On Tim Sheens

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3PM Sunday 21 August
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9 Delayed
User avatar
tiger4ever
Member
Member
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu 30 Jul, 2009 1:07 pm
Location: BLACKTOWN

Re: On Tim Sheens

Post by tiger4ever » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 10:18 pm

innsaneink wrote:If we lost Sheens, the majority of the team would remain the same

Smith took them to a GF last year, Kearney has just began his NRL career but has a good rep record. They all have their ups & downs.

Try and discuss things like an adult for once without petty name calling
Lol you should talk.You cant discuss anything with you....your always right aren't you.

In your opinion the team would remain the same.

Ask smith if he would swap his 3 or 4 grand finals losses for 1 win....i know what he would say.

Kearneys first year as a nrl coach they running last.Lol yep real good.Gee i could imagine if we run last

Im not bothered about kearney or smith really....once again i was just reminding BUG about what he said.. not insane
Last edited by tiger4ever on Tue 23 Aug, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 2:35 am

tiger4ever wrote:Great coach ...great club....

Bug 2 of the people you mentioned a year or so ago to replace sheens was kearney and brian smith....haha

Yep you sure know your stuff
Did I say that ??? I remember saying Smith had a greater coaching record, but that wouldn't be hard, as the Fonz has the poorest win/loss ratio of any long term coach in the history of the game.

And that my friend, is a fact that no one can dispute.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

dimitri
Member
Member
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:47 am

Post by dimitri » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 9:51 am

Sheens also has the 2nd best record for premierships behind Bennett who had a Qld Origin team for most of the victories.

That is also a fact no-one can dispute.

User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 12:08 pm

dimitri wrote:Sheens also has the 2nd best record for premierships behind Bennett who had a Qld Origin team for most of the victories.

That is also a fact no-one can dispute.
Sheens also had an Origin team for a couple of those Premierships,

Another fact !!
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

User avatar
bigsiro
Member
Member
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue 11 Jan, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by bigsiro » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 12:21 pm

The team he has had over the last years has been average at best on paper - no halfback for the last 5 years!

I am a massive Sheens fan and back-up the other comments on here that he has made this team what it is - exciting, often excruciating, but easily the best team to watch in the comp for the best part of the last 10 years.

Sheens gives us status. Without him we are just another club.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again


adamtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon 26 Oct, 2009 2:03 pm
Location: Ryde

Post by adamtiger » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 1:03 pm

3 semis apparences in 15 years = 33.3333%= Rubbish

Since 05... 3 semis in 6 years = 50% head/tails call... even bet sounds good
Since 05... one grand final out of two semis = 50%... Brian smith would be more then happy to take 50% of his grand final apparences, sounds good..

in the last 2 seasons... made the semis twice in two years =100%

Conclusion.... Sheens is like wine just getting better with age. If it aint brocken dont fix it

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2259
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 1:47 pm

Give me Shifty anytime, Ican still remember Junior coaching us , we couldnt miss the semis but we did . Lamb coaches us & more trouble' with players & attitude & we were going down hill fast, @ least with Sheens we are a very well run club & we have won a comp which is a lot more then a lot of other clubs, I am sure there are other coaches out there who would like to win a comp. Sheens will do me as a coach thanks.

User avatar
rossop
Member
Member
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon 11 Jul, 2011 12:43 pm
Location: South Coast NSW

Post by rossop » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 2:09 pm

I remember when the coaching position came up and it was given to Sheens. I was so glad Langmack didn't get it. Given me Sheens any time. As others have said, "Its easy to coach from the armchair."


[Edited - 117 - No personal Attacks]

User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 3:18 pm

One reason I dont like him because he is directly responsible in trying to kill 103 years of Rugby League history in the Western Suburbs Magpies.

His actions, abeited by the FIB are bringing the Magpies down to its knees. They are a disgrace.

I love WT. Just hate those two.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

User avatar
Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1038
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by Defiant » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 4:26 pm

Ask yourself how much success he would have had without Benji Marshall. I'd say none at the Tigers.

User avatar
tiger4ever
Member
Member
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu 30 Jul, 2009 1:07 pm
Location: BLACKTOWN

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 5:23 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:
dimitri wrote:Sheens also has the 2nd best record for premierships behind Bennett who had a Qld Origin team for most of the victories.

That is also a fact no-one can dispute.
Sheens also had an Origin team for a couple of those Premierships,

Another fact !!
Yeah and gibson had half a team of kangaroos and bennett 80% of qld origin team so by your logic bennetts got nothing as well as gibson.....yOU SAY THAT MUCH BS you dont even remember what you say half the time.

I and many other people appreciate what sheens has done for this club and we our now a force in this comp not the easy beats or the joke of the league.Sheens may be fooling me for instance but not the greats or current players of the game.they all rate him one of the best.Those people know more about league then you ever would even in your dreams.

Smith would love to have achieved half of what sheens has.

You say that much bad things about sheens and humphreys id love you to grow a set and say it to them instead of been cowardly hiding behind a pc i would even hold your hand for you.

What a wonderful 103 years it was

dimitri
Member
Member
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:47 am

Post by dimitri » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 5:24 pm

Bug,

Clyde, Stuart, Mullins, Daley, Walters, Lazarus, Ryan and the list goes on. These players weren't Origin players when Sheens took control. He was responsible for their development into Origin players. That's not saying Bennett didn't have like success in development of his QLD players.

The difference between Sheens and Bennett though is who had access to a greater player pool for selection? Its either the capital territory of Australia or Queensland.

Face it Bug, Sheens is good at what he does - Coaching. We are lucky to have him.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 5:27 pm

:lol: Bringing the Magpies to their knees.

Maybe if someone who was capable of running more than a sausage sizzle was involved with WSDJRL they would not be financially barren and ostracised even from the Group 6 factions for their utter incompetance.

They seem to be the only remaining district who believes that their positions are of any real importance in the great scheme of things. This isn't the 1980's anymore. NRL clubs, school scholarships, talent scouts. These are all higher stake holders.

Junior Rugby League districts are funded by the NRL and the specific clubs in their area. Not the other way around. This idea of "we hold the juniors" is rubbish. The juniors will go where the dollars and opportunities are moving forward, they will not go straight from Junior reps to their local team
Image

User avatar
tiger4ever
Member
Member
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu 30 Jul, 2009 1:07 pm
Location: BLACKTOWN

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 5:29 pm

Defiant wrote:Ask yourself how much success he would have had without Benji Marshall. I'd say none at the Tigers.



dimitri i agree mate and please tell me the broncos were not over the cap from 90-99 atleast.

Lol smeg....but bug refuses to recognise this.

User avatar
the_scene
Member
Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun 28 Feb, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by the_scene » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 7:28 pm

Benji would be half the player he is today without Sheen's guidance...and by guidance i dont just mean footy coaching

User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 7:53 pm

All hail the FONZ !!

The poorest coaching record of any long term coach in the history if the game !!!!


Yippeeeeeeee !!!!!!!
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32196
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 7:57 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:All hail the FONZ !!

The poorest coaching record of any long term coach in the history if the game !!!!


Yippeeeeeeee !!!!!!!
Take a couple of panadol and have a lie down Bug, if not for us, then please do it for yourself.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 38990
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 8:10 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:All hail the FONZ !!

The poorest coaching record of any long term coach in the history if the game !!!!


Yippeeeeeeee !!!!!!!
Bug I wonder how many coaches could of dug the this club out of the hole we were in 6 weeks ago
With injuries ,player unrest ,the Benji situation hanging over us etc etc etc he has almost produced a minor miracle to give us a legitimate shot at the top 4
And all you are worried about the past
Mate you have good football sense but the Sheens thing is getting old and a bit tedious
Read your signature Bug You said you would lay off Sheens if he got us to the semis .
He has done that and more mate
Does your word mean nothing ??

Post Reply