First 10 of second half

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7PM, Monday 29 August
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2 LIVE
citizen cub

First 10 of second half

Post by citizen cub » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 5:38 pm

A great win by the Tigers and I once again commend their performances over the past 2 months, we looked like a club in turmoil after our dismal showing against Parramatta back in July and the way they've turned things around since then is nothing short of astonishing.

Just the slightest of concern over the past 3 weeks have been our first 10 minutes in the second half where we've given teams just a sniff of victory. First it was Penrith, 16-0 lead gets back to 16-12. Although that was a game where we always looked in control, we shouldn't have even given them a sniff, but the way we finished them off was a very positive sign. Same with Parramatta, 16-0 lead, they get back to 16-12. Same sort of scenario, a game where we were really in control but just gave them the slightest glimmer of hope. Then again last night 22-0, gets back to 22-10.

We can't afford to do this against better teams. If your giving teams like Storm, Brisbane and Manly the amount of chances we gave the Titans last night, they will inevitably capitalise. Just something to be aware of entering the finals series and hopefully we can put this into practice next week against Cronulla if we do, once again get out to a big lead.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Thu 01 Sep, 2011 7:54 pm

I've been waiting for an 80 minute game by the Tigers all year, but it just ain't happening. Just do like i always do - cross your fingers and hope for the best!@