Farah, Moses make Lebanon Squad...

Super League and Rugby League Abroad
Tigersman

Farah, Moses make Lebanon Squad...

Post by Tigersman » Mon 26 Oct, 2015 10:43 pm

Is there really a need for those kind of jokes...

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.4
Tigersman since 2013!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 27 Oct, 2015 4:43 am

Tigersman wrote:Is there really a need for those kind of jokes...

Yes... Light hearted humor is the basis of many good discussions.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Tue 27 Oct, 2015 11:37 am

Tiger Watto wrote:

Light-hearted humour is fine, when it doesn't include making fun of incidents where many lives are taken almost daily.

Can you imagine an Abbott supporter blowing up the Anzac Bridge one Monday morning and killing thousands of innocent Australians on their way to work, just because he was ousted and then someone making light of it in Indonesia. I know i wouldn't like it and I'm sure you wouldn't either Watto.

Just because we live in the lucky country and don't have to deal with it here, doesn't mean it's fine to joke about it. The people dying overseas are just as human as we are.
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 27 Oct, 2015 11:46 am

In sport that is what happened to Monica Seles, a mad fan of Steffi Graf stabbed Monica Seles in the back to stop her defeating Graf, so I don't recognise the validity of all of Graf's Grand Slam wins.

Only yesterday it came out about the conspiracy to sack Gough Whitlam, when Oz was almost at war, so it can happen to us as well. But keep these topics for a politics thread not THE GAME thread.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 27 Oct, 2015 11:53 am

So we can no longer say a team bombed a try or that Taylorball 5 hit ups and a bomb should never be spoken again...Really...OK...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Tue 27 Oct, 2015 11:56 am

Geo. wrote:So we can no longer say a team bombed a try or that Taylorball 5 hit ups and a bomb should never be spoken again...Really...OK...
There's a difference between that and your comment yesterday and you know it.

But if that helps you sleep at night then yeah sure… OK.
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 27 Oct, 2015 3:23 pm

Tony33 wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:

Light-hearted humour is fine, when it doesn't include making fun of incidents where many lives are taken almost daily.

Can you imagine an Abbott supporter blowing up the Anzac Bridge one Monday morning and killing thousands of innocent Australians on their way to work, just because he was ousted and then someone making light of it in Indonesia. I know i wouldn't like it and I'm sure you wouldn't either Watto.

Just because we live in the lucky country and don't have to deal with it here, doesn't mean it's fine to joke about it. The people dying overseas are just as human as we are.
Actually, I dont care.

If it isnt to your liking, you dont have to contribute to the humour... But dont tell people who want to have some fun what they can and cant laugh at.

The Downtown Bomb was all the rage when I played... Bombs Away!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 27 Oct, 2015 3:26 pm

/thread.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 27 Oct, 2015 6:15 pm

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Tue 27 Oct, 2015 9:21 pm

Geo's comment was tongue in cheek, and that's fine. Nothing wrong with abit of cheeky stirring.

In actual fact though, the war in Lebanon ended 26 years ago. So Geo might have to update his material.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Pierre M7

Post by Pierre M7 » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 11:16 am

Congratulations to the Cedars, they go through to the 2017 World Cup after defeating South Africa 50-16... Very proud day for my country !
"One flick and they're gone"

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 2:15 pm

Very good for a country that has endured so many hardships (so have South Africa). If football helps the country unite into something better it is worth the broken bones etc.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)