Lawrence and Tuqiri we will see Benji become more dangerous as his options will open up.
art_tigers2-420x0.jpg
art_tigers2-420x0.jpg (59.24 KiB) Viewed 1430 times
7. Lui - 58 metres in attack, 1 line break, 1 try assist, 2 offloads, 4 tackle breaks, 20 tackles, 1 error.

The Good - Dangerous early in the game and did extremely well in beating defenders to set up Ayshford's first try. His defence has improved in leaps and bounds over the last 2 weeks too.

The Bad - Nothing really to report.

8. Gibbs - 113 metres in attack, 3 tackle breaks, 20 tackles.

The Good - Went forward well and defended very well as usual.

The Bad - Nothing to report.

9. Farah - 90 metres in attack, 1 offload, 1 line break assist, 4 tackle breaks, 38 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 1 error.

The Good - Gave good service out of dummyhalf today and defended well. Kicking game was ok and he landed the killer blow with a field goal late in the game.

The Bad - Nothing really to report.

10. Galloway - 142 metres in attack, 1 line break, 1 offload, 4 tackle breaks, 30 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 1 error.

The Good - Strong metres up the middle once again and went close to scoring a try in the second half. Defended well.

11. Fulton - 146 metres in attack, 2 offloads, 2 tackle breaks, 42 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 1 error.

The Good - Strong game once again making good metres and defending tirelessly.

The Bad - Not today, all good once again for Fults.

18. Flanagan - 46 metres in attack, 29 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 1 error.

The Good - Defended well.

The Bad - Don't really notice him in attack and he lacks the ball playing ability of Fulton.

13. Heighington - 94 metres in attack, 1 line break assist, 2 tackle breaks, 29 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 2 errors.

The Good - Another workhorse effort with hard running and good defence.

The Bad - Came up with a couple of uncharacteristic errors.

14. McKinnon - 42 metres in attack.

The Good - No errors and enthusiastic when he came on.

The Bad - Not out there long enough.

15. Payten - 35 metres in attack, 18 tackles, 2 missed tackles.

The Good - Ran the ball today and defended well.

The Bad - Past his best unfortunately - but still fighting on.

16. Groat - 56 metres in attack, 3 tackle breaks, 11 tackles, 1 missed tackle.

The Good - Handling himself well out there and showing that the pace of the game is not beyond him.

17. Woods - 62 metres in attack, 18 tackles, 1 missed tackle.

The Good - Solid and dependable in attack and defence.

Team Stats:

Try assists - 3
Offloads - 14
Line breaks - 7
Line break assists - 5
Tackles - 301
1 on 1 tackles - 26
Missed tackles - 22
Tackle breaks - 54
Total metres - 1608
Errors - 14
Penalties - 7
Possession - 50%
Completion rate - 31/43 = 72%

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 6:29 pm

Great report, we just video replay now
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

slacko

Post by slacko » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 6:41 pm

bit harsh on moltzen, i thought his second attempt was him just trying to finish of the tackle when it looked as though hayne was going to run on. i thought it was fair enough.
eternal optimist.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 6:46 pm

Lui played well today

willow

Post by willow » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 6:46 pm

slacko wrote:bit harsh on moltzen, i thought his second attempt was him just trying to finish of the tackle when it looked as though hayne was going to run on. i thought it was fair enough.
That was the only blight, and I'm nitpicking on what was Moltzen's best game of the year. He definitely did not need to push Hayne back down - that was avoidable. Otherwise Moltzen was very slick today and is building form nicely.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 7:16 pm

Snake wrote:Lui played well today
Yes I Agree.
His stats dont tell you how good he went ,he always looked dangerous with the ball in hand .

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 7:30 pm

Yes Lui's upper body strength is a handful when he's on attack
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 8:07 pm

Thanks for the report Willow.

I was at the game and yet to watch a replay but my first impressions were that Gibbs had a terrific game. This guy has been great since signing with the Sharks and I really tip my lid to the attitude he has displayed.

I thought Heigno was quiet in the second half; dont know if he was carrying some injury. Strong first half though.

And only fair to acknowledge the form that Moltzen is running into. He has basically improved each week and is now getting back to the player he once was.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 8:10 pm

Rhino had his nose squashed all over his face around the mid ish first half from what i can remember .

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 8:11 pm

Thanks Willow again Great job

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 8:16 pm

Good report. Yet to watch the replay but I thought Lui had a good game also. The whole team is developing a strong sense of control over a game in recent weeks they seem to be able to pull a game back when the opposition start to make inroads. Today, the main way the eels got a sniff was when they got a run of penalties early in the second half (the influence of referees on a game is a worry) after that WTs dominated again.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 8:40 pm

Player and team stats are now updated.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks Willow. We didn't have a poor performance from anyone today. I agree that the referees playing 'catch-up refereeing' was what allowed Parra back into the match. Parra managed to score two tries without making one line break, by being marched downfield by the referees. Our defence was excellent today, and we have Ellis, Lote and Lawry to return in attack. We are building nicely.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

BeeJay

Post by BeeJay » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 7:36 am

Great report as always willow!
Cant disagree with much of what you wrote.
I think Lui, moltz and fulton had great games. Good to see galloway getting a little more involved in defence aswell

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 8:33 am

How many minutes to Flanagan play?

Just comparing his tackles to Heighington.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 6:05 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:How many minutes to Flanagan play?

Just comparing his tackles to Heighington.
Flanno played 51 minutes. Heighno played the full 80.