Melbourne:when and who's going?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30PM Friday 16 September
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9 LIVE
Craig_D

Re: Melbourne:when and who's going?

Post by Craig_D » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 5:01 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:whose still going? show of hands. Tigers fans or not, there was an awful lot of cockiness on this thread. I can see someone posting this on the Warriors forum and having a good laugh. Let this be a lesson
And whats the lesson GNR4LIFE??
That us supporters cant show some faith and confidence in our side?? Its not like we were the ones out there playing now was it!!! Its negative people like you who bring this site down!!! Your a dead set goose!!

shiretiger

Post by shiretiger » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 5:20 pm

Well, back to a middle of October for our 4 day weekend in Melbourne to see Tutenkarnam. It would have been nice to see the Tigers play the Storm but C'est la vie.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 5:26 pm

Craig_D wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:whose still going? show of hands. Tigers fans or not, there was an awful lot of cockiness on this thread. I can see someone posting this on the Warriors forum and having a good laugh. Let this be a lesson
That us supporters cant show some faith and confidence in our side?? Its not like we were the ones out there playing now was it!!! Its negative people like you who bring this site down!!! Your a dead set goose!!
Don't turn it around on me and try to make out i was telling people they were wrong to have faith. The title of this thread and the thread itself was 1 of extreme arrogance, and i will stand by that. Talking about travelling down to a game that your not even playing in yet, when you still need to win another to get there, like the game was already won, if that isn't being cocky then i don't know what it
and as far as me being a goose? i wasn't the one posting prices for airline and train tickets for the trip to Melbourne for a game which turns we won't even be playing in. Whose the goose now

Craig_D

Post by Craig_D » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 5:37 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Craig_D wrote:
Don't turn it around on me and try to make out i was telling people they were wrong to have faith. The title of this thread and the thread itself was 1 of extreme arrogance, and i will stand by that. Talking about travelling down to a game that your not even playing in yet, when you still need to win another to get there, like the game was already won, if that isn't being cocky then i don't know what it
and as far as me being a goose? i wasn't the one posting prices for airline and train tickets for the trip to Melbourne for a game which turns we won't even be playing in. Whose the goose now
Im not turning anything around!! Im just saying that in my opinion, you are one of the most negative people on this forum - I reckon you are the type of person to b**** if you won lotto!!
And as for posting prices, its called planning ahead and looking into things if we did happen to win. So its not being cocky as far as im concerned, its called having faith in ones football side, and unfortunately we didnt make it.
And to answer your last question, read the majority of your posts and you will find your answer...

alien

Post by alien » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 5:39 pm

the first post was "Hi guys, anyone know Which night the Melbourne game will be? (assuming we win!) and who's keen on going down for the trip"

theres nothing wrong with that. get over it

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 5:43 pm

Diver wrote:who ever that goose was last night walking down the isle between bay 35 and 36 screaming out, "bring on melbourne, bring on the stoorrrmmmmm" when we were 12-0 up... You f%$*!#g dont do that mate - you jinxed us!
Probably was the streaker
He is to blame for everything
The plan is to stick the streaker in a jail cell with Sauce ,Woods and Bryce and turn the security camera off

shiretiger

Post by shiretiger » Fri 14 Oct, 2011 8:35 am

shiretiger wrote:Well, back to a middle of October for our 4 day weekend in Melbourne to see Tutenkarnam. It would have been nice to see the Tigers play the Storm but C'est la vie.
Went to Melbourne last week [Thursday to Saturday] and can highly recommend the Tutenkarnam exhibition. 2 weeks earlier would have been nice but.......

MCG tour is pretty good as well.

cunno

Post by cunno » Fri 14 Oct, 2011 10:16 am

shiretiger wrote:
shiretiger wrote:Well, back to a middle of October for our 4 day weekend in Melbourne to see Tutenkarnam. It would have been nice to see the Tigers play the Storm but C'est la vie.
Went to Melbourne last week [Thursday to Saturday] and can highly recommend the Tutenkarnam exhibition. 2 weeks earlier would have been nice but.......

MCG tour is pretty good as well.
Do you know whether the Tutenkarnam exhibition is in Melbourne for long shire?

underdog

Post by underdog » Fri 14 Oct, 2011 10:45 am

Might be a bit off topic -

I once walked into a small corner street style pub down there to stop in, have a beer, grab a bite, and chillax before a work function.

Beautiful smaller boutique pub in the middle of the CBD (can't remember the name of it for the life of me)

Had a reasonably priced steak with a killer dianne sauce. Washed it down with a nice blonde brew.

I kicked back a bit, and thought to myself, "this place is missing something". Something about the atmosphere was different to a sydney pub/club, but it was actually bugging me. I couldn't put my finger on it. It was lovely decor, quiet, good food - wait..... it was quiet!! It then struck me.

Not a single poker machine in this establishment!

No Ding ding ding, no jiggling of coins, just a few patrons eating, enjoying a drink, and sport on the TV.

THAT was the most pleasant aspect of what I found about Melbourne.

Little things like that. Just seems a little more laid back down there.

shiretiger

Post by shiretiger » Fri 14 Oct, 2011 11:16 am

cunno wrote:Do you know whether the Tutenkarnam exhibition is in Melbourne for long shire?
Leaves Australia 4 December 2011. 8 weeks to go.

cunno

Post by cunno » Fri 14 Oct, 2011 1:35 pm

shiretiger wrote:
cunno wrote:Do you know whether the Tutenkarnam exhibition is in Melbourne for long shire?
Thanks mate

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Fri 14 Oct, 2011 8:09 pm

cunno wrote:
shiretiger wrote:
Thanks mate
It's well worth seeing if you're in Melbourne.