Going Old School

Super League and Rugby League Abroad
Post Reply
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36844
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Going Old School

Post by happy tiger » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 11:19 pm

Look would rugby league as a whole be better off going back to having the ESL playing in their own winter again ??

Its just a thought , but maybe we could get rid of TPA's if NRL players could say play for example 5-10 games guest stints in the ESL to top off their earnings

The big problem is I guess is the ESL avoids competing with the EPL , but it could help improve their own grass roots footy with less NRL and Polynesian players available for shorter time frames

Wonder what people's thought are on the subject


formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3325
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 11:41 pm

They b**** and moan about playing too many games as it is and the pound is not so strong, so no.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25604
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 5:46 am

Take this to the RLPA
We wanna go play in the freezing English winter rather than spend a day in a film studio, liftingweights making an ad for a beer co.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 7122
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 7:40 am

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 11:19 pm
Look would rugby league as a whole be better off going back to having the ESL playing in their own winter again ??

Its just a thought , but maybe we could get rid of TPA's if NRL players could say play for example 5-10 games guest stints in the ESL to top off their earnings

The big problem is I guess is the ESL avoids competing with the EPL , but it could help improve their own grass roots footy with less NRL and Polynesian players available for shorter time frames

Wonder what people's thought are on the subject
I think you need a HIA examination :lol:
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25495
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 8:57 am

hobbo wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 7:40 am
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 11:19 pm
Look would rugby league as a whole be better off going back to having the ESL playing in their own winter again ??

Its just a thought , but maybe we could get rid of TPA's if NRL players could say play for example 5-10 games guest stints in the ESL to top off their earnings

The big problem is I guess is the ESL avoids competing with the EPL , but it could help improve their own grass roots footy with less NRL and Polynesian players available for shorter time frames

Wonder what people's thought are on the subject
I think you need a HIA examination :lol:

He's had 3..found nothin..nothin at all...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36844
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 9:54 am

Geo. wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 8:57 am
hobbo wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 7:40 am
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 11:19 pm
Look would rugby league as a whole be better off going back to having the ESL playing in their own winter again ??

Its just a thought , but maybe we could get rid of TPA's if NRL players could say play for example 5-10 games guest stints in the ESL to top off their earnings

The big problem is I guess is the ESL avoids competing with the EPL , but it could help improve their own grass roots footy with less NRL and Polynesian players available for shorter time frames

Wonder what people's thought are on the subject
I think you need a HIA examination :lol:

He's had 3..found nothin..nothin at all...
That's slightly unfair go go

The other thing that people forget is it would work the other way , you could bring ESL players over here like we have in the past who have changed the course of teams seasons (Balmain fans know all about that with Ellery eats celery Hanley )

User avatar
greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 22 Jan, 2018 6:27 pm

Could work but imagine the uproar if injuries occurred during the guest stints.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10440
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 22 Jan, 2018 6:37 pm

No, Rugby League needs to look to the future and develop concepts/competitions they can take to the world to maximise its earning potential internationally.

How does RL create a format that Asia and the US want to embrace is where our future lies!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Post Reply