Been liked: 20 times

Re: PM's XIII named 2016..

Unread post by diedpretty » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 5:11 pm

Moses is goal kicker - 2 from 3 so far

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 5:38 pm

22 - 0 HT - Tries to Dugan. Ferguson. Radradra and Inglis - Moses 3 from 4 conversions

diedpretty

Unread post by diedpretty » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 6:09 pm

32 - 0 at the 58th minute - Teddy concussion.

Kavi

Unread post by Kavi » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 6:40 pm

moses got a try

diedpretty

Unread post by diedpretty » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 6:42 pm

58 - 0 FT. Appears Moses played full game scored a try and kicked 4? goals.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 6:57 pm

diedpretty wrote:32 - 0 at the 58th minute - Teddy concussion.
exactly what I was scared of.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Snake
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by Snake » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 7:53 pm

Teddy and concusion are going to be a major part of his career moving forward and could cut short his career , there are and will be specific guidelines about this issue.. this must be a concern for him !

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 9:00 pm

Maybe headgear for teddy.

steve-o
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by steve-o » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 10:38 pm

Headgear doesn't do much to protect against concussion. It's more to prevent wounds to your head
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 10:52 pm

god DAMN it....

did he have much of a history before this year?? hopefully some time off contact in the next 5 months will do him a lot of good

cant see him playing any more footy this year for rep teams...bit too risky imo. he also needs that nose surgery done after i think the JT hit on him
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

greatodensraven
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 11:15 pm

How many concussions has Teddy had this year. Good to hear he played well before going off. Also Moses got 3 tries I believe? Great experience for them!

How did Woods go?

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Sun 25 Sep, 2016 4:21 am

The lack of coverage on this game............I don't know.......the NRL are meant to be promoting the code right? Not even a list of the try scorers on the NRL site

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by Masterton » Sun 25 Sep, 2016 8:49 am

Tigerdave wrote:The lack of coverage on this game............I don't know.......the NRL are meant to be promoting the code right? Not even a list of the try scorers on the NRL site
Ridiculous
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

diedpretty

Unread post by diedpretty » Sun 25 Sep, 2016 9:43 am

Masterton wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:The lack of coverage on this game............I don't know.......the NRL are meant to be promoting the code right? Not even a list of the try scorers on the NRL site
Ridiculous

Hey its a big job fixing matches and dumbing down referees to make sure the right teams make the GF. Not much time left to promote the game and look after the grass roots. All in all i think Todd and his crew are doing a marrrvellllous job.

tigerap
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by tigerap » Sun 25 Sep, 2016 2:27 pm

Snake wrote:Teddy and concusion are going to be a major part of his career moving forward and could cut short his career , there are and will be specific guidelines about this issue.. this must be a concern for him !
I agree...there is a real concern about Teddy getting smashed in the head like he did so much in 2016....unless addressed, i'm concerned for his longevity in the game.

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by jctiger » Sun 25 Sep, 2016 2:52 pm

Australian PM’s XIII take record win in PNG
NRL Media Release

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... _xiii.html

Sun 25th September, 09:30AM

The Australian Prime Minister’s XIII has defeated Papua New Guinea PM’s XIII with a record 58-0 win on Saturday afternoon in Port Moresby.

The tourists got off to a nervous start and PNG took advantage of driving defence and big hits in the first few minutes, much to the delight of a sold out National Football Stadium in the PNG capital.

The nerves didn’t last long however, as Josh Dugan opening the scoring account in the fourth minute.

Blake Ferguson followed four minutes later, strolling over the line to record his first of two tries.

Chants of ‘Inglis’ and ‘Radradra’ have followed the Australian team since arriving in PNG and the crowd of 15,011 leapt to their feet when Radradra was on the end of an Inglis pass to score in the corner in the 17th minute. The biggest cheer of the first half, however, was reserved for the captain, Greg Inglis, who crossed the line with 30 seconds remaining.

If there was a roof on the National Football Stadium, it would have been blown off after Inglis promptly followed the try with his trademark ‘goanna’ celebration.

With every replay, the crowd erupted into louder jubilation. Inglis revealed after the match that the local NRL PNG team had received hundreds of emails in the week leading up to the game, enquiring whether he would be celebrating with the ‘goanna’ if he scored a try.

It was a scrappy 10 minutes by both sides to open the second half, before the Australian PM’s captain picked up where he left off, crossing to complete a double in the 53rd minute — this time delighting the crowd with a summersault to plant the ball down.

Dugan crossed for his second try of the afternoon soon after and the score moved to 32-0 at the 60-minute mark.

PNG never gave up throughout the match, with the crowd urging their national team on and the Australians were certainly on the end of some bone-crunching tackles.

A try to Tyson Frizell and a hat-trick to Mitchell Moses rounded out the Aussies afternoon, with Moses on kicking duty in the first half and Moylan completing the role in the second.

Australian coach Mal Meninga was delighted with his team’s efforts, saying the job of selecting the upcoming Test Match and Four Nations team was not made any clearer after the commitment from the PM’s XIII today.

“We didn’t have a bad player today. They all played extremely well, with the right attitude and the right commitment,” Meninga said.

“I thought it was a really good team effort and that’s what we expect of an Australian side. It’s a team effort and individuals get the reward out of that by being successful.”

Inglis, on debut in PNG, said his time in the country had been enjoyable and the people had an immense passion and support for rugby league everywhere the team travelled.

“The community welcoming this side over here has been fantastic and I’m glad that I got the experience, that’s for sure.”

Selection for the Test Match and Four Nations tour will be announced in early October.

Australia Prime Minister's XIII 58 (Moses 3, Inglis 2, Dugan 2, Ferguson 2, Radradra, Frizell tries; Moses 4/6, Moylan 3/5 goals) def. Papua New Guinea PM's XIII 0

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 25 Sep, 2016 7:00 pm

Moses
3 tries and 4/6
Well done to him but this must make WT's nervous. His manager is surely telling him to take advantage of this opportunity and join a strong club. There will be a vacancy in both the NSW and Australian halves soon.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 25 Sep, 2016 7:26 pm

Wouldnt it be better to put some sort of restriction on who plays for Aus XIII, I mean 58-0 doesnt do much for anyone, tho I guess the PNG fans wanna see the best, or do they want a real contest theyd be a chance in?

Return to “Super League & International Rugby League”