Other then winning, the one thing i'd love to see...

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30 PM
Venue: Toyota Park, Cronulla
Telecast: FOX Sports 2
kill'em'all tigers

Other then winning, the one thing i'd love to see...

Post by kill'em'all tigers » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 12:15 pm

is holding the sharks to a nil scoreline.

Besides it never been done before (i believe), it would be a further confidence boost going into the finals.

To do it would require a true semi finals attitude and performance. Even if the score is 30 zip with 5 min to go the attidude should be - 'we are playing melb, it's nil all and there is 30 mins left, let's go forward, kick well and complete our sets'.

Our defense has been awesome over the last weeks but as we aren't playing any quality teams leading into the finals, holding the sharks to nil should be the challenge they set themselves.

All the top team have done it this year at some stage and we have been so close the last few games but it's just those couple of moments of poor discipline and concentration that have cost us.

C'mon tigers, get your mind into gear for another great finals charge.

Plus ill be in bali with a sharks supporter, so it'll be a great way to start the trip.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 12:19 pm

To play smart for 80 minutes not clocking on for first 30 and then waking up after the opposition gets into striking difference again . If we do that against Brisbane or Melbourne they will make us pay

rossop

Post by rossop » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 12:54 pm

Great Minds Think Alike!

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 1:01 pm

I too would like to keep an opposition to 0.

Thought we might do it yesterday but C'est la vie.

Would love for Brown to get a thousand tries against his old club as well
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

everett

Post by everett » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 1:16 pm

Play smart football for 80 minutes. Win and have no new injuries.

Love to see Mitch Brown get more game time.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

underdog

Post by underdog » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 1:38 pm

Sataris wrote:
Would love for Brown to get a thousand tries against his old club as well
and boot all the goals as well.

As good as Utai was last week in the Centres, would like to see Brown start the game against the Sharks, and go 80 minutes.

A bench of Utai, Woods, BMM, Groat would be imposing - (assuming Gibbs comes right back into the team)

adamtiger

Post by adamtiger » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 2:14 pm

im scared of this super short turnaround this week.... if we win ill be happy

smudge

Post by smudge » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 2:38 pm

I just watched a replay of the Cowboys/Sharks game and the Sharks played very, very well. We are going to have to be on our game to beat them. Apart from a couple of mistakes from Gallen and Morris in the last 15 mins, the result could have gone the other way.

Need to stop the offloads and put some pressure on their young No 6 (and don't fall for his right step).

I don't care how may points the Sharks score.....as long as we score one more than them.

genoshan

Post by genoshan » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 2:41 pm

I watched the game also and also think this game won't be easy. The Sharks were not terrible and could have easily knocked off the Cowgirls

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 5:29 pm

..... an all-in brawl at suncorp on sunday arvo !
I dislike sowfs immensely

Tigertime

Post by Tigertime » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 6:12 pm

smudge wrote:I just watched a replay of the Cowboys/Sharks game and the Sharks played very, very well. We are going to have to be on our game to beat them. Apart from a couple of mistakes from Gallen and Morris in the last 15 mins, the result could have gone the other way.

Need to stop the offloads and put some pressure on their young No 6 (and don't fall for his right step).

I don't care how may points the Sharks score.....as long as we score one more than them.
I think it's just a direct reflection on how bad the Cowboys are actually traveling and not how well Cronulla are going. 2 cents

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 6:16 pm

Blackpearl wrote:..... an all-in brawl at suncorp on sunday arvo !
Before or after pdenny does his nudey run in regards to Bryce not playing last night
Maybe it will cause the all in brawl .......

smudge

Post by smudge » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 8:17 pm

Tigertime wrote:
smudge wrote:I just watched a replay of the Cowboys/Sharks game and the Sharks played very, very well. We are going to have to be on our game to beat them. Apart from a couple of mistakes from Gallen and Morris in the last 15 mins, the result could have gone the other way.

I think it's just a direct reflection on how bad the Cowboys are actually traveling and not how well Cronulla are going. 2 cents
I hope you're right TT. Especially if we come up against them in the next month or so. After a couple of "soft" games a grinding, tough game before the finals might do us good

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 8:51 pm

x2
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 8:55 pm

Manly to get knocked out in their first semi appearance, knocked out in more ways than one.

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 9:01 pm

cunno wrote:Manly to get knocked out in their first semi appearance, knocked out in more ways than one.
Unfortunately Brisbane would have to beat them by 43+ for this to happen, but I'd love to see them out in straight sets this finals ala Dragons '09.

It's been 11 years and we've only held a team TRY-LESS once. Time to pop that scoreless cherry.

Juro

Post by Juro » Wed 31 Aug, 2011 6:20 am

... a re-enactment of Benji's 2005 try assist, as well as him scoring a hat-trick and booting plenty of goals. That would set him up to be top point scorer for the year and would be one more step towards claiming the Dally M.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Wed 31 Aug, 2011 4:11 pm

Kaiser wrote:
x2
x3. :twisted: :lol: