RL World Cup 2017 Thread...* SPOILERS

Super League and Rugby League Abroad
User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1495
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: World Cup Squad

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 8:13 pm

Likely team bas d from the leaked squad

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Dugan
5. Gagai
6. Morgan
7. Cronk
8. Woods
9. Smith
10. Fifita
11. Cordner
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Munster
15. Frizell
16. Klemmer
17. Napa/Trbojevic


gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4048
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by gallagher » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 8:16 pm

WswWt wrote:
Mon 02 Oct, 2017 7:37 pm
Ahhh no teddy!
He can play for Italy and room with his mate Mini.

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 69 times

Unread post by tigerap » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 8:24 pm

Bet Tedesco blames the Tigers form for his omission... but seriously how did Dugan get a spot ahead of Tedesco?... I really have no sympathy for him as he is a rooster now..

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10450
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 8:43 pm

Ben Hunt is a weird selection as back-up Hooker
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
TigerSkins
Member
Member
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun 10 Nov, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Canberra
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by TigerSkins » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 8:53 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Mon 02 Oct, 2017 8:13 pm
Likely team bas d from the leaked squad

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Dugan
5. Gagai
6. Morgan
7. Cronk
8. Woods
9. Smith
10. Fifita
11. Cordner
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Munster
15. Frizell
16. Klemmer
17. Napa/Trbojevic
How did Napa get named in this squad ??


User avatar
TigerSkins
Member
Member
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun 10 Nov, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Canberra
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by TigerSkins » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 9:09 pm

Here's the Italian Train on Squad

Some interesting sections here:
Jack Johns .. Matthew Johns son ??
Nathan Brown .. Italian ??
Terry Campese .. is he still playing on one leg ??

Well done to James Tedesco, Nathan Milone, Josh Aloiai


Italy Training Squad

Aidan Guerra (Sydney Roosters)
Alberto Mariani (Brianza Tigers)
Alec Susino (Mounties)
Alex Mammone (Halifax)
Alvise Rigo (Leoni Veneti)
Brenden Santi (Wyong Roos)
Chris Centrone (Wyong Roos)
Colin Wilkie (Northern Pride)
Christophe Calegari (Palau XIII Broncos)
Daniel Alvaro (Parramatta Eels)
Fabio Borina (Spartans Catania)
Dean Parata (Blacktown Workers)
Edoardo Pezzano (Spartans Catania/Tully Tigers)
Emanuele Passera (XIII del Ducato)
Fabrizio Ciaurro (XIII del Ducato)
Gavin Hiscox (Central Queensland Capras)
Gioele Celerino (Saluzzo NWR/Tully Tigers)
Giorgio Draghi (Brianza Tigers)
Giuseppe Pagani (Lions Brescia)
Ismail Byaoui (Lions Brescia)
Jack Campagnolo (Northern Pride)
Jack Johns (Newcastle Knights)
James Tedesco (Wests Tigers)
Jayden Walker (Cronulla Sharks)
Jaume Giorgis (Saluzzo NWR)
Joe Tramontana (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
Joel Riethmuller (Northern Pride)
Josh Aloiai (Wests Tigers)
Josh Mantellato (Wyong Roos)
Justin Castellaro (Northern Pride)
Kieran Quabba ( Townsville Districts Blackhawks)
Lorenzo Leandro (Lions Brescia)
Lucas Bruzzone (Saluzzo NWR)
Luis Lollo (Brianza Tigers)
Luke Polselli (Manly Sea Eagles)
Mark Minichiello (Hull FC)
Mason Cerruto (St Marys)
Matt Parata (Souths Logan Magpies)
Mirco Bergamasco (Leoni Veneti)
Nathan Brown (Parramatta Eels)
Nathan Milone (Wests Tigers)

Oliver Gildart (Wigan Warriors)
Davide Spinnato (XIII Lovers Palermo)
Patrick Ziliotti (Brianza Tigers)
Paul Vaughan (St George Illawarra Dragons)

Richard Lepori (Oldham Roughyeds)
Ryan Ghietti (Northern Pride)
Ryan King (Cronulla Sharks)
Ryan Tramonte (Windsor Wolves)
Igor Gianmario (Spartans Catania)
Shannon Wakeman (Huddersfield Giants)
Simone Boscolo (Leoni Veneti/Tully Tigers)
Terry Campese (Queanbeyan Blues)
Tommaso Nicoli (Leoni Veneti

WswWt
Member
Member
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon 11 Feb, 2013 1:27 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by WswWt » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 11:29 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Mon 02 Oct, 2017 9:09 pm
Here's the Italian Train on Squad

Some interesting sections here:
Jack Johns .. Matthew Johns son ??
Nathan Brown .. Italian ??
Terry Campese .. is he still playing on one leg ??

Well done to James Tedesco, Nathan Milone, Josh Aloiai


Italy Training Squad

Aidan Guerra (Sydney Roosters)
Alberto Mariani (Brianza Tigers)
Alec Susino (Mounties)
Alex Mammone (Halifax)
Alvise Rigo (Leoni Veneti)
Brenden Santi (Wyong Roos)
Chris Centrone (Wyong Roos)
Colin Wilkie (Northern Pride)
Christophe Calegari (Palau XIII Broncos)
Daniel Alvaro (Parramatta Eels)
Fabio Borina (Spartans Catania)
Dean Parata (Blacktown Workers)
Edoardo Pezzano (Spartans Catania/Tully Tigers)
Emanuele Passera (XIII del Ducato)
Fabrizio Ciaurro (XIII del Ducato)
Gavin Hiscox (Central Queensland Capras)
Gioele Celerino (Saluzzo NWR/Tully Tigers)
Giorgio Draghi (Brianza Tigers)
Giuseppe Pagani (Lions Brescia)
Ismail Byaoui (Lions Brescia)
Jack Campagnolo (Northern Pride)
Jack Johns (Newcastle Knights)
James Tedesco (Wests Tigers)
Jayden Walker (Cronulla Sharks)
Jaume Giorgis (Saluzzo NWR)
Joe Tramontana (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
Joel Riethmuller (Northern Pride)
Josh Aloiai (Wests Tigers)
Josh Mantellato (Wyong Roos)
Justin Castellaro (Northern Pride)
Kieran Quabba ( Townsville Districts Blackhawks)
Lorenzo Leandro (Lions Brescia)
Lucas Bruzzone (Saluzzo NWR)
Luis Lollo (Brianza Tigers)
Luke Polselli (Manly Sea Eagles)
Mark Minichiello (Hull FC)
Mason Cerruto (St Marys)
Matt Parata (Souths Logan Magpies)
Mirco Bergamasco (Leoni Veneti)
Nathan Brown (Parramatta Eels)
Nathan Milone (Wests Tigers)

Oliver Gildart (Wigan Warriors)
Davide Spinnato (XIII Lovers Palermo)
Patrick Ziliotti (Brianza Tigers)
Paul Vaughan (St George Illawarra Dragons)

Richard Lepori (Oldham Roughyeds)
Ryan Ghietti (Northern Pride)
Ryan King (Cronulla Sharks)
Ryan Tramonte (Windsor Wolves)
Igor Gianmario (Spartans Catania)
Shannon Wakeman (Huddersfield Giants)
Simone Boscolo (Leoni Veneti/Tully Tigers)
Terry Campese (Queanbeyan Blues)
Tommaso Nicoli (Leoni Veneti
Nathan’s Mum is Italian

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10450
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 5:33 am

If you bought a bottle of Chianti in 2017, you became a potential member of the Italian World Cup Squad
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1495
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 7:33 am

The Italians could go a long way in the World Cup.

They have a very decent forward pack and if Tedesco is at his best, they could possibly upset New Zealand or England.

User avatar
Chris
Member
Member
Posts: 4480
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:00 am
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by Chris » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 10:46 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 30 Sep, 2017 3:41 pm
Lol @ Noffa and Johnstone. I love Noffa, but come on.
This is exactlywhy I have no interest in the Australian team and havent had interest for several years now. I hate that you dont have to play Origin to be selected for the Australian team. I couldnt care less who makes this squad.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18799
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 10:52 am

Chris wrote:
Tue 03 Oct, 2017 10:46 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 30 Sep, 2017 3:41 pm
Lol @ Noffa and Johnstone. I love Noffa, but come on.
This is exactlywhy I have no interest in the Australian team and havent had interest for several years now. I hate that you dont have to play Origin to be selected for the Australian team. I couldnt care less who makes this squad.
Throw in the fact, if Australia doesn't select you, its okay, because one of the minow counties will.

User avatar
turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2042
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:30 pm
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by turnstyle » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 1:49 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 03 Oct, 2017 5:33 am
If you bought a bottle of Chianti in 2017, you became a potential member of the Italian World Cup Squad
Image
Image

TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TigerTiger » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 2:05 pm

shakey4d wrote:
Mon 02 Oct, 2017 7:57 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 02 Oct, 2017 7:04 pm
Leaked squad:

Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Will Chambers, Dane Gagai, Tom Trbojevic, Josh Dugan, Valentine Holmes, Cooper Cronk, Cameron Munster, Michael Morgan, James Maloney, Aaron Woods, David Klemmer, Josh McGuire, Andrew Fifita, Jake Trbojevic, Jordan McLean, Boyd Cordner, Matt Gillett, Tyson Frizell, Wade Graham, Felise Kaufusi, Cameron Smith, Ben Hunt.
Glad Kaufusi has been recognised. Reckon he has been in the top attacking few back rowers going around the last few years. Ive been very surprised he hasn't made rep squads to date.
Kaufusi was named 18th man for Qld, in 2016 I think it was. When WT were trying to lure him to our club earlier this year (we didn't get him obviously, but I'm glad we were trying) he was referred to then as the 18th man in the Qld side. Don't know what happened this year with him and Qld.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25138
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 389 times

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 3:45 pm

Chris wrote:
Tue 03 Oct, 2017 10:46 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 30 Sep, 2017 3:41 pm
Lol @ Noffa and Johnstone. I love Noffa, but come on.
This is exactlywhy I have no interest in the Australian team and havent had interest for several years now. I hate that you dont have to play Origin to be selected for the Australian team. I couldnt care less who makes this squad.
Since when has Origin been a pre-requisite for selection for the Australian Kangaroos..?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

razor7
Member
Member
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed 14 Aug, 2013 7:42 am
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by razor7 » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 4:01 pm

Roosters player or not , how Tedesco is not in that squad is a joke

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1495
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 5:34 pm

Dugan over Tedesco is just pure wrong!

It is hard to keep supporting a team when they make such dumb decisions.

User avatar
shakey4d
Member
Member
Posts: 1006
Joined: Mon 16 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by shakey4d » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 5:45 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 03 Oct, 2017 5:34 pm
Dugan over Tedesco is just pure wrong!

It is hard to keep supporting a team when they make such dumb decisions.
Not really, Dugans played his fair share of centre at rep level. Tedesco hasn't. Dugan is ahead of Teddy as a centre. Not saying I would have picked Dugan, but if it's a case of Dugan or Teddy as a centre option, I think they made the right choice.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2411
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 6:02 pm

shakey4d wrote:
Tue 03 Oct, 2017 5:45 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 03 Oct, 2017 5:34 pm
Dugan over Tedesco is just pure wrong!

It is hard to keep supporting a team when they make such dumb decisions.
Not really, Dugans played his fair share of centre at rep level. Tedesco hasn't. Dugan is ahead of Teddy as a centre. Not saying I would have picked Dugan, but if it's a case of Dugan or Teddy as a centre option, I think they made the right choice.
Meninga demonstrates loyalty towards his players and some aren't happy? I heard Meninga say the decision to leave Tedesco out was for his lack of versatility. Remember his games at wing were a disaster for WTs. It was the correct decision to leave him out as we have better fullbacks.

Post Reply

Return to “Super League & International Rugby League”