Bryce Gibbs is OUT this week - Cut on knee

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7PM, Monday 29 August
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2 LIVE
T-REXX

Re: Bryce Gibbs is OUT this week - Cut on knee

Post by T-REXX » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 4:53 pm

If he broke his leg would he need to wait just before kick off to announce it Ink? Some injuries don't need to wait till later in the week. It's obviously bad enough to warrant making the call now.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 5:03 pm

Haha you are comparing a cut knee to a broken leg???

Bwahahaha

who did you ask if you dont mind my asking?

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 5:09 pm

These things can be a problem best to be careful an infection could do his season in ,rest him up for a couple of weeks ..Groat is playing well also BMM played the whole game yesterday and wasn't bad .

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 5:22 pm

king sirro wrote:
joebob wrote:Haha, as if he is going to miss the game with a cut knee. Its a gee up.

Im sure Bryce has missed a few games before with a cut knee. I could be wrong but it rings a bell.
Yeah it does with me too...possibly scar tissue.

If it was on a sprinkler I wonder if theyd seek compo from the SFS/SCG?

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 5:35 pm

stick a bandage on it and take a few pills and play bryce real men do miss games due to a cut knee, buy the way he has 8 days stiches come out in seven days. :crazy :roll

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 5:36 pm

thats dont miss by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 5:38 pm

The problem is with the location of the cut. It would open up everytime he bent his knee. Im filthy about this, how does it happen twice to the one player? Very unlucky
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

willow

Post by willow » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 5:50 pm

king sirro wrote:
joebob wrote:Haha, as if he is going to miss the game with a cut knee. Its a gee up.

Im sure Bryce has missed a few games before with a cut knee. I could be wrong but it rings a bell.
He did, back in 2009 against the Roosters at the SFS if I'm not mistaken. And that cut eventually got infected which sidelined him for a longer period than expected.

10 stitches in the knee is not something the club will risk him over given how close they are to the finals - Gibbs could likely miss more matches if they risk him.

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 6:16 pm

First of all he's got a full 8 days to recover... you can't say from now that you're out. Second of all, even if this is true, I don't think he's going to be a massive loss because the Titans forward aren't anything special this year. Whoever takes his position will do an adequate job.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 6:28 pm

Luke wrote:First of all he's got a full 8 days to recover... you can't say from now that you're out. Second of all, even if this is true, I don't think he's going to be a massive loss because the Titans forward aren't anything special this year. Whoever takes his position will do an adequate job.
You can if the cut is bad enough. He would have received medical advice as soon as they cleaned the wound out and looked at the damage. There is a chance muscle and tendons were cut in the process and they need time to heal.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 7:20 pm

Massive Loss
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

dermo

Post by dermo » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 7:24 pm

Whats footy coming to if front rowers are missing games cause of a cut knee?

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 8:17 pm

Stick a bandaid on it, Bryce, we need you! Bandaids fix everything :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 8:21 pm

It will be disappointing if Bryce doesn't get to play his last game at Campbelltown for the Wests Tigers, would have been a special moment for the kid from Campbelltown (agree with Hybrid's comment). If his knee is that bad then it's not worth the risk, regardless I hope the club organises a farewell for him in front of the local crowd and all wests Tigers supporters of course. Go Gibbsey :supporter:

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 8:26 pm

Guys,

Its not just a bloody "cut" on the knee!

Its a Gash that needs stitches - y'know to CLOSE the hole?? Short of a skin graft using an oxy torch, It will keep reopening if pressure is applied.

Anywhere else on the body and he'd be playing. The fact that the skin on the front of the knee is constantly being stretched means it needs to be fully healed before he runs on.

Heck, i'm sitting on the lounge right now with a leg curled under me and can see the skin is tight on my knee, and can fully understand why he's not playing.

Team Tiger

Post by Team Tiger » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 8:38 pm

I agree Underdog... give him the skin graft with the oxy torch and get him out there!!! :) :)
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 10:03 am

innsaneink wrote:Haha you are comparing a cut knee to a broken leg???

Bwahahaha

who did you ask if you dont mind my asking?
i do actually.... what does it matter

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 10:05 am

come on mate

you knw there is alot of doctors on here.. they know more.. after all that is what a kellogs certificate it for

Troy
underdog wrote:Guys,

Its not just a bloody "cut" on the knee!

Its a Gash that needs stitches - y'know to CLOSE the hole?? Short of a skin graft using an oxy torch, It will keep reopening if pressure is applied.

Anywhere else on the body and he'd be playing. The fact that the skin on the front of the knee is constantly being stretched means it needs to be fully healed before he runs on.

Heck, i'm sitting on the lounge right now with a leg curled under me and can see the skin is tight on my knee, and can fully understand why he's not playing.