MOSES,CLEARY & FARAH - join forces for Lebanon

Super League and Rugby League Abroad
cktiger

Re: MOSES,CLEARY & FARAH - join forces for Lebanon

Post by cktiger » Wed 15 Nov, 2017 11:27 pm

Seems to be a lot of grown men carrying on like jilted schoolgirls every time Moses is mentioned.
Get over it- he's gone.
Just because you've got your knickers in a knot doesn't change the fact he's got more talent than anyone we have now.
Ivan should have kept him and flicked Brooks (although I pray for the Tigers sake Brooks improves out of sight).

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 6:02 am

Theres more to it than just football talent....a bloke that's happy to walk out on his team mates mid season and put in half hearted efforts to get his way...says a fair bit about that bloke to me....and anyone supporting this sort of behaviour.

Players come...players go...its always been this way.
Some conduct themselves with class & dignity & earn respect...others, well....

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 6:39 am

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 6:02 am
Theres more to it than just football talent....a bloke that's happy to walk out on his team mates mid season and put in half hearted efforts to get his way...says a fair bit about that bloke to me....and anyone supporting this sort of behaviour.

Players come...players go...its always been this way.
Some conduct themselves with class & dignity & earn respect...others, well....
Yes, and that will be his legacy at the Tigers.
"Quality Stupidity"

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 6:43 am

People can be unkind but funny. I remember someone in the crowd yelling out to him. "Eh Moses, lend us your brain. We are building an idiot".
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 6:57 am

cktiger wrote:
Wed 15 Nov, 2017 11:27 pm
Seems to be a lot of grown men carrying on like jilted schoolgirls every time Moses is mentioned.
Get over it- he's gone.
Just because you've got your knickers in a knot doesn't change the fact he's got more talent than anyone we have now.
Ivan should have kept him and flicked Brooks (although I pray for the Tigers sake Brooks improves out of sight).
Cleary has recruited players who will play for the team. Mitchell although prodigiously talented could never be accused of putting the team before himself. I can't be critical of Cleary for allowing him to leave the club although being disappointed he did.

I am glad we kept Brooks because to me you can't change temperament and Moses will always be about Moses whereas this year we've seen Brooks' mature as a player. And the biggest issue, I have never seen Brooks stay down as many times as Moses did against Australia (again temperament).

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 7:08 am

Mitch the B..itch

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 7:50 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 6:57 am
I am glad we kept Brooks because to me you can't change temperament and Moses will always be about Moses whereas this year we've seen Brooks' mature as a player.
When I first moved into management, a wise person advised me to hire people based on attitude rather than skillset. You can teach skills but you can't teach attitude. Moses might have a greater skillset than Brooks, but I live in hope that Brooks' attitude, combined with some decent tutelage will see him surpass Moses.
Suffering supporter since 1967

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 9:14 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Get over it- he's gone.
Cleary has recruited players who will play for the team. Mitchell although prodigiously talented could never be accused of putting the team before himself. I can't be critical of Cleary for allowing him to leave the club although being disappointed he did.

I am glad we kept Brooks because to me you can't change temperament and Moses will always be about Moses whereas this year we've seen Brooks' mature as a player. And the biggest issue, I have never seen Brooks stay down as many times as Moses did against Australia (again temperament).
Everyone is entitled to their opinion Paws, however, unlike some others, I prefer not to condemn someone without ANY knowledge or facts of what happened behind the scenes.
In reference to Moses hitting the deck so often against Australia... he was playing with a team of park footballers against the No 1 team in the world.
They targeted and bashed him from pillar to post because he was the only threat to them, not surprised he was slow to his feet sometimes.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 9:50 am

I do respect you have been very fair in your opinion on Moses. We will miss Moses, Tedesco and Woods but the club did everything (perhaps too much) to retain them. Cleary as I view it brought experience and independence to the process and his call on Moses, while tough, was fair. Moses if he believed in WTs would have stayed because the money reportedly on offer was very good.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 19 Nov, 2017 7:37 am

voice of reason wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 7:50 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
I am glad we kept Brooks because to me you can't change temperament and Moses will always be about Moses whereas this year we've seen Brooks' mature as a player.
When I first moved into management, a wise person advised me to hire people based on attitude rather than skillset. You can teach skills but you can't teach attitude. Moses might have a greater skillset than Brooks, but I live in hope that Brooks' attitude, combined with some decent tutelage will see him surpass Moses.
Funny on the footy field I wish Brooks had a bit more of Moses attitude . Moses is a competitor -despite his carry on - there is plenty of confidence and if you want to make it with big boys somehow you have got to find it.
I have been supportive of Brooks but he is running out of
time to show he has got what it takes. Moses on the other hand still with plenty to work on, is well on his way.

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 19 Nov, 2017 8:33 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 9:50 am
I do respect you have been very fair in your opinion on Moses. We will miss Moses, Tedesco and Woods but the club did everything (perhaps too much) to retain them. Cleary as I view it brought experience and independence to the process and his call on Moses, while tough, was fair. Moses if he believed in WTs would have stayed because the money reportedly on offer was very good.
We offered all 3 more than fair money. Once they started playing games it showed their character. I'm glad they are gone.

When it comes to talent I wouldn't be surprised if we miss Moses the most out of all of them but who knows. Tedesco is the best currently but I can see him slowing down and not living up to the hype. Woods can play but has been consistently overpaid and overvalued.

Lastly I've been watching Tui over the world cup and he might not be so far behind Moses and Tedesco. He isn't at their level but I'm not sure that it matters because he may be good enough. We haven't gone anywhere with those 3 guys and the culture at the club was clearly terrible as the way those three represented us was really bad. Maybe we will be better next season.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 19 Nov, 2017 8:48 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 4:37 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:46 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:37 am
Why is Fittler the coach of Lebanon instead of Cleary?
Little Mitch the ringworm may have threatened to boycott the World Cup if big bad mean Ivan was the coach perhaps?
Mitch has been a champ, shocking how the big Aussies pick on him - his time has come.
Been a champ? Sheesh mate i dunno what games you have been watching but all I've seen is him being a timid blouse, nothing new there. His defence is as poor as it gets. 1 chip n chase for a try against an embarrassing French side doesn't make a player a champ in my books.
I think BBF has been sampling some of that famous Byron Bay produce, either that or he's being sarcastic.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 19 Nov, 2017 10:16 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 19 Nov, 2017 8:48 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 4:37 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:46 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:37 am
Why is Fittler the coach of Lebanon instead of Cleary?
Little Mitch the ringworm may have threatened to boycott the World Cup if big bad mean Ivan was the coach perhaps?
Mitch has been a champ, shocking how the big Aussies pick on him - his time has come.
Been a champ? Sheesh mate i dunno what games you have been watching but all I've seen is him being a timid blouse, nothing new there. His defence is as poor as it gets. 1 chip n chase for a try against an embarrassing French side doesn't make a player a champ in my books.
I think BBF has been sampling some of that famous Byron Bay produce, either that or he's being sarcastic.
Now LIsten GC Tiger, they were all predicting that Moses would be pizza topping but instead he was virtually dancing on Tonga's grave - they only needed a fair go with the ref and they would still be in there. He carved them up plenty and had them running backwards with kicks.

Actually I would have swapped the whole Leb team last night for our WT team of two and three seasons ago. At stages there were 100% completion of their tackle sets. No turnstiles against maybe the heftiest team in the comp.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 19 Nov, 2017 10:23 am

cktiger wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 9:14 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Get over it- he's gone.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Paws, however, unlike some others, I prefer not to condemn someone without ANY knowledge or facts of what happened behind the scenes.
In reference to Moses hitting the deck so often against Australia... he was playing with a team of park footballers against the No 1 team in the world.
They targeted and bashed him from pillar to post because he was the only threat to them, not surprised he was slow to his feet sometimes.
They were shaking in their boots no doubt.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 19 Nov, 2017 10:30 am

I only saw half the game, he was outplayed by the number 1, Layoun? Leyoun?
Doueihi also looked a lot more like a potential NRL player.
Moses was himself, the best plays and worst plays all coming from him. Personality aside, I'm glad we didn't sign him for the money we were talking about and am willing to be proven wrong in time if he cuts the dumb plays out.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 19 Nov, 2017 1:48 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Sun 19 Nov, 2017 10:30 am
I only saw half the game, he was outplayed by the number 1, Layoun? Leyoun?
Doueihi also looked a lot more like a potential NRL player.
Moses was himself, the best plays and worst plays all coming from him. Personality aside, I'm glad we didn't sign him for the money we were talking about and am willing to be proven wrong in time if he cuts the dumb plays out.
In the second half he was magic a few times. My missus who doesn't follow the game at all was jumping and yelling at Moses' effort in the Lebs last try and the try they disallowed. I could not watch the interviews afterwards but could well understand Mitch spitting chips. (I think my missus finds Mitch a bit of a spunk - haha)
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 19 Nov, 2017 1:50 pm

Well he's out now. Cedar later Mitch.

barra

Post by barra » Sun 19 Nov, 2017 1:55 pm

Also thought the Lebanon #1 had a blinder - at least as threatening with ball in hand as Moses. And Farah was just as creative but somehow Moses gets all the plaudits again? I have to give him credit for trying hard all game, but he couldn't get them over the line in the end, even though it was beckoning.
Fittler seems to have done an excellent job as coach too, also should be acknowledged.