•  Recent Topics
ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7PM, Monday 29 August
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2 LIVE
Rambo2714

Re: Lote Tuqiri

Post by Rambo2714 » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 11:13 pm

That jersey must be cursed . Lote played like the bumbling matt utai we have seen in recent weeks .

Posted using RoarFEED
Wests for life !

shano

Post by shano » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 11:53 pm

To be fair Lote has only played a hand full of games this year so his skills would be rusty, lacking in match fitness and low in confidence. I would have imagined he was also probably tentative going into tackles either in attack or defence knowing that he keeps getting injured during his return games. He's an International with tremendous experience at the highest levels so he has what it takes and should only improve with each match he plays.

In saying all of that, to play devil's advocate and play the other side of the arguement for a moment, Utai and Ryan are playing extremely well (if you forgive the occasional error) and are both very dangerous with the ball in hand lately. They are both match fit, know the set plays well and are in good form. Utai in particular continues to smash opposing teams when he gets the ball. He's taking 3-4 players to stop him nearly every time and amazingly he still manages to get fast play the balls (perhaps due to his low centre of gravity :) which is helping our backs get valuable ball whilst the opposition is on the back foot. It could be argued that in the modern game wingers like Uate, Yow Yeh, Utai and Vatuvei are more valuable to the team for their extra workload than having a flashy winger who is not as effective in doing the hard yards up the middle but more known for just finishing off back line movements (if they happen).

Personally, I hope Lote can get his fitness and confidence back and then show us he can be the fine finisher that we all already know but also help make some more "effective hit ups" in the future to help the forwards which will be critical when we get to the finals as the pace of the game will go up yet another level and we will need those hard yards runs more than ever.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 2:49 pm

king sirro wrote:Im a little concerned to be honest. I have my heart in my mouth whenever Lote has the ball.

Hopefully he gets some rythm going next week.

I started a thread last week titled "Tuquiri This Week" In it I stated that I was worried about him coming back so soon before the semis as he will be too underdone. I understand he has played only a couple of games this year but I believe it's wrong to rush a player straight into a winning side because of a name, and let's face it his best years are behind him.

I also agree with King Sirro, he worries me. He always looks as if he is going to drop the ball. I hope he back to his best by the time we play our first semi.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 2:53 pm

shano wrote:To be fair Lote has only played a hand full of games this year so his skills would be rusty, lacking in match fitness and low in confidence. I would have imagined he was also probably tentative going into tackles either in attack or defence knowing that he keeps getting injured during his return games. He's an International with tremendous experience at the highest levels so he has what it takes and should only improve with each match he plays.

In saying all of that, to play devil's advocate and play the other side of the arguement for a moment, Utai and Ryan are playing extremely well (if you forgive the occasional error) and are both very dangerous with the ball in hand lately. They are both match fit, know the set plays well and are in good form. Utai in particular continues to smash opposing teams when he gets the ball. He's taking 3-4 players to stop him nearly every time and amazingly he still manages to get fast play the balls (perhaps due to his low centre of gravity :) which is helping our backs get valuable ball whilst the opposition is on the back foot. It could be argued that in the modern game wingers like Uate, Yow Yeh, Utai and Vatuvei are more valuable to the team for their extra workload than having a flashy winger who is not as effective in doing the hard yards up the middle but more known for just finishing off back line movements (if they happen).

Personally, I hope Lote can get his fitness and confidence back and then show us he can be the fine finisher that we all already know but also help make some more "effective hit ups" in the future to help the forwards which will be critical when we get to the finals as the pace of the game will go up yet another level and we will need those hard yards runs more than ever.

Great post Shano. I agree
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!