Young forwards

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7PM, Monday 29 August
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2 LIVE
softlaw

Young forwards

Post by softlaw » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 9:05 pm

As a team we weren;t great but Woods, Groat and BMM really stood up.

Looks like Sheens really challenged them. He gave Ellis and Galloway long rests and put a lot on the young shoulders of those 3.

Woods and Groat did a lot of tough work and BMM, while he tired a bit gave some great impact off the bench.

Those 3 will be really important in the finals (BMM will probably get a game or two due to injury) and next year after an off season they'll be huge.

Very exciting.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 9:07 pm

softlaw wrote:As a team we weren;t great but Woods, Groat and BMM really stood up.

Looks like Sheens really challenged them. He gave Ellis and Galloway long rests and put a lot on the young shoulders of those 3.

Woods and Groat did a lot of tough work and BMM, while he tired a bit gave some great impact off the bench.

Those 3 will be really important in the finals (BMM will probably get a game or two due to injury) and next year after an off season they'll be huge.

Very exciting.
agree..BMM looked good before he ran out of puff
Number 1 souffs hater

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 9:08 pm

They were all very stong...especially Woodsey.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 9:11 pm

Yeah, well done to the young guns! The experience will put them in good stead for the finals series. BMM coming into form again, just in time too, much like last year :D
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 9:13 pm

The young guns were great tonight
Titans forwards are still pretty strong pack 3 Origins players current and former
Well done MEN
Just what they needed two weeks before semis

benji_da_gun

Post by benji_da_gun » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 9:33 pm

Agreed. I thought Woods was super strong all night. Groat made some decent runs and tackles as well. BMM needs to work on his handling but had great impact when he hit it up.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:19 pm

I am very pleased with all their progress, but I have great confidence in predicting that BMM is the star of that trio.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:42 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:I am very pleased with all their progress, but I have great confidence in predicting that BMM is the star of that trio.
Agreed, he started pretty slow in FG, but you could see tonight that he was much fitter than previous games, and didn't it show. Apart from one dropped ball he was great, hits the line hard, runs good lines, hard to tackle.

I also thought Groat and Woods were massive tonight, great games by all the young boys. The last 10 minutes Groat really stood up and showed some aggression, it was great to see.

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:43 pm

Fifita who?

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:48 pm

Couldn't help but notice a Fifita in the background during the team song. Since Andrew has apparently been given his marching orders, was it David?

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 11:15 pm

It was Andrew and he looked happy for the boys

Posted using RoarFEED

shano

Post by shano » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 11:23 pm

BMM made some good runs and took the line on really well. He actually looked dangerous and you can see he clearly has potential. He can run very good lines at pace for a big guy and will be awesome once he improves his fitness. He was noticeably tired tonight and it showed when he was slow to get down the other end of the park during the kicks down field. I saw some of his games when he was with Keebra Park and he had a habit of going quiet for periods and then suddenly doing something special. He has a heap of talent and is apparently very highly rated for the future by Sheens and others, but he will definitely need to improve his fitness if he wants to play at the first grade level on a regular basis. I think Groat and Woods have shown they can do it and they will be even better next season when they further develop. It's all very promising.

bob56

Post by bob56 » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 11:39 pm

dave_farrell wrote:here here!!! i must say BMM is starting to look very fit he has lost a bit of fat off him and running great lines!!
Apart from dropping the ball...and not taking as many hit ups as he should.... he needs to improve his tackling...or attempts...made no attempt to tackle tiny preston 3 TIMES........he stood back and watched benji make the tackle :D .....POOR...

izotope

Post by izotope » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 12:00 am

Wowee what a game from those 3. Groat especially showed some good aggression

Posted using RoarFEED
tigers!

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 12:19 am

izotope wrote:Wowee what a game from those 3. Groat especially showed some good aggression

Posted using RoarFEED
He has good aggression in him. The Titans fired up for a 10 minute spell and he recieved some heavy attention. Instead of going into his shell as you would expect when a young bloke is copping it off seasoned professionals, he went the other way and started belting people.

Really like his style.

LukeH

Post by LukeH » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 7:34 am

I like watching the young guys have a good go at it. Personally, I prefer Groat over Woods as it seems he has more mongrel, but Woods might be our new "Young Gibbs" in that he has a fair few silly penalties in him.

But, having said that, the lads go well and the future is bright!!!

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 8:59 am

stryker wrote:
izotope wrote:Wowee what a game from those 3. Groat especially showed some good aggression

Posted using RoarFEED
He has good aggression in him. The Titans fired up for a 10 minute spell and he recieved some heavy attention. Instead of going into his shell as you would expect when a young bloke is copping it off seasoned professionals, he went the other way and started belting people.

Really like his style.

I picked up on that too and can see him developing into a matt scott style player within 3 or so years.

Woods was great today too, got through a lot of work and was class setting up that try