Kickoff: 7:30 PM
Venue: Toyota Park, Cronulla
Telecast: FOX Sports 2
AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Re: Warriors v Cowboys - what is the best outcome for the Ti

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 8:29 am

I am hoping warriors loose and dragons loose. We tie up 4th and the broncos and manly will face two tough games week 1 of the finals. If they both loose, its impossible to face the storm before the final.
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Golden

Post by Golden » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 9:15 am

This is why the Mcintyer system is a compelte joke there is NO difference I reapt NO Difference if we finish 4th or 5th. we will play the dragons at the SFS if we finish 4th or 5th which is ours and one of theis home games. there is also no difference between a win or a loss of this game!!

so what is the point of finishing 4th??? Top 4 is only usful if your an out of Sydney team its a JOKE JOKE JOKE

kill'em'all tigers

Post by kill'em'all tigers » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 10:29 am

Golden wrote:This is why the Mcintyer system is a compelte joke there is NO difference I reapt NO Difference if we finish 4th or 5th. we will play the dragons at the SFS if we finish 4th or 5th which is ours and one of theis home games. there is also no difference between a win or a loss of this game!!

so what is the point of finishing 4th??? Top 4 is only usful if your an out of Sydney team its a JOKE JOKE JOKE
come back and tell us there is no difference if we finish fifth and the dragons lose to penrith. i bet you'll be wishing we finished 4th then....... even though you say there is no differnce.

also both 6th and 7th teams this year will have huge chances of winning their first round games, so i don't think anyone will have the attitude that winning or losing the 4th vs 5th match doesn't matter.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 10:46 am

Golden wrote:This is why the Mcintyer system is a compelte joke there is NO difference I reapt NO Difference if we finish 4th or 5th. we will play the dragons at the SFS if we finish 4th or 5th which is ours and one of theis home games. there is also no difference between a win or a loss of this game!!

Slightly confused Golden If we win and finish fourth and the Cowboys win wouldn't you rather play the Cowboys in NSW than play them in Nth Qld ??

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 11:53 am

Best outcome is that Mateo, Maloney, Locke, Thurston, Matt Scott and Bowen start a brawl and all get suspended.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 12:16 pm

The one good thing is seeing that Cowboys v Warriors game is at 5.30 we will know exactly what we need to win by if the Cowboys give the Warriors a touch up

everett

Post by everett » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 1:06 pm

I would love to see a brutal game between the Warriors and Cowboys going to extra time with Cowboys winning with a field goal.

WT verses Cowboys would be great as we have the wood on them.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 5:13 pm

Kaiser wrote:I am hoping warriors loose and dragons loose. We tie up 4th and the broncos and manly will face two tough games week 1 of the finals. If they both loose, its impossible to face the storm before the final.
x 2 .. i wonder if the supercoach wayne'o :roll: and ivan are both considering a loss this week so as to play those depleted scum with handbags from the peninsular, just a thought

imo best result is for a cowboys win over the warriors and the tigers to play the cowboys in sydney
I dislike sowfs immensely

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 5:45 pm

you are an idiot adster.

ask the warriors if they think finishing 5th and losing doesn't matter after they got knocked out last year in week 1.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 9:09 pm

Oooh! Would love to be playing the Cowboys first up in the finals, but unfortunately, I think they have buckleys of beating the Warriors this week, so looks like it might be Tigers Vs Saints in the first week. Shame - I would've liked to have seen that contest a little further in, but who knows, anything is possible.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Wed 31 Aug, 2011 11:34 am

If you finish 4th, you get an extra chance if you are beaten in the first game.

My understanding is that the 2 lowest losers drop out. Would be hard to be one of the lowest losers from 4th.

TripleB

Post by TripleB » Wed 31 Aug, 2011 12:19 pm

magpiecol wrote:If you finish 4th, you get an extra chance if you are beaten in the first game.

My understanding is that the 2 lowest losers drop out. Would be hard to be one of the lowest losers from 4th.
If 8th and 7th both win then the losers of the other 2 games are eliminated. With both Melbourne and Manly being below full strength due to suspensions, it is possible that the 2 team eliminated could be 3rd and 4th. We need to win in week 1 to make sure we are not eliminated.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Thu 01 Sep, 2011 12:22 am

id much rather they face the cowboys than the dragons: I'm quite wary of them tbh...

Goose

Post by Goose » Thu 01 Sep, 2011 9:47 am

If 2 sydney teams play, Golden is correct, there is absolutely no difference, however if we are to play an out of town team, id much rather play NQ or the warriors in Syd than away.

coolcat

Post by coolcat » Thu 01 Sep, 2011 10:41 am

Or worst
We get seventh if...
Dragons win
Worriers win by 2
and we lose to the sharks by 20.

That means we play manly??? Interesting !

But If we win
Cowboys need to win by 18 more points the we beat the sharks by to take fouth off us.

I say play for a good win

Posted using RoarFEED

tigerdan

Post by tigerdan » Thu 01 Sep, 2011 10:57 am

coolcat wrote:Or worst
We get seventh if...
Dragons win
Worriers win by 2
and we lose to the sharks by 20.

That means we play manly??? Interesting !
Haha. This possibility never even occured to me. If this happens i think we just have to accept its not our year and move on.
I don't support rugby league, i support the Tigers.

TigerDave81

Post by TigerDave81 » Thu 01 Sep, 2011 8:52 pm

Would love to see the Dragqueens lose, and we win and would then play either Worriers or Cowgirls, both team we've made our gimps over the past few years.

Don't like the prospect of playing the Dragqueens first week of finals. A tough match up for anyone.

Gotta say love having the tigers in the semis. Getting goosebumps already.

Posted using RoarFEED

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 03 Sep, 2011 3:17 pm

now that the dragons have won - i would prefer to see a cowboys win as long as we win and finish 4th - we would play cowboys in sydney. However it would be the other games that would be interesting - can't see newcastle beating melbourne but i could see warriors beating manly and saints beating brisbane - its a bit of a double edged sword if this scenario took place - we win we get a week off as one of the two highest winning sides - we lose we bow out