Sheens quits as Kangaroo coach

Super League and Rugby League Abroad
Post Reply


User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 6976
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 03 Oct, 2015 7:53 am

Good riddance.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5017
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by alexaki » Sat 03 Oct, 2015 8:30 am

quits...haha...he was always going to be sacked....love the spin....

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed 29 Feb, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by jctiger » Sat 03 Oct, 2015 10:01 am

alexaki wrote:quits...haha...he was always going to be sacked....love the spin....
Yep, always better to jump before you get pushed!

Good luck Salford.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 6976
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 03 Oct, 2015 10:56 am

who takes over?
Bellamy?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.


BalmainJnr
Member
Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue 24 May, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by BalmainJnr » Sat 03 Oct, 2015 10:58 am

Demps wrote:who takes over?
Bellamy?
Toovs?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27897
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 03 Oct, 2015 11:42 am

Sheens quits as Kangaroos coach
05:37 AEST Sat Oct 3 2015

Tim Sheens has resigned as Australia's national coach to take over as full-time director of rugby with English Super League club Salford.

Sheens guided Australia to victory at the 2013 World Cup, but the 64-year-old has spent the past two months working at Salford on a short-term advisory basis at the invitation of owner Marwan Koukash, and has now decided to make the role permanent.

The former Canberra, Wests Tigers and North Queensland boss agreed a three-year contract.

"Now we've survived successfully in Super League, I've had a good talk with the family and to Marwan," Sheens said.

"He offered me a three-year deal and we've accepted it.

"So I've resigned from the Australian group and I'll be ready to start in November."

Sheens could not stop Salford finishing in the Super League's bottom four this season, but after head coach Iestyn Harris left he assisted Ian Watson as they secured a top-flight place for next term by finishing third in the qualifiers.

He had been in charge of Australia since 2008 when he succeeded Ricky Stuart after their shock World Cup final defeat to New Zealand, and guided them to 26 wins in his 31 matches.

However, Sheens was not expected to be re-appointed in November after they lost three consecutive Tests to the Kiwis and with it the world No.1 ranking.

Sheens has announced that Watson, who has been acting head coach since the departure of Harris two months ago, will remain in charge of the team, with assistance from Martin Gleeson and Garreth Carvell.

"It is a move in a slightly different direction for me," Sheens said.

"I will be involved in the coaching, but I'm not the senior coach, that will be Watto and I will be assisting him.

"He's done a great job in the Middle 8s and he should take all the credit for the club surviving in Super League.

"I'll be a sounding board for him and help him where I can."


Was that so hard... :roll:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27897
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 03 Oct, 2015 11:45 am

One of the sweeteners Bozo offered Toovs to go quietly into the Night....

Aussie gig....fat cheque...little hassle...Welcome aboard Tooves....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5017
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by alexaki » Sat 03 Oct, 2015 1:20 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sheens quits as Kangaroos coach
05:37 AEST Sat Oct 3 2015

Tim Sheens has resigned as Australia's national coach to take over as full-time director of rugby with English Super League club Salford.

Sheens guided Australia to victory at the 2013 World Cup, but the 64-year-old has spent the past two months working at Salford on a short-term advisory basis at the invitation of owner Marwan Koukash, and has now decided to make the role permanent.

The former Canberra, Wests Tigers and North Queensland boss agreed a three-year contract.

"Now we've survived successfully in Super League, I've had a good talk with the family and to Marwan," Sheens said.

"He offered me a three-year deal and we've accepted it.

"So I've resigned from the Australian group and I'll be ready to start in November."

Sheens could not stop Salford finishing in the Super League's bottom four this season, but after head coach Iestyn Harris left he assisted Ian Watson as they secured a top-flight place for next term by finishing third in the qualifiers.

He had been in charge of Australia since 2008 when he succeeded Ricky Stuart after their shock World Cup final defeat to New Zealand, and guided them to 26 wins in his 31 matches.

However, Sheens was not expected to be re-appointed in November after they lost three consecutive Tests to the Kiwis and with it the world No.1 ranking.

Sheens has announced that Watson, who has been acting head coach since the departure of Harris two months ago, will remain in charge of the team, with assistance from Martin Gleeson and Garreth Carvell.

"It is a move in a slightly different direction for me," Sheens said.

"I will be involved in the coaching, but I'm not the senior coach, that will be Watto and I will be assisting him.

"He's done a great job in the Middle 8s and he should take all the credit for the club surviving in Super League.

"I'll be a sounding board for him and help him where I can."


Was that so hard... :roll:

Odds on to be punted before his 3 year contract expires!

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3346
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Sat 03 Oct, 2015 1:40 pm

Geo. wrote:One of the sweeteners Bozo offered Toovs to go quietly into the Night....

Aussie gig....fat cheque...little hassle...Welcome aboard Tooves....
Hope you're right Geo - he'll do a better job.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39141
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 03 Oct, 2015 5:24 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sheens quits as Kangaroos coach
05:37 AEST Sat Oct 3 2015

Tim Sheens has resigned as Australia's national coach to take over as full-time director of rugby with English Super League club Salford.

Sheens guided Australia to victory at the 2013 World Cup, but the 64-year-old has spent the past two months working at Salford on a short-term advisory basis at the invitation of owner Marwan Koukash, and has now decided to make the role permanent.

The former Canberra, Wests Tigers and North Queensland boss agreed a three-year contract.

"Now we've survived successfully in Super League, I've had a good talk with the family and to Marwan," Sheens said.

"He offered me a three-year deal and we've accepted it.

"So I've resigned from the Australian group and I'll be ready to start in November."

Sheens could not stop Salford finishing in the Super League's bottom four this season, but after head coach Iestyn Harris left he assisted Ian Watson as they secured a top-flight place for next term by finishing third in the qualifiers.

He had been in charge of Australia since 2008 when he succeeded Ricky Stuart after their shock World Cup final defeat to New Zealand, and guided them to 26 wins in his 31 matches.

However, Sheens was not expected to be re-appointed in November after they lost three consecutive Tests to the Kiwis and with it the world No.1 ranking.

Sheens has announced that Watson, who has been acting head coach since the departure of Harris two months ago, will remain in charge of the team, with assistance from Martin Gleeson and Garreth Carvell.

"It is a move in a slightly different direction for me," Sheens said.

"I will be involved in the coaching, but I'm not the senior coach, that will be Watto and I will be assisting him.

"He's done a great job in the Middle 8s and he should take all the credit for the club surviving in Super League.

"I'll be a sounding board for him and help him where I can."


Was that so hard... :roll:
What

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27897
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 03 Oct, 2015 5:26 pm

Posting the whole article so people can read it without leaving the comfort of the forum......
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39141
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 03 Oct, 2015 5:34 pm

Geo. wrote:Posting the whole article so people can read it without leaving the comfort of the forum......
What's so hard about clicking on the article and waiting three seconds for it to open :roll:

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27897
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 03 Oct, 2015 5:37 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:Posting the whole article so people can read it without leaving the comfort of the forum......
What's so hard about clicking on the article and waiting three seconds for it to open :roll:
Courtesy ...why give MSN SMH Telecrap the hits etc..you just lazy
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39141
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 03 Oct, 2015 5:40 pm

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:Posting the whole article so people can read it without leaving the comfort of the forum......
What's so hard about clicking on the article and waiting three seconds for it to open :roll:
Courtesy ...why give MSN SMH Telecrap the hits etc..you just lazy
Well if you remember back to the dark ages old man , this was the way you showed me to do it :brick:

Post Reply