Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2 LIVE
willow

ROBBIE FARAH COMFORTABLE WITH THE PRESSURE TO PERFORM

Post by willow » Fri 26 Aug, 2011 9:10 pm

ROBBIE FARAH COMFORTABLE WITH THE PRESSURE TO PERFORM
By Wayne Cousins
26/08/2011 6:33:27 PM

Wests Tigers Captain Robbie Farah says his team will continue to handle the pressures of living up to expectations as the side prepares for the Telstra Premiership finals.

After going within one win of making the Grand Final last year, many tipped Wests Tigers to be one of the real premiership heavyweights.

Six straight wins and with internationals Gareth Ellis and Lote Tuqiri returning from injury, those expectations are gaining more and more momentum with two rounds remaining.

“The pressure is always on the Wests Tigers. It has been all year,’’ Farah said.

“From the start of the year, there was expectation on our side from the media, from the public and from within the team as well.

“The pressure is always there. We have handled it in the past and we will continue to handle it.

“We are just trying to slowly build and want to finish as high as we can and give ourselves every chance possible of doing well in the semi-finals.”

Farah said the return of Ellis for the clash against the Gold Coast Titans at Campbelltown Sports Stadium on Monday night is a massive boost.

Ellis has won the Wests Tigers Player of the Year award for the past two seasons.

“Gareth is always a great addition to our side. He brings a confidence to the guys around him when he is playing,’’ Farah added.

Match Day Schedule
Gates open 4.15pm
U20s Kick-off 4.45pm
NRL Kick-off 7pm

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 27 Aug, 2011 7:22 am

I know the media likes to hear from players.

I must be too much " Old school", where on field performances do all the best talking.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 27 Aug, 2011 8:35 am

Yes me too.
What more can be said that hasnt already been said.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 27 Aug, 2011 6:47 pm

In his defense Robbie will be peaking come finals time...He will lead us well I suspect.