Kangaroos team named to face NZ

Super League and Rugby League Abroad
User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3223
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander

Kangaroos team named to face NZ

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 2:12 pm

Source: NRL.com
Tue 26 Apr, 2016, 1:05pm
http://www.nrl.com/kangaroos-team-named ... fault.aspx


The 2016 Kangaroos squad
1. Darius Boyd
2. Semi Radradra
3. Greg Inglis
4. Josh Dugan
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Matt Scott
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Paul Gallen
11. Josh Papalii
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker
Interchange:
14. Josh McGuire
15. Michael Morgan
16. James Tamou
17. Sam Thaiday
18. Aidan Guerra
19. Michael Jennings


User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6933
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 2:16 pm

"I'm not going to pick any representative rookies...except Semi Radradra."

Has Mal been watching any footy this year? There's some horribly out of form players in that team.

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 2:19 pm

Oates > anyone in that backline

User avatar
WestsSupporter
Member
Member
Posts: 1321
Joined: Wed 13 Jul, 2011 8:59 pm
Location: New Zealand

Post by WestsSupporter » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 2:26 pm

Bit early to be naming origin squads, Mal.

Real talk - Ferguson, really?
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6053
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 2:44 pm

What about Sam Thaiday, doesn't even start for the Broncos. And Josh McGuire is apparently the 3rd best prop in Australia. Righto.

So apart from Dugan, Gallen, Ferguson and Tamou, no other NSW players are good enough? Semi Radradra being a Fijian of course and not eligible for SOO.


Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 2:47 pm

Is that for real? They did pick Semi? If so it's a sad, sad day for the joke that is international rugby league.

Liddy
Member
Member
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:27 pm
Location: The Golden West

Post by Liddy » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 3:47 pm

How can Semi play for Australia and not be eligible for SOO???

How does that work????

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 4:02 pm

I think its just poor form to pick Semi... Mal has always been an ambassador for international RL by offering his time on many occassions, and now he rips out the hearts of all Fiji Fans.

Sorry Mal, but you were pressured into this decision and you need to have a hard look in the mirror!

Liddy, SOO eligability rules are different to international rules.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3311
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 4:10 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:I think its just poor form to pick Semi... Mal has always been an ambassador for international RL by offering his time on many occassions, and now he rips out the hearts of all Fiji Fans.

Sorry Mal, but you were pressured into this decision and you need to have a hard look in the mirror!

Liddy, SOO eligability rules are different to international rules.
What's he supposed to do? If the guy is eligible then he deserves to be picked on form. The coach doesn't determine the eligibility rules. No doubt Semi declared for Australia (in large part) because he wants the tens of thousands in match payments that come with it, which he'd be denied if Mal didn't pick him.

Parra have him on a low 4 year deal (for what he's now worth), I think fair enough if he wants to make some money while he's one of the form players in the competition.

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 4:12 pm

Semi came to Australia in 2011, how the hell he can play for them is beyond me. If he is allowed to play for NSW i would be pretty damn mad.

Origin and international footy should be treated as such, players should only be able to play for their hometowns.

Semi should have played for Fijji or no international footy for him at all.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29375
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 4:13 pm

yippie yi yi yi yi yippy yi...whatever..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3311
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 4:16 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:Source: NRL.com
Tue 26 Apr, 2016, 1:05pm
http://www.nrl.com/kangaroos-team-named ... fault.aspx


The 2016 Kangaroos squad
1. Darius Boyd
2. Semi Radradra
3. Greg Inglis
4. Josh Dugan
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Matt Scott
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Paul Gallen
11. Josh Papalii
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker
Interchange:
14. Josh McGuire
15. Michael Morgan
16. James Tamou
17. Sam Thaiday
18. Aidan Guerra
19. Michael Jennings
GI is horribly out of form but will probably turn up for Australia.
Ferguson is just horribly out of form and there are a bunch of better options available. That selection looks like it was done just to pad NSW numbers in the team.
Papalii has been a little down on form but I can't think of too many others who were screaming out to be picked. Lowe and Cooper are good with Thurston but you can't just go picking the Cowboys team...
Josh McGuire is a bit of a bolter but he rips in and is probably only in there to play 30 minutes considering Gallen is in the prop rotation. He'll do the job alright.
Thaiday that's just jobs for the boys.
Guerra should be about 80th man.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10155
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 4:18 pm

Go the Kiwis
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 4:21 pm

Nelson wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:I think its just poor form to pick Semi... Mal has always been an ambassador for international RL by offering his time on many occassions, and now he rips out the hearts of all Fiji Fans.

Sorry Mal, but you were pressured into this decision and you need to have a hard look in the mirror!

Liddy, SOO eligability rules are different to international rules.
What's he supposed to do? If the guy is eligible then he deserves to be picked on form. The coach doesn't determine the eligibility rules. No doubt Semi declared for Australia (in large part) because he wants the tens of thousands in match payments that come with it, which he'd be denied if Mal didn't pick him.

Parra have him on a low 4 year deal (for what he's now worth), I think fair enough if he wants to make some money while he's one of the form players in the competition.
I know your right, I was just hoping Mal would be the kind of guy who would draw the line in the sand and sit down with Radradra and say "Sami, your a wonderful asset to RL, and even a greater asset for Fiji. I played many games for Australia and I want you to have the joy of representing Fiji"

For me, the Australian Jumper is the pinnacle in our sport. I just want to see the pacific islands have a greater opportunity to shine to create a better international RL.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3311
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 4:34 pm

Tiger Watto wrote: I know your right, I was just hoping Mal would be the kind of guy who would draw the line in the sand and sit down with Radradra and say "Sami, your a wonderful asset to RL, and even a greater asset for Fiji. I played many games for Australia and I want you to have the joy of representing Fiji"

For me, the Australian Jumper is the pinnacle in our sport. I just want to see the pacific islands have a greater opportunity to shine to create a better international RL.
The NRL should come to the party and help financially subsidise teams like Fiji so that guys like Semi don't have to make large personal sacrifices to do the right thing and play for the country in which they were born and raised.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10155
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 4:44 pm

Geo. wrote:yippie yi yi yi yi yippy yi...whatever..
You are so Un - Australian Geo :lol:

Oi Oi Oi !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 4:54 pm

I was hoping Gallen wouldn't get picked. :mrgreen:
As for Sami, I'm sure he's a proud Fijian but is motivated by the $$$$.

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 4:57 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
Geo. wrote:yippie yi yi yi yi yippy yi...whatever..
You are so Un - Australian Geo :lol:

Oi Oi Oi !
:lol:

Post Reply