Telecast: Ch 9 LIVE
pacey

Re: Members to turn ANZ Stadium into a Tigers fortress

Post by pacey » Tue 06 Sep, 2011 11:38 pm

Maybe cut out one of the stands and put a hill there instead

Posted using RoarFEED

markotiger

Post by markotiger » Tue 06 Sep, 2011 11:42 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:I will bet my life that any official Wests Tigers organized stuff will not have the colour white included in it.
As much as I would like all three colours to be used (black, gold and WHITE) its about making the stadium look good, and making the colours stand out on camera. white colours are everywhere over the stadium (ie: the concrete is a greyish white, the rails, so on.) and don't stand out.

I'll be there on Thursday for as long as possible to make the wests tigers bays and where the main camera face look awesome.

Yes I'll admit I will be mainly using gold/orange and black colours because they stand out and will look fantastic on camera.

No need to make negative comments saying the club is doing something bad, just let loose and enjoy the game.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 10:19 am

And, not sure if anyone has noticed but our opposition are predominantly white.

Let's paint the place orange and black.

The first para of the article, however, has now been changed to read:

Wests Tigers Members have been invited to help transform ANZ Stadium into a black, white and orange fortress in preparation for the Club's qualifying final on Friday night.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 10:30 am

pacey wrote:Maybe cut out one of the stands and put a hill there instead

Posted using RoarFEED
Pacey you may want to get there early on Thursday if you are going to do that
It could take a little longer than you initially planned
Could someone possibly help Pacey with this

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 10:37 am

I emailed ANZ and they responded quickly - will be open from 12.30 to 3.30pm tomorrow. You need to take your Wests Tigers membership to gain entry but can bring friends.

mmmmm. a long lunch perhaps.

spudoakes

Post by spudoakes » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 10:40 am

happy tiger wrote:
pacey wrote:Maybe cut out one of the stands and put a hill there instead

Posted using RoarFEED
Pacey you may want to get there early on Thursday if you are going to do that
It could take a little longer than you initially planned
Could someone possibly help Pacey with this
ive done a bit of "shotfiring" before maybe i can help

Staks

Post by Staks » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 1:23 pm

The article on the WT website states black, white and orange. So does the email.

Why all the hate peeps? Time to love each other and combine efforts to bring the 2011 premiership to Concord!
Wests Tigers -- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE -- Wests since 1908

Wests - the only team name to feature in every NSWRL/ARL/NRL season since 1908

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 1:29 pm

markotiger wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:I will bet my life that any official Wests Tigers organized stuff will not have the colour white included in it.
As much as I would like all three colours to be used (black, gold and WHITE) its about making the stadium look good, and making the colours stand out on camera. white colours are everywhere over the stadium (ie: the concrete is a greyish white, the rails, so on.) and don't stand out.

I'll be there on Thursday for as long as possible to make the wests tigers bays and where the main camera face look awesome.

Yes I'll admit I will be mainly using gold/orange and black colours because they stand out and will look fantastic on camera.

No need to make negative comments saying the club is doing something bad, just let loose and enjoy the game.
Ha! I did the front of my house up when we made the finals in 2005, with the 3 colours, it looked fantastic.
It hung from white pilars etc, the white adds a certain crispness to it...gotta have the white :sign:

Sadly I can't give my expertise to the ANZ on Thursday, otherwise I would be there for sure!!

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 2:11 pm

prattenpark wrote:I emailed ANZ and they responded quickly - will be open from 12.30 to 3.30pm tomorrow. You need to take your Wests Tigers membership to gain entry but can bring friends.

mmmmm. a long lunch perhaps.
What sort of thing can and can't we do?...does anyone know if the club will be doing anything?

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 2:13 pm

Staks wrote:The article on the WT website states black, white and orange. So does the email.

Why all the hate peeps? Time to love each other and combine efforts to bring the 2011 premiership to Concord!
No hate. They changed that after the initial press release of 'Black and Orange'. Lets see if the WT actually include the colour white in their promotions.

If Saints have the colour white who cares? That is one of their colors ! Just like it is ours !!
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

markotiger

Post by markotiger » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 2:31 pm

I bought a few LARGE (1.5m x 3m) plastic table covers today 4 white, and 4 orange.

Planning on sticking them together and having a white border and putting some text on the orange ones with BLACK markers.. and I have asked ANZ if I can drape them from the corporate box rails so it hangs over the main grandstand... hope it turns out good!

Gonna need some help tomorrow guys! everyone get out there to make the place look like a WESTS TIGERS home ground!

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 2:34 pm

I've got a great Banner idea....

MATT UTAI is beUTAIful

tigerdad11

Post by tigerdad11 » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 4:27 pm

Teachers strike tomorrow...get them out there to do some work I say

cant get there tomorrow for the transformation..but on Friday will sacrifice my vocal chords

for the boys

:sign:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 5:15 pm

Unbelievable

Three colurs, its not that hard.

underdog

Post by underdog » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 5:35 pm

alexaki wrote:I've got a great Banner idea....

MATT UTAI is beUTAIful

I like it. :lol:

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Thu 08 Sep, 2011 1:02 pm

If anyone has any pics of their handy work today it would be great if they could be posted.

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Thu 08 Sep, 2011 3:25 pm

Below are the images that Tigers put up on their website.

TURNING ANZ STADIUM INTO A WESTS TIGERS FORTRESS
By Wayne Cousins
Wests Tigers
8/09/2011 3:00:08 PM

It is a massive task but a group of proud Wests Tigers Members have today done their best to help transform ANZ Stadium into a black, white and orange fortress.

In a great joint promotion between ANZ Stadium, Wests Tigers and the NRL, plenty of orange, black and white paint and materials were made available for Members to help turn the stadium into a ‘real home ground advantage’ for the qualifying final clash against St George Illawara on Friday night.

More than 100 Wests Tigers Members registered for the exclusive opportunity after the ideas was first raised on Monday. Members were given just over 3 hours to paint as many banners as they could.

Wests Tigers thank those Members who attended ANZ Stadium to decorate the ground in the team colours. Your efforts and artwork are much appreciated.

Go Wests Tigers