That could be exactly what we need

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30 PM
Venue: Toyota Park, Cronulla
Telecast: FOX Sports 2
Luke

Re: That could be exactly what we need

Post by Luke » Sat 03 Sep, 2011 10:47 pm

We didn't play well at all tonight but after you've won 7 in a row and now 8 it is very hard to play decent consistent football week in week out. Along with that it's hard to play a grinding semi-final type game when you know you're playing a team that is coming 13th. I guarantee we won't play that bad next week!

jais tigez

Post by jais tigez » Sat 03 Sep, 2011 10:51 pm

If someone had told me 3 months ago we would win 8 on the trot going into the finals I would have said no way. I'm happy with the 2 points and that we are doing enough to jag a win. We will lift for next week.

Posted using RoarFEED
Manly Sea Eagles- crying and gang bashing their way to premiership glory.

Post by 2041 » Sat 03 Sep, 2011 11:14 pm

We missed Galloway tonight I thought. Gibbs was quiet in attack and although Woods had his moments it often seemed like Ellis was playing a lone hand in terms of making hard yards. To be honest I'd almost say Utai was our second best attacking 'forward' tonight.

The silver lining to a disappointing showing is that the Dragons may think they should play Benji by smothering him. If he plays anything like what he's capable of - ie a lot better than tonight - that could backfire badly.

Nonetheless, I think we're going to need Lawrence and need him at close to full pace. I must admit I'm very worried to hear Sheens say Galloway and Ryan are definitely back next week but he's only "hopeful" about Lawrence.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 03 Sep, 2011 11:25 pm

Sheens stated after the game that he has flogged the team at training over the last month in the lead up to the finals and that was why they were flat tonight. He said they will be freshened up this week now that it's finals time and is more concerned about getting the team right physically for the finals as the mental side should take care of itself - and we know the Tigers will be desperate to pay the Dragons back for last year.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 12:06 am

Eddie wrote:Some of you are way too harsh. Players are not machines or robots.

* 5 day turn around
* No Lawrence, Galloway, Beau
* Gallen's 200th, Douglas and Snowden's last game.

It's not the easiest set of circumstances. That is 8 wins on the trot. Not two or three, but eight. Along the way you have your flat spots and your highs. We did what we had to do tonight. We have to be better next week and we will, move on.

100% on the money, Lawrence,Galloway and Ryan, will make a big difference. Drags will be very hard nut to crack and the result could go either way but we will be in the contest and not without a real big chance

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 7:09 am

They played not to get hurt it looked like notreally putting their bodies on the line but it's understandable 5 day turn around mind on the semis we won that's all that matters now we play the dragons with revenge on our minds

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 7:36 am

willow wrote:Sheens stated after the game that he has flogged the team at training over the last month in the lead up to the finals and that was why they were flat tonight. He said they will be freshened up this week now that it's finals time and is more concerned about getting the team right physically for the finals as the mental side should take care of itself - and we know the Tigers will be desperate to pay the Dragons back for last year.
Yeah saw that Sheens has said that in post match interview
I really thought they would need to really work on combinations this week especially with Rowdy hopefully back this week to knock some rust off his game

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 7:41 am

smoking gun wrote:They played not to get hurt it looked like notreally putting their bodies on the line but it's understandable 5 day turn around mind on the semis we won that's all that matters now we play the dragons with revenge on our minds
Playing for the win,not over working yourselves and hopefully no injuries it was ugly last night but great job boys 4th place a great effort.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 8:44 am

I was at the game last night, was not the best win but Robbie got us home. We have Keith, Chris and Beau to come back next week. It was also the first full game for Lote for a while. He did OK but was struggling for match fitness at times, it was obvious. He will be better for the run. The warm up was right in front of where I was sitting and they didn’t look sharp, always thought it was going to be a tough night. I know they are professionals but you can only wonder if their minds were also on next week. Even Ellis looked flat.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 9:20 am

Totally agree BOW. We haven't been challenged at all in the last 4 weeks and I think it was a blessing in disguise that the Sharks actually pulled their finger out after being 8-0 down. I said it last night and I'll say it again, the Sharks played extremely well last and would've beaten a few teams with that type of performance.

I'm not prepared to criticise our defence either, the first and last tries were extremely well executed and would've probably warranted tries against some of the best defensive units.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

DJZ

Post by DJZ » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 9:56 am

The Sharks have a good side there forward are huge.... They targeted Rob Lui all night credit to his defense and tackling........ Back to the sharks side they had allot of energy last and the tigers looked very tired and flat.... So what Tim was saying really showed........ Looks like early nights for the boys this week....

My 2 cents

AJ*

Post by AJ* » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 9:57 am

smoking gun wrote:They played not to get hurt it looked like notreally putting their bodies on the line
I felt the same watching it. Not many of the players wanted to put their bodies on the line last night and they seemed to do enough to stay in front. Wouldn't think too much into it.

Priest

Post by Priest » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 11:33 am

The Sharks at home, their lady game, nothing to lose. The Tigers looking to next week, being a little conservative, did enough. Well done boys, 8 in a row, top 4, great back end of the year. Bring on next week...

Posted using RoarFEED

Priest

Post by Priest » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 11:34 am

Their last game...oops

Posted using RoarFEED

Post by 2041 » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 11:37 am

smoking gun wrote:They played not to get hurt it looked like notreally putting their bodies on the line but it's understandable 5 day turn around mind on the semis we won that's all that matters now we play the dragons with revenge on our minds
That crossed my mind on several occasions. I hope you're right.

bbtiger81

Post by bbtiger81 » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 12:31 pm

A win is a win and a new week dawns. First week of finals is a little bit different to last game of the season knowing you are already there. We should see what we're really capable of this week with Galloway, Ryan and, hopefully, Lawrence and Payten back.

Posted using RoarFEED

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 2:14 pm

I'm just grateful that the Wests Tigers won the game considering they were expected to win it, which is always dangerous. In addition to this, they had a number of players out, Cronulla had plenty of support from a big home crowd, Gallan's 200th game etc.

Big game this friday night hope we get as many supporters out to ANZ as possible.