Mitch Brown

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7PM, Monday 29 August
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2 LIVE
VanillaThunder

Mitch Brown

Post by VanillaThunder » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 9:42 pm

Firstly, is there anything the bloke can't do?
Thought he was massive at the back end of the game when we seemed to be clutching at straws in attack to try and beef up the scoreline, straightened the line well and hit gaps. Don't see how he can still be behind Utai in the pecking order, thought Utai was pretty ineffective today, and looked like he was going at a snail's pace in that first try.

Would really like to the see the guy get a decent crack at it next year, even though we're getting Reddy and Grant. Either Sheens doesn't rate him like most of us on the forum do, or there's something about him that we just can't pick up through the tele, but I for one think he deserves it.
He's bigger than he probably thinks he is, and would love to see him getting the ball on an angle inside when we're going for a big sweep out to Lawrence/Lote.
I know it's all been said before, but I think late in the game today he showed a bit of his attacking potential, good signs for our premiership defence next year.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 9:44 pm

I'd like to see him get more of a go to, I hope they resign him, he's far too handy to let go.

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 9:45 pm

Totally agree!

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 9:46 pm

Last person id pick to kick for goal too but it was a beauty

Posted using RoarFEED

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 9:47 pm

agreed.He looked like scoring a few times at the end.And didnt he strike the ball well for the goal
Number 1 souffs hater

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:01 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:Firstly, is there anything the bloke can't do?
Thought he was massive at the back end of the game when we seemed to be clutching at straws in attack to try and beef up the scoreline, straightened the line well and hit gaps. Don't see how he can still be behind Utai in the pecking order, thought Utai was pretty ineffective today, and looked like he was going at a snail's pace in that first try.

Would really like to the see the guy get a decent crack at it next year, even though we're getting Reddy and Grant. Either Sheens doesn't rate him like most of us on the forum do, or there's something about him that we just can't pick up through the tele, but I for one think he deserves it.
He's bigger than he probably thinks he is, and would love to see him getting the ball on an angle inside when we're going for a big sweep out to Lawrence/Lote.
I know it's all been said before, but I think late in the game today he showed a bit of his attacking potential, good signs for our premiership defence next year.
The guy is bigger than Heighno.

Almost as big as tuqiri.

As Fast as Kevin Gordon.

Safe as Brett Hodgson

Strong as Matt Utai.

GIVE. HIM. THE. BALL. IN. SPACE!

And tonight, Mitch Brown showed ANOTHER SKILL - he can kick goals!!!

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:08 pm

Yep, I've said it here several times before that I'm stuffed if I know why he didn't get first crack at fullback this year after his efforts for us last year. I really believe he needs to be in a position, in the top grade, regularly, and he will develop into an even better player than he already is now. It's just a shame that the coach wouldn't give him the chance earlier on and, by all accounts, is still a little reluctant to give him a proper go - he will be the first dropped when Lawrence returns :(
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:11 pm

Agree with all posts but his versatility could come back to haunt him. He hasn't really been given time to shine in any one position for an extended period of time

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:11 pm

tigertye wrote:Last person id pick to kick for goal too but it was a beauty

Posted using RoarFEED

Mitch Brown kicked goals when he was at Cronulla....a very handy Goal Kicker he is!

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:19 pm

I hope he cements a position soon.

Definitely deserves a spot in the starting side.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

alex

Post by alex » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:27 pm

I think the reason Utai was picked at centre is because he runs a very similar line to Lawrence. There were several occasions where Benji floated across field and gave it to a straight charging Utai.

Anyway, back on to Mitch Brown. There's something very fishy here. As everyone else has said, what aren't we seeing?!?!?!
I would love to see him have a crack at fullback next year. I don't really know why we've signed Grant and Reddy when we've got guys like Brown, Simona, and even Tedesco who had a cracker of a game in the 20s tonight.

And gees he hit that kick sweetly. Brown to kick for the rest of the year please.

smudge

Post by smudge » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:36 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:I know it's all been said before, but I think late in the game today he showed a bit of his attacking potential, good signs for our premiership defence next year.
:D :D

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:40 pm

Very underrated player.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:41 pm

Maybe he is a poor trainer or something.

That right foot step of his is powerful it half gets him through the line nearly every time he throws it. Safe hands, big frame, good pace and good heart. I hope we dont lose him either.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:56 pm

His very much a confidence player. Hopefully we'll see him starting at fullback next season.

izotope

Post by izotope » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 12:12 am

Unfortunately he has been plagued with the utility tag.

A very good player but out of the 17 in the last few weeks I struggle to find someone to replace him.

Don't forget Utai has a flow on effect more then just his metres -> less tired forwards -> less missed tackles ->= more attacking opportunities for the tigers

Posted using RoarFEED
tigers!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 5:24 am

I still think Utai has a major blunder in him that will cost us big time in a big game, probably unfair but i lack confidence in him. Brown on the other hand you know what your going to get every time he runs out onto the field, okay he may spill the odd bomb, but who dosnt

Duffy_P

Post by Duffy_P » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 7:13 am

He is a cracking player. Highly rate him, and here's hoping that Moltzen doesn't cost us a Final with his gutless returns or attempts at catching the ball.