Utais howlers will they cost us?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3PM Sunday 21 August
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9 Delayed
GlennC

Utais howlers will they cost us?

Post by GlennC » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 6:54 pm

I realize we keep winning and he has his moments. I actually like him. I love how he came back from oblivion in many respects and is a solid defender and tough to tackle.

But yet again, as seen in recent weeks he has made some terrible decisions. He almost allowed parra an early try but what was worse to me was when he hogged it and didn't score. Honestly we had the eels on the rack and should of been 20 nil with a kick to come, had he passed to an unmarked man outside. Instead, well we all saw what happened, the eels gave us a genuine scare.

As I say I don't wanna put him down cos he does some good things too but he worries me at times. Surely Brown has to be ahead of him when the injured guys come back.

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 7:04 pm

He should be our 14 with lote and Lawry coming back he would make a perfect utility. His hit ups are priceless

Footy Head Goodness

Post by Footy Head Goodness » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 7:06 pm

he can only cost us if playing in the first 13. Thats a sheens decision. when our backs are back he moves to 14 or reserve grade.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 7:24 pm

Cost as a certain try and almost gifted Para a try... with that said... the roll on he gets early on in the set is invaluable... hopefully he stops the silly mistakes which have plagued him the last 3 weeks because it just seems as though it'll be a matter of time before it costs us, dearly.
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 7:31 pm

No doubt he has been an above average signing. He has exceeded most of our expectations. But it does seem like his time has come.

Its almost like a young outside back who comes in, does great, but eventually the rigours of performing week in week out find them out in the end. Same happens with an old dog looking for another chance. Like others, im happy for him to be the back on the bench. And lets face it, if we are behing by 16 in a semi final, he'd be a handy backrower to bring on in the hope of sparking something.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 7:33 pm

He is a coach killer lol.Appalling 1 minute , brilliant the next.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 7:35 pm

Both wingers make mistakes....but they offer enough to keep them in the side

tigerdan

Post by tigerdan » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 7:37 pm

lote to take his place next week. Woul dkeep him in the 17 in place of mac. When lawrence back, brown 14, no room for utai.
I don't support rugby league, i support the Tigers.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 7:38 pm

When Lote returns ,Utai has to be on the bench.his runs from dummy half are like another big forward hitting it up.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 7:41 pm

Considering he came out of park football he has been great this year, but really we have better options when all troops are fit. He may offer some real value off the bench, but not as a winger, the good teams will target him big time

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 8:14 pm

McKinnon is a waste on the bench... IMO Utai offers more then him and brown as a bench utility. Going into the finals Utai should be the 14 as he offers the most value as a back and as a forward

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 8:18 pm

He will get the chop once Lote returns I feel, I for one am glad because he does have some howlers in him. But he has been great for us this year, he is so damaging with the ball. We can't be too critical of the guy, he had been out of the top grade for quite a while before he came to us, and he has exceeded all expectations.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 8:26 pm

He creates second phase play with his offloads At least 2 I saw today I think he will be useful off the bench in some form

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 8:42 pm

Yes he did bomb a try for the side when he elected to go on his own but over all his error rate was way down on normal, remember it was only a few weeks ago that everyone wanted Beau's head on a plate for his percieved error rate but look how thing's have turned around for him.
Matt is under pressure with the imminent return of Lote and at this stage of proceedings it would be a brave or wise move to have Utai on the bench instead of McKinnon.
Despite all this I hope that the Tigers retain Matt for 2012 as his enthusiasm and experience would prove a boon for the Magpies or BRET and he would always be there on standby for the NRL in case of.........

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 8:58 pm

On the plus side, he helped set up Benji's try with his 'tunnel ball' play. He is hard to tackle and he gets involved in the game.
I'm undecided as to what should happen with him when Loti returns. I leave that decision to the coach. Good to have options and tough choices though

shano

Post by shano » Sun 21 Aug, 2011 9:35 pm

I agree with most of the comments that Utai makes some poor decisions occasionally and it feels like a fatal error is around the corner, but I have to say that his bull dozing runs are absolutely awesome. He hits the line with such venom that opposing teams need 3-4 players to stop him every time. Those runs really give our forwards a break, not to mention the go-forward momentum he gives our play makers to take advantage of the holes in the defence. I've always liked wingers that can do this e.g. Newcastle's Uate

I wouldn't mind Utai on the interchange bench when Lote returns. He's a much better option than Mackinnon who make very little impact and usually only comes onto the field late in the second half. He is quite a waste of an interchange IMO and is also prone to making mistakes.

izotope

Post by izotope » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 12:44 am

He has problems getting the ball off the ground.

Maybe he's stomach too muscly can't bend or something.

All he should be working on is passing and picking up the ball for the next few
Weeks

Posted using RoarFEED
tigers!

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 5:59 am

tigerdan wrote:lote to take his place next week. Woul dkeep him in the 17 in place of mac. When lawrence back, brown 14, no room for utai.
Yeah, I agree with this.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...