On Tim Sheens

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3PM Sunday 21 August
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9 Delayed
User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22417
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: On Tim Sheens

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 8:44 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:All hail the FONZ !!

The poorest coaching record of any long term coach in the history if the game !!!!


Yippeeeeeeee !!!!!!!
Bug I wonder how many coaches could of dug the this club out of the hole we were in 6 weeks ago
With injuries ,player unrest ,the Benji situation hanging over us etc etc etc he has almost produced a minor miracle to give us a legitimate shot at the top 4
And all you are worried about the past
Mate you have good football sense but the Sheens thing is getting old and a bit tedious
Read your signature Bug You said you would lay off Sheens if he got us to the semis .
He has done that and more mate
Does your word mean nothing ??
given the way the Storm have come back this yr, i'd say Bellamy could have done it on his ear. Thats at least 1 coach


User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 8:57 pm

Ok, ok no more Fonz bashing for this year.


Mind you, he was the person responsible for the infighting in the first place !!!
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Muffstar
Member
Member
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Port Macquarie

Post by Muffstar » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 8:59 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:Ok, ok no more Fonz bashing for this year.


Mind you, he was the person responsible for the infighting in the first place !!!
Onya Bug - the final words :)

Tigertime
Member
Member
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed 28 Oct, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Tigertime » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 9:00 pm

adamtiger wrote:3 semis apparences in 15 years = 33.3333%= Rubbish

Since 05... 3 semis in 6 years = 50% head/tails call... even bet sounds good
Since 05... one grand final out of two semis = 50%... Brian smith would be more then happy to take 50% of his grand final apparences, sounds good..

in the last 2 seasons... made the semis twice in two years =100%

Conclusion.... Sheens is like wine just getting better with age. If it aint brocken dont fix it
15 years 3 semis equals 20%

User avatar
tigersrule4life
Member
Member
Posts: 2565
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 9:00 am

Post by tigersrule4life » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 9:02 pm

No matter what tim sheens is my fav coach he is smart and gud i dont think will miss the 8 for years now he was building a gr8 team for the future and wont ever want him to leave his gr8 coach :D:D


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22417
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 9:13 pm

tigersrule4life wrote:No matter what tim sheens is my fav coach he is smart and gud i dont think will miss the 8 for years now he was building a gr8 team for the future and wont ever want him to leave his gr8 coach :D:D
seriously, do you have puncuation keys on you keyboard?

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40772
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 10:34 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:All hail the FONZ !!

The poorest coaching record of any long term coach in the history if the game !!!!


Yippeeeeeeee !!!!!!!
Bug I wonder how many coaches could of dug the this club out of the hole we were in 6 weeks ago
With injuries ,player unrest ,the Benji situation hanging over us etc etc etc he has almost produced a minor miracle to give us a legitimate shot at the top 4
And all you are worried about the past
Mate you have good football sense but the Sheens thing is getting old and a bit tedious
Read your signature Bug You said you would lay off Sheens if he got us to the semis .
He has done that and more mate
Does your word mean nothing ??
given the way the Storm have come back this yr, i'd say Bellamy could have done it on his ear. Thats at least 1 coach
GNR I reckon Bellamy had a pretty easy job
Still had his champion 1,6,7 and 9
He had enough ammunition after last season to fuel the players and their resolve for a few seasons
If you couldn't get that team playing well I would of thought he was not a good coach

I'm not saying Bellamy isn't a good coach but reckon Sheens would of got the same results

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Post by Goose » Wed 24 Aug, 2011 1:34 pm

In 2003 the place was a mess, Sheens along with others has turned it around, we now have an excellen development pathway which has seen a pretty steady flow of good juniors flow through our systems, we have won a premiership, even in the years between 05 and last year, we had a competitive team that was great to watch, the opposite of the team (and west and balmain) for the decade preceding it.
Sheens has done a great job.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22417
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 24 Aug, 2011 1:55 pm

although the place was a mess during the Lamb era, I couldn't understand people saying when Sheens was considering going to the Panthers next yr, that if he left the place would go back to to the way it was before he got here. That was just plain stupid

User avatar
Florrie
Member
Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 1:08 am
Location: Kalgoorlie, Western Australia

Post by Florrie » Wed 24 Aug, 2011 5:02 pm

Tigertime wrote:
adamtiger wrote:3 semis apparences in 15 years = 33.3333%= Rubbish

Since 05... 3 semis in 6 years = 50% head/tails call... even bet sounds good
Since 05... one grand final out of two semis = 50%... Brian smith would be more then happy to take 50% of his grand final apparences, sounds good..

in the last 2 seasons... made the semis twice in two years =100%

Conclusion.... Sheens is like wine just getting better with age. If it aint brocken dont fix it
15 years 3 semis equals 20%
Just curious but why is it 15 years? Sheens has been coaching since the mid eighties, hasn't he? That's 25 years, not 15. :?:

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17939
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 24 Aug, 2011 5:46 pm

Florrie wrote:
Tigertime wrote:
adamtiger wrote:3 semis apparences in 15 years = 33.3333%= Rubbish

Since 05... 3 semis in 6 years = 50% head/tails call... even bet sounds good
Since 05... one grand final out of two semis = 50%... Brian smith would be more then happy to take 50% of his grand final apparences, sounds good..

in the last 2 seasons... made the semis twice in two years =100%

Conclusion.... Sheens is like wine just getting better with age. If it aint brocken dont fix it
15 years 3 semis equals 20%
Just curious but why is it 15 years? Sheens has been coaching since the mid eighties, hasn't he? That's 25 years, not 15. :?:
Because if you counted the years he has coached Penriff and Canberra, he made the semis regularly and won three premierships, and that would be an objective look at his coaching record. Objectivity has no place here.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22417
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 24 Aug, 2011 5:53 pm

Florrie wrote:
Tigertime wrote:
adamtiger wrote:3 semis apparences in 15 years = 33.3333%= Rubbish

Since 05... 3 semis in 6 years = 50% head/tails call... even bet sounds good
Since 05... one grand final out of two semis = 50%... Brian smith would be more then happy to take 50% of his grand final apparences, sounds good..

in the last 2 seasons... made the semis twice in two years =100%

Conclusion.... Sheens is like wine just getting better with age. If it aint brocken dont fix it
15 years 3 semis equals 20%
Just curious but why is it 15 years? Sheens has been coaching since the mid eighties, hasn't he? That's 25 years, not 15. :?:
Beacause thats when he left the Origin team in Canberra and began his abysmal record in Nth Qld. Its since he left Canberra that his percentage has taken a nose dive

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Post by Goose » Wed 24 Aug, 2011 6:00 pm

Florrie wrote:
Tigertime wrote:
adamtiger wrote:3 semis apparences in 15 years = 33.3333%= Rubbish

Since 05... 3 semis in 6 years = 50% head/tails call... even bet sounds good
Since 05... one grand final out of two semis = 50%... Brian smith would be more then happy to take 50% of his grand final apparences, sounds good..

in the last 2 seasons... made the semis twice in two years =100%

Conclusion.... Sheens is like wine just getting better with age. If it aint brocken dont fix it
15 years 3 semis equals 20%
Just curious but why is it 15 years? Sheens has been coaching since the mid eighties, hasn't he? That's 25 years, not 15. :?:
Bug excludes the Canberra & Penrith era of his coaching..... but counts the Nth Queensland.....not sure why

To be accurate Tim Sheens overall record is 639 games (the most ever) 324 wins 11 draws and 304 losses 51% win rate (no where near the worst ever in the NRL as Bug claims)

His record with us is about 50%, again no where near the worst in the NRL

51% is not earth shattering, but given that he built Penrith from scratch to their first semi, a great effort. He took over us at our lowest ebb and turned our club around, a great effort.
He had a great canberra side, but did make the most of them winning 3 comps, also developed the talent and help them to become great players.
He failed at Nth Qld, as did a number of coaches either side of him, it was the hardest gig in town for a long time.

I dont think Sheens is the messiah, but Im super happy to have him as our coach, he has turned us into a great club.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29253
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 24 Aug, 2011 6:03 pm

Count Canberra, they were cheating the cap at the time

User avatar
tiger4ever
Member
Member
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu 30 Jul, 2009 1:07 pm
Location: BLACKTOWN

Post by tiger4ever » Wed 24 Aug, 2011 6:32 pm

Yes they were the only ones that got caught more like it.tell me that Easts and broncos and wernt over the cap with a origin team......haha

If sheens didn't coach a few train wrecks he would have close to Bennett win percentage.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29253
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 24 Aug, 2011 6:58 pm

Train wrecks like the current Parra & Roosters teams?

User avatar
tiger4ever
Member
Member
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu 30 Jul, 2009 1:07 pm
Location: BLACKTOWN

Post by tiger4ever » Wed 24 Aug, 2011 7:03 pm

lol no parra and roosters are now ....they wernt and just so you know sheens has never coached those 2 clubs.See you learn something every day

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 24 Aug, 2011 7:11 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Beacause thats when he left the Origin team in Canberra and began his abysmal record in Nth Qld. Its since he left Canberra that his percentage has taken a nose dive
I reckon it would be a tougher gig coaching a Rep Team at Club Level than a bunch of good blokes who want to turn up week after week for each other...

Many on here wouldnt look out of place on the front bench of the Labour Party... They have been creating reports to suit there arguments for the past 4 years!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Post Reply