On Tim Sheens

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3PM Sunday 21 August
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9 Delayed
Tiger_heart

On Tim Sheens

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 6:48 pm

he knows what he is doing, I for one will be the first one to admit it, after many, many doubts earlier in the season...

PS - And let's not forget the graveyard that is the Parramatta coaching gig... ;)

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 6:50 pm

he's not perfect - but he does the job.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 7:33 pm

I dont always agree with sheensy decisions but 90% of the time over the long term he proves me wrong . I look at other clubs selecting wrong type of players and struggling with squads constantly but over a long term he has been great at controlling and managing our group , it takes years to make a side competitive and with salary cap biting we will have a few rough patches but think he not only is a good judge of footballer but he picks the right ATTITUDE players. There is so many players i would of turfed out but watching them lately i can see wat he sees in those players and i guess he is with the players all the time and that is the best way to judge them not just wat u see on tele .

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 7:37 pm

Best thing to do is be a supporter not try and be a coach.He definantly knows what hes doing.

macman

Post by macman » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 8:03 pm

Great thing about Sheens is that he leaves a lot up his sleeves and then uses them in the finals

Posted using RoarFEED

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 8:06 pm

There's an opeing here for BB I think :) That aside, they don't call Sheens 'shifty' for nothing macman.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 9:51 pm

He is rubbish.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 9:56 pm

Wrong bug.

He has made his fair share of puzzling decisions over the years, and alot of 9th to 11th place near misses . However our last 2 years, have by and large been great. Our recruitment and retention over the past 2 years has raised the ambition of the club, and Sheens has talked about a "win at all costs attitude" rather then the focus on the process BS. There are not many other coaches you would prefer at this time of year when the prizes are handed out. Were a much toougher and together footy side then we were a couple of years ago, and you don't have that unless you have a steady coach that the players respect. At this time of year he is a coach to be feared.

Long Distance Tiger

Post by Long Distance Tiger » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 10:26 pm

Couldn't agree more Eddie

Posted using RoarFEED

JRD

Post by JRD » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 11:10 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:He is rubbish.
Go support souths you clown,bet you cant wait until we lose our next game to put the boot in,you must hate it when we win,six in a row isnt it :roll

izotope

Post by izotope » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 12:38 am

Have to agree with Eddie. I've dis liked sheens for a long time and he does some questionable things.

However it's pretty easy to coach from the loungechair or stands.

I'm glad he is our coach at this time of year and there is only a few you would put ahead of him.

Good on you sheensy!!

Posted using RoarFEED
tigers!

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 2:53 am

Tiger_heart wrote:he knows what he is doing, I for one will be the first one to admit it, after many, many doubts earlier in the season...

PS - And let's not forget the graveyard that is the Parramatta coaching gig... ;)
does he? just cause he knows how to beat crap or out of form teams?
the dragons win was nothing special lets see how the team goes against a inform team like storm,souths,nz or Brisbane

Chris

Post by Chris » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 4:29 am

X-Pac wrote:
Tiger_heart wrote:he knows what he is doing, I for one will be the first one to admit it, after many, many doubts earlier in the season...

does he? just cause he knows how to beat crap or out of form teams?
the dragons win was nothing special lets see how the team goes against a inform team like storm,souths,nz or Brisbane
Let me guess, Manly was out of form too?

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 6:12 am

JRD wrote:
Go support souths you clown,bet you cant wait until we lose our next game to put the boot in,you must hate it when we win,six in a row isnt it :roll
How many Semi's has he made in the last 15 years ??

Now where is my red nose and my unicycle ??

Oh look, the Fonz has borrowed them !!

Gloooory Glory !!
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Duffy_P

Post by Duffy_P » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 8:16 am

Balmain Bug wrote:
JRD wrote:

Gloooory Glory !!
It's funny how people forget that stat. 2 finals in 10 years is hardly noteworthy.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 8:28 am

Never a great Sheens fan but I do concede he has the ship steered in the right direction. His bench selections still puzzle me. Considering the turmoil the club was in two months ago he has done well. Mind you when you have a once in a generation player like Benji in your outfit it sure makes the job easier

Duffy_P

Post by Duffy_P » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 8:29 am

supercoach wrote:Never a great Sheens fan but I do concede he has the ship steered in the right direction. His bench selections still puzzle me. Considering the turmoil the club was in two months ago he has done well. Mind you when you have a once in a generation player like Benji in your outfit it sure makes the job easier
Ain't that the truth.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 8:30 am

Balmain Bug wrote:
JRD wrote:

Gloooory Glory !!
Bug we have made the semis
Remember your signature if we make the semis you wouldn't pick on Sheens for the rest of the year
We need a retraction Bug