Bennett...The Traitor..

Super League and Rugby League Abroad
Geo.

Bennett...The Traitor..

Post by Geo. » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 10:14 am

Wayne Bennett replaces Steve McNamara as England head coach
9 hours ago From the section Rugby League

Wayne Bennett has coached Australia, Queensland and several NRL clubs
Australian Wayne Bennett has replaced Steve McNamara as England head coach on a two-year contract.

Bennett, 66, is the most successful coach in Australian rugby league history, with seven Grand Final wins.

The Brisbane Broncos boss was appointed hours after the Rugby Football League (RFL) said McNamara, 44, had left after five and a half years in the role.

"Wayne is quite rightly regarded as the outstanding coach of this generation," RFL chief executive Nigel Wood said.

Bennett, who will continue as Broncos boss, will lead England through the 2016 Four Nations and 2017 World Cup.

Runners-up in the Four Nations in 2011, England also reached the semi-finals of the Rugby League World Cup in 2013 under McNamara.

McNamara's contract expired following England's 2-1 series win over New Zealand at the end of last year.

"From what I have seen I have been impressed by the ambition and energy demonstrated by the team," Bennett said.

"I look forward to working with a group of players that I believe have what it takes to succeed on the international stage."

England improved 'considerably' under McNamara

Former Bradford Bulls coach McNamara was appointed by England in 2010 and combined the role with his job at Sydney Roosters, where he remains assistant coach.

An RFL statement read: "Steve McNamara has been the longest-serving national coach in our history and it is undoubtedly the case that the national team and set-up have moved on considerably under Steve's leadership.

"We would like to place on record our thanks to Steve for his considerable efforts over the years to both the England senior team and the underlying programme. He leaves with our very best wishes and on a high, after a series win over New Zealand."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/35472600
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 10:16 am

How could you Unca Wayne....coach AGAINST Australia....
Ivan's Laws

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 10:17 am

Good for the international game, would much prefer see what he could have done with the Kumuls, France or Italy though.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 10:53 am

WOW!!!!! Talk about GREED.

Don't know how you can bring yourself to Coach another Country against the Country you love? $$$£££€€€ speaks all languages.

It's a regular occurrence in the soccer Coaches Coaching Foreign Countries.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 11:47 am

So their national rugby union, rugby league and cricket teams are now coached by Australians.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 11:52 am

Yossarian wrote:So their national rugby union, rugby league and cricket teams are now coached by Australians.
:roll

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 12:00 pm

I read another article saying he was disappointed he was overlooked for the Australian job

Sounds like Australia can blame its own selectors if the Poms win the next Rugby League World Cup

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 12:10 pm

Wally Lewis has come out and slammed Bennett for coaching against Australia...

I'll await Watto's opinion...
Ivan's Laws

batboy

Post by batboy » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 12:13 pm

Pretty sure he's been on board at the Kiwis more than once as well... Maybe even as far back as the 2005 Tri Nations (Or whatever it was)

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 12:44 pm

batboy wrote:Pretty sure he's been on board at the Kiwis more than once as well... Maybe even as far back as the 2005 Tri Nations (Or whatever it was)
Yep.
I've no problem with this... It's a business and he's a pro... Why should he limit himself?

batboy

Post by batboy » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 1:28 pm

innsaneink wrote:
batboy wrote:Pretty sure he's been on board at the Kiwis more than once as well... Maybe even as far back as the 2005 Tri Nations (Or whatever it was)
Yep.
I've no problem with this... It's a business and he's a pro... Why should he limit himself?
Bennett can do as say as he wishes - Always has - Always will.
Weather it's correct or moral, Doesn't matter....

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 1:41 pm

batboy wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Yep.
He can became a great coach for England.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 1:49 pm

I don't see any drama with it , if Bennett makes the poms more competitive it'll make for better tests IMO
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 1:56 pm

batboy wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Yep.

Immoral... Stretching a bow there

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 3:12 pm

Really, if the (name of whoever controls international rugby league) wants to grow the game we need to have the top 5-6 coaches in the NRL to volunteer their time assisting developing nations.

Think Bellamy being a consultant for Tonga, Bennett for Samoa, Robinson PNG etc... Not a full time gig, a few times a year maybe, but their insight could help those teams become stronger on and off the field.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 4:15 pm

Wayne is big believer in a strong International Rugby League. Ultimately, he wants to see Tests Football as the pinnacle again for all nations [as it should] and feels the Four Nations needs to be a strong and appealing competition before expansion of other nations.

Rugby League is his Life!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 4:19 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Wayne is big believer in a strong International Rugby League. Ultimately, he wants to see Tests Football as the pinnacle again for all nations [as it should] and feels the Four Nations needs to be a strong and appealing competition before expansion of other nations.

Rugby League is his Life!
pffft soft.......
Ivan's Laws

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 03 Feb, 2016 5:13 pm

happy tiger wrote:I read another article saying he was disappointed he was overlooked for the Australian job

Sounds like Australia can blame its own selectors if the Poms win the next Rugby League World Cup
Pfft...seriously, the Poms wouldn't win a World Cup even if the Aussie and NZ teams didn't run onto the field against them until after half-time. They are hopeless and have been for at least the last 30 years.
Didn't Unca Wayne come out and have his Two Cents Worth when Paul Green was the frontrunner for the Maroons job?....basically saying don't give him the job because you cannot handle both club footy and rep footy as a coach these days? Maybe Unca's arse is still burning that a virtual novice coach toppled him on Grand Final day and ruined the myth of himself being a supercoach who doesn't lose Grand Finals. Onya Wayne!