It has to be said

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30 PM, Friday 9 September
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9 LIVE
king sirro

It has to be said

Post by king sirro » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 10:08 pm

The coach dodged a massive bullet tonight.

I cant find one person who thought it was a good idea to put Utai up against Gasnier but we got away with it. I think Gaz got the ball 5 times with Utai in front of him and beat him all 5 times. Thats incredible. And whats even more incredible is it didnt cost us.

Gee i hope Lawrence is back next week, or hopefully we get the week off.

We turned a terrible first half performance around and thats a great effort. It did help that Saints were diabolical, but we put them under that pressure and they couldnt handle it.

We have a real chance of winning this thing.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 10:10 pm

You hit the nail right on the head KS.We got lucky in that department .But our forwards were sensational.Saints forwards didnt want a bar of us tonight .

sjtiger

Post by sjtiger » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 10:11 pm

Cant argue with any of that.
It was officially the 61st minute when i asked the TV for Brown to come on left centre.

BUT
As was stated in another post, he did run straight & hard @ Soward the lkast 20 especially.

Im worried about Lote atm.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 10:12 pm

Sheens is an asbolute genius.....................................95% of the time.

The rest of the time he just makes no sense.

How he left Brown sitting there all night when Utai was being slaughtered is beyond me.

I can't believe Bennet didn't direct more attack at Utai. Will not be surprised at all if Soward is sacked as it was him who went away from that often.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 10:13 pm

sjtiger wrote:Cant argue with any of that.
It was officially the 61st minute when i asked the TV for Brown to come on left centre.

BUT
As was stated in another post, he did run straight & hard @ Soward the lkast 20 especially.

SJ Lote was never going to see much quality ball outside Utai .
However with Lawrence back that will change

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 10:14 pm

Yes, agree KS. I think we were incredibly lucky that the Dragons were too thick to send it Gasnier's way more often! :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 10:15 pm

Weve been lucky for a long time....we were lucky V Roosters, lucky V Manly - Sharks...theres more I cant think of right now, I keep expecting our luck to run out...we cant rely on it solely, I know were not, but its helping massively

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 10:17 pm

happy tiger wrote:

BUT

That's right, Happy, and not to mention, Lote has had very little game time this year. He will get better with each game. Should be back to his brilliant best in time for the Grand Final :P
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 10:18 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:Sheens is an asbolute genius.....................................95% of the time.

How he left Brown sitting there all night when Utai was being slaughtered is beyond me.

I can't believe Bennet didn't direct more attack at Utai. Will not be surprised at all if Soward is sacked as it was him who went away from that often.
x 2 .. so over the bennett ' supercoach ' crap. the dragqueens have only a couple of plays and fair dinkum that boring to watch. blind freddy could see matty was struggling but the ' genius ' in the booth just sat there watched, and did nothing to change their style of play. bennett pfft !!
c'mon the cowboys and warriors
I dislike sowfs immensely

sjtiger

Post by sjtiger » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 10:22 pm

happy tiger wrote:

BUT

Yeah I understand, but itrs his loose carries that worry me; also looks "underweight".

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 10:27 pm

Blackpearl wrote:
cnx_tigers wrote:Sheens is an asbolute genius.....................................95% of the time.

x 2 .. so over the bennett ' supercoach ' crap. the dragqueens have only a couple of plays and fair dinkum that boring to watch. blind freddy could see matty was struggling but the ' genius ' in the booth just sat there watched, and did nothing to change their style of play. bennett pfft !!
c'mon the cowboys and warriors
Yeah all it would of taken was two long passes from Hornby and Soward to create space and isolate Gasnier with Utai one on one
Even with the Tigers screaming out of the line why the wouldn't have tried a mid field grubber in behind Utai and Co Utai has the turning circle of the QE2 would never of got back

Mad Tiger

Post by Mad Tiger » Sat 10 Sep, 2011 6:08 am

Although Utai got skinned by Gaz a fair bit tonight, on every occasion he did enough to help slow him down..

Add to that i thought Marshalls defence was also super tonight and went a long way to helping Utai's cause...

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 11 Sep, 2011 9:58 pm

Marshall was awesome in cover defense on Gasnier which probably saved a couple more tries that should have been.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 11 Sep, 2011 10:08 pm

Had Gasnier achieved more success against Utai then Sheens would have made the change however while it wasn't costing WTs, Sheens perservered.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 11 Sep, 2011 11:52 pm

what about when soward ran right through to set up the dragons 2nd try. that gap in the defensive line was caused by a mistake by utai. thank god lawrence is back

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Mon 12 Sep, 2011 12:00 am

alien wrote:what about when soward ran right through to set up the dragons 2nd try. that gap in the defensive line was caused by a mistake by utai. thank god lawrence is back
Definite +1 there.

Whilst Utai was good earlier in the season i really think he has been quite average the last month or so. I think if we are going to play him, it has to be on the wing and not in the centres. I'd much prefer to have mr reliable in there instead.

alien

Post by alien » Mon 12 Sep, 2011 6:59 pm

I don't really like Utai on the wing either. He can return the ball hard but he is hopeless under the high ball and it takes him too long to turn when they do grubbers behind him.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 12 Sep, 2011 7:16 pm

alien wrote:I don't really like Utai on the wing either. He can return the ball hard but he is hopeless under the high ball and it takes him too long to turn when they do grubbers behind him.
Im in the same boat, he has been good running the ball out of our own 20 all year, but feel he is too limited.

Beau has secured his wing spot, Lote has the other clearly, So I guess that leaves Brown vs Utai for the bench spot.

Raffle it.....they both have pro's and con's