RL World Cup 2017 Thread...* SPOILERS

Super League and Rugby League Abroad
happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: RL World Cup 2017 Thread...* SPOILERS

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 11:15 pm

Wouldn't we all be over the moon if our Tigers could back their defence like that week in week out

Hopefully No 1 on our list of solutions required

momo&medo
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by momo&medo » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 11:26 pm

Munk wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 9:47 pm
Tom Burgess is crap on a stick.
Yes he just about lost them the game with those lose carries.
With a bit of luck with 50:50 calls and the Poms could have pinched that one.
Good game and you have to laugh with some parts of the media predicting the game would be a walkover.
Impressed with quite a few of the forwards and the flankmen.
If the game markets this World Cup results properly it could be the beginning of something good for the international game of the future.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 11:40 pm

Slept through second half but gee Cameron Smith's kicks on the fifth were lousy in the first half.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Munk
Has liked: 8 times

Unread post by Munk » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 11:49 pm

The little halfback, Moran for the Jillaroos is some player. Reminds me of Reynolds a bit with her tenacity.

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 88 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 1:13 am

Munk wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:21 pm
Woods got booed by his home crowd.

Why? He had a good game and a pretty good series overall. I really don't understand the hate, he's one of the nice guys in the game.

Same with Dugan, he's nowhere near as 'crap' as everyone makes out. He also had a good series and was very involved in every game he played.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 1:22 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 1:13 am
Munk wrote:

Why? He had a good game and a pretty good series overall. I really don't understand the hate, he's one of the nice guys in the game.

Same with Dugan, he's nowhere near as 'crap' as everyone makes out. He also had a good series and was very involved in every game he played.
I was reading the Kennel yesterday and was surprised the hatred for Farah and watching the first half tonight thought that Smith did absolutely nothing better than what Farah does and many things worse?? Woods was a bit toey at times but otherwise played excellently. I have never hated any player just did not like incompetence of some of WT players in recent years. I think some spectators should look inside themselves to see why they can hate someone they have never met, it is not like the players are like Uncle Adolf or Joe.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 6:39 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:06 pm
Munk wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 9:58 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 9:55 pm
Dugan must be the worst centre to ever play for Australia. Continually found out in defence and so predictable with his stepping back inside. Surely we can find a better centre?

Cronk probably played his last game for Aust. We need more from our 7.
Wrong on both counts.
No Morgan and Cronk didn't click at all , maybe better off going with Munster with Morgan on the bench
I think this is one level too high for Morgan, good player, but shouldn’t be in Australian team

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 7:03 am

The Girls game was so good to watch, geez they can hit.
That’s the first game I’ve watched, and it was a far better game than the the men’s game was,
They make the rubbish that the AFL girls teams put on , look so amateurish.
These teams have Far better skills, and their Coach should be so proud of the way they ran their attack plays,and how they defended,
Both teams gave it everything
These girls are the real deal.
Both teams!

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 7:33 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 1:13 am
Munk wrote:

Not exactly forum favourites are they Spud ? Trust your own judgement.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 8:00 am

happy tiger wrote:
Munk wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Dugan must be the worst centre to ever play for Australia. Continually found out in defence and so predictable with his stepping back inside. Surely we can find a better centre?

Wrong on both counts.
No Morgan and Cronk didn't click at all , maybe better off going with Munster with Morgan on the bench
Cronk's last game for Australia.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 8:30 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 7:03 am
That’s the first game I’ve watched, and it was a far better game than the the men’s game was,
These teams have Far better skills, and their Coach should be so proud of the way they ran their attack plays,and how they defended,
Both teams gave it everything
These girls are the real deal.
Both teams!
If anyone knows of a replay please inform, thanks in antici

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 36 times

Unread post by Masterton » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 8:32 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 7:03 am
I'd watch the women's league over most other sports. Some of those Kiwi girls were monsters, so it was a great win.

The men was a great game. I'm normally one to put the boot into Bennett at any opportunity, but that was the best the Poms have looked for ages. Hope he stays on.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Munk
Has liked: 8 times

Unread post by Munk » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 8:40 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 8:00 am
happy tiger wrote:
Munk wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:

Wrong on both counts.
Haha you were musing that it would be his last game based on form. I didnt agree. He took the ball to the line with his passing and kicking knowing that Burgess was going to hit him every time...and he did. He put in half a dozen kicks that landed on the tryline and on most days they would have resulted in tries. We got repeat sets off half of them. He made a line break that normally would have resulted in points as well. His tactical clearing kicks and settlers kept the boys heads above water. That game management gave them the breather they needed to defend as they did. He gave good, early and wide ball to Morgan who did very little with it. All in all, that was his last game for the Roos and he walked off the field with his head held high.
Outstanding rep career Cooper.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 9:08 am

Munk wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 8:40 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 8:00 am
happy tiger wrote:
Munk wrote:

Wrong on both counts.
Haha you were musing that it would be his last game based on form. I didnt agree. He took the ball to the line with his passing and kicking knowing that Burgess was going to hit him every time...and he did. He put in half a dozen kicks that landed on the tryline and on most days they would have resulted in tries. We got repeat sets off half of them. He made a line break that normally would have resulted in points as well. His tactical clearing kicks and settlers kept the boys heads above water. That game management gave them the breather they needed to defend as they did. He gave good, early and wide ball to Morgan who did very little with it. All in all, that was his last game for the Roos and he walked off the field with his head held high.
Outstanding rep career Cooper.
Whatever Cronk did, it was at half the skill and guile of Jonathon Thurston. Perhaps Thurston is just that good or perhaps Cronk is a solid half but just doesn't have the x factor required in bigger games. In summary, the Kangaroos need more from their half which Cronk can't provide.

Earl
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Earl » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 10:00 am

Munk wrote:
He isn't a well liked player.

criwdfluffer
Has liked: 15 times

Unread post by criwdfluffer » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 10:22 am

Bennett made a huge blue playing Widdop at fb,soon as he went to 6 they looked dangerous.

Loved the crowd booing him.

Still reckon Sharon had a huge game....offloading at will in traffic when there were so few passes given and huge defense.

MOM for me could have been any of our backrow,but I reckon Cornder just just shaded the other two,he nearly killed Hardaker.

criwdfluffer
Has liked: 15 times

Unread post by criwdfluffer » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 10:23 am

And the women were brilliant too.....our 6 and 7 are absolute terriers.

Russell
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 124 times

Unread post by Russell » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 10:33 am

A couple of points from last night.

Everyone is praising how good the English team have become. I think it is more that the Australian team is not living up to previous Australian teams. Very ordinary imo.

Cordner MOM - that is gee up right. Not half as good a game that Gillett had.

How bad is the 7 commentary team (not that 9 are brilliant) but if 9 got 100% then 7 would get about 53%.
As for spilling the beans on who won the Jillaroo's game at half time and again at full time - how stupid. I and a lot of friends were set to watch the replay after the men's game - no point thanks to Dopey Jim Wilson.

In reply to BBF - in your efforts to defend Farah at every turn, you are loosing credibility in stating that Smith does nothing more than Farah on many occasions. I dislike Smith intensely but I can see see how good he is - The difference between them is chalk and cheese.
To also clear up a point for you - the kennel do not like Farah because he would not play for them.

Do not get the bagging that is going on about Morgan - I thought he had a good game - superb at straightening the attack - also scored a try that was taken off him. I will also be shot down for this but I also think we need a new half back - Cronk's time is over, and with Thurston finished as well it will be a new world order. We have plenty of time to get it right, but will we.

Oh! and by the way - World Cup Final and Semi final - both at Suncorp - neither had full houses. Pathetic.

Return to “Super League & International Rugby League”