Tuqiri

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30 PM, Friday 9 September
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9 LIVE
BeeJay

Tuqiri

Post by BeeJay » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 10:22 pm

Not one of his best performances tonight.

A few weeks ago there was the rumour he broke his arm at trauning and although denied outright by the club, ever since his left hand has been strapped. Anyone know if the rumour was slightly true and lote did indeed break a bone albeit in his hand?

His handling was poor tonight. Wet greasy ball? Or was it the strapping?

tiger sean

Post by tiger sean » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 10:26 pm

He has been average since he has returned. I know he hasn't played much footy this year but we can't afford to be carrying a passenger during the finals. I hope he comes good!

Moh

Post by Moh » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 10:32 pm

Yup agreed, average since his return. Not happy with the way he's going TBH. I know he hasn't had much footy, but he's experienced enough to at least do the little things right.

Def would have Brown ahead of him ATM - I know it won't happen though. Too hard to drop Tuqiri.

BeeJay

Post by BeeJay » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 10:33 pm

He'll get better after tonights run, and even better with lawrence as the inside man

willow

Post by willow » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 10:55 pm

He needs Lawrence inside him desperately. That's why I don't know why Sheens went with Utai in the centres. The bloke is built like a mini-tank and isn't one to really pass the ball so for starters Tuqiri was always going to be unlikely to get any good ball, and he's definitely rusty. Hopefully he'll be better next week and should be provided Lawrence returns as well.

Tap Twist Snap

Post by Tap Twist Snap » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 11:17 pm

Doesn't look fit or happy at the moment. Could really use a week off.

norm

Post by norm » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 11:20 pm

thought he was pretty ordinary last week and again this week.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 11:22 pm

Tap Twist Snap wrote:Doesn't look fit or happy at the moment. Could really use a week off.
No, he has had too much time off already - that's the problem. He needs to keep playing to regain his fitness and, as others have already said, will go much better with Lawrence back inside him.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 11:34 pm

Just looks short of a gallop. He'll get better through the finals.

I told some old fool behind me to shut his trap because he was demanding Tuqiri be hooked.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

shano

Post by shano » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 11:37 pm

Lote has a dead set shocker tonight. He has never been the same since his injuries. He has been totally ineffective in attack during past few games. I'm guessing he is very low in confidence and also worried about hitting the line hard and getting injured again. Tonight he ran sideways and dropped the ball during simple hit ups.

If we want to win the comp we need to make some tough decisions and put our strongest team on the field at this point in time. Tuquri is currently a liability. He is not the player he used to be. Some of his mistakes could cost us progressing in the finals. Ryan and Utai are in great form and even Mitch Brown is a better option.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 11:49 pm

shano wrote:Lote has a dead set shocker tonight. He has never been the same since his injuries. He has been totally ineffective in attack during past few games. I'm guessing he is very low in confidence and also worried about hitting the line hard and getting injured again. Tonight he ran sideways and dropped the ball during simple hit ups.

If we want to win the comp we need to make some tough decisions and put our strongest team on the field at this point in time. Tuquri is currently a liability. He is not the player he used to be. Some of his mistakes could cost us progressing in the finals. Ryan and Utai are in great form and even Mitch Brown is a better option.
I see where you're coming from but if we've persisted with the likes of Lui, Moltzen and Utai when they were down on form, Tuqiri has every right to be given an opportunity to regain his form. He's a proven top flight finisher and oozes class.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 11:54 pm

Lote had a stinker! No need to overreact though, Lawrence will be back next week and he'll look the goods again...
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Luke

Post by Luke » Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:33 am

Give him time guys. He's been injured most of the season and is lacking confidence. Happened with Moltzen earlier in the season and now look at him. Unfortunately Tuqiri won't have much time to turn it around but I'm confident he can do an adequate job for us for the rest of the finals series.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:35 am

He will be better for the run.

He will win us a game soon.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:42 am

it is "Tuqiri" and while i am at it "Heighington".
Last edited by turnstyle on Mon 12 Sep, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:51 am

Balmain Bug wrote:He will be better for the run.

Could not agree more Bug.

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:53 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:He will be better for the run.

Could not agree more Bug.
agree with this. luckily for him the rest of the squad turned up. everyone is aloud one bad run. tuqiri got his today so he should be good for next week ;)

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 10 Sep, 2011 1:02 am

shano wrote:Lote has a dead set shocker tonight. He has never been the same since his injuries. He has been totally ineffective in attack during past few games. I'm guessing he is very low in confidence and also worried about hitting the line hard and getting injured again. Tonight he ran sideways and dropped the ball during simple hit ups.

OK, Lote has been poor in the last few games, but dropping him? PUH-LEASE!!!

The guy has class written all over him. He is just very short on match fitness. Once Lawrence is back he will be fine.