Respect For The Sharks

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30 PM
Venue: Toyota Park, Cronulla
Telecast: FOX Sports 2
dermo

Respect For The Sharks

Post by dermo » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 5:54 pm

After last night i have a lot of respect for the sharkies, with their season lost and nothing really to play for you wouldnt have blamed them if they showed up and just let us run over them, but they everyone of them ripped in and hit the ball up hard and were rushing up in defence all night. They had the enthusiasm to beat us, they just lacked the stike power in the outside backs to match us. All the same good on em for having a real go

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 7:25 pm

dermo wrote:After last night i have a lot of respect for the sharkies, with their season lost and nothing really to play for you wouldnt have blamed them if they showed up and just let us run over them, but they everyone of them ripped in and hit the ball up hard and were rushing up in defence all night. They had the enthusiasm to beat us, they just lacked the stike power in the outside backs to match us. All the same good on em for having a real go
Agreed, they didn't turn it up and probably did our blokes a favour by making them work for their win so close to the finals series.

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 11:46 pm

I think the Sharkies will go alright next season, they may have lost Douglas and Snowden but that may give them an opportunity to be a more agile side, their young halves will be a year older too.

They still don't have a lot in the backs, but Ive seen enough from them this season to suggest that they can score a fair amount of points next season, I think Flanagan has shown enough to suggest he is a very good coach.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

pacey

Post by pacey » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 11:52 pm

They desperately need a player or two who are game winners. And someone who will spark something in attack.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 05 Sep, 2011 12:46 am

If they had a good 6 and 7 and one quality centre they could challenge for the title

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 05 Sep, 2011 6:12 am

They have a very good forward pack....as happy said, it's the backs they need to work on.

It was good that they provided a tough game.