Going Old School

Super League and Rugby League Abroad
happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Going Old School

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 11:19 pm

Look would rugby league as a whole be better off going back to having the ESL playing in their own winter again ??

Its just a thought , but maybe we could get rid of TPA's if NRL players could say play for example 5-10 games guest stints in the ESL to top off their earnings

The big problem is I guess is the ESL avoids competing with the EPL , but it could help improve their own grass roots footy with less NRL and Polynesian players available for shorter time frames

Wonder what people's thought are on the subject

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 231 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 11:41 pm

They [automatically edited] and moan about playing too many games as it is and the pound is not so strong, so no.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 5:46 am

Take this to the RLPA
We wanna go play in the freezing English winter rather than spend a day in a film studio, liftingweights making an ad for a beer co.

hobbo
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 97 times

Unread post by hobbo » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 7:40 am

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 11:19 pm
Look would rugby league as a whole be better off going back to having the ESL playing in their own winter again ??

Its just a thought , but maybe we could get rid of TPA's if NRL players could say play for example 5-10 games guest stints in the ESL to top off their earnings

The big problem is I guess is the ESL avoids competing with the EPL , but it could help improve their own grass roots footy with less NRL and Polynesian players available for shorter time frames

I think you need a HIA examination :lol:
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 395 times

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 8:57 am

hobbo wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 7:40 am
happy tiger wrote:

He's had 3..found nothin..nothin at all...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 9:54 am

Geo. wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 8:57 am
hobbo wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 7:40 am
happy tiger wrote:

He's had 3..found nothin..nothin at all...
That's slightly unfair go go

The other thing that people forget is it would work the other way , you could bring ESL players over here like we have in the past who have changed the course of teams seasons (Balmain fans know all about that with Ellery eats celery Hanley )

Return to “Super League & International Rugby League”