ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7PM, Monday 29 August
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2 LIVE
redemption

Disappointing aspects of Titans game

Post by redemption » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 8:34 pm

Hi everybody,

I am back for a brief cameo after damaging ligaments in my hand/wrist and having to limit my typing to work requirements.

I have however been monitoring the madness of the forum with a wry smile (special mention to Bug yet again ........ Enjoy the moment brother)!

In regards to this Titans match - the obvious disappointment is Bryce reportedly being unable to take the stage for his Leumeah swansong.

However personally I am most disappointed at the lost opportunity to rub our success and the Titans wretched season into Princey's face!!!!!!

One of my favourite moments in recent years has been the game in 2009 when Gus cracked up over the vision of Robbie Farah giving Prince a cheeky facial after a tackle only to remove his hand and have it replaced with Rowdy's!

Now I am not a fan of the facial - but having received many from mates in the opposition in years gone by - there is something that makes them more acceptable when they occur between mates or ex-teammates. And the fact that such niggling was especially out of character for Rowdy left me with the gut feeling that in Chris we have another Tiger for life (which has been justified through his current long-term extension)!!

I will miss that niggle on Monday night - but we can alternatively target Boof and try to hurt him enough to miss his final Titans game which would leave his NRL record as 102 games for the Tigers and 101 for Searle's soldiers.

Apologies for the hit-and-run post - but my hand is buggered and as stated work takes precedent over commenting on my greatest passion! As such I will not be able to reply for a couple of weeks.

I will leave you with one thing - those who were questioning Ayshford's talent and impact during the pre-season can surely now see why many of us saw him as a genuine future star at centre!

Cheers!!! - And GO TIGES!!!!!!!!!!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 8:39 pm

redemption wrote:Hi everybody,

I am back for a brief cameo after damaging ligaments in my hand/wrist and having to limit my typing to work requirements.

I have however been monitoring the madness of the forum with a wry smile (special mention to Bug yet again ........ Enjoy the moment brother)!

In regards to this Titans match - the obvious disappointment is Bryce reportedly being unable to take the stage for his Leumeah swansong.

However personally I am most disappointed at the lost opportunity to rub our success and the Titans wretched season into Princey's face!!!!!!

One of my favourite moments in recent years has been the game in 2009 when Gus cracked up over the vision of Robbie Farah giving Prince a cheeky facial after a tackle only to remove his hand and have it replaced with Rowdy's!

Now I am not a fan of the facial - but having received many from mates in the opposition in years gone by - there is something that makes them more acceptable when they occur between mates or ex-teammates. And the fact that such niggling was especially out of character for Rowdy left me with the gut feeling that in Chris we have another Tiger for life!!

I will miss that niggle on Monday night - but we can alternatively target Boof and try to hurt him enough to miss his final Titans game which would leave his NRL record as 102 games for the Tigers and 101 for Searle's soldiers.

Apologies for the hit-and-run post - but my hand is buggered and as stated work takes precedent over commenting on my greatest passion!

I will leave you with one thing - those who were questioning Ayshford's talent and impact during the pre-season can surely now see why many of us saw him as a genuine future star at centre!

Cheers!!! - And GO TIGES!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers Red Long time no chat Hope your getting better

Almost asked when I made a comment about redemption the other day what had happened to Redemption Get well soon brother
Cheers Happy

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 9:24 pm

That is a long post for a damaged typist!

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 10:12 pm

Long but good.

Thanks for reminding me about that Farah/Lawrence facial on Prince. I remember it now and it was truly hilarious. And spot on about Ayshford.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 26 Aug, 2011 10:16 am

It's an unwritten law that players who leave a club and return to play them have to get a facial or two during the game!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 26 Aug, 2011 10:50 am

Wondered where you had gotten to Red, good to see you're still skulking about.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Fri 26 Aug, 2011 5:53 pm

redemption wrote: One of my favourite moments in recent years has been the game in 2009 when Gus cracked up over the vision of Robbie Farah giving Prince a cheeky facial after a tackle only to remove his hand and have it replaced with Rowdy's!

Now I am not a fan of the facial - but having received many from mates in the opposition in years gone by - there is something that makes them more acceptable when they occur between mates or ex-teammates. And the fact that such niggling was especially out of character for Rowdy left me with the gut feeling that in Chris we have another Tiger for life (which has been justified through his current long-term extension)!!
I remember this well, didn't know whether to be :shock: or :o or just :lol: , when "good boys" turn bad!! :lol:

Hope you return from injury soon, your words of wisdom have been missed. GO TIGERS!

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 27 Aug, 2011 2:55 pm

Aaahhh Red hurry up and come back to the forum...your a good sparring partner.

Totally agree about this game. Would have loved seeing Prince upset but what can you do? Boof deserves just as much treatment...wobbly legs after a Ellis bell ringer will do me fine for him.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 27 Aug, 2011 4:11 pm

The most disappointing aspect of this game is that its been shafted to the Mon night slot....should be on tonite or 2pm tomorrow.

balmainbenny

Post by balmainbenny » Sat 27 Aug, 2011 5:11 pm

Great to see you back on deck Red, Looking forward to reading your posts again, Cant go past the old facial treatment lol.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 28 Aug, 2011 5:21 pm

I wonder how Red hurt his wrist :oops:
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 28 Aug, 2011 5:23 pm

king sirro wrote:I wonder how Red hurt his wrist :oops:
I think we all know the answer to that 8-)