KiwiLocals plan for 10000 supporters at SFS

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30PM Friday 16 September
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9 LIVE
Luke

Re: KiwiLocals plan for 10000 supporters at SFS

Post by Luke » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 12:44 pm

This is bloody ridiculous. First they want you to play at a ground which doesn't even give us a home ground advantage now they are virtually giving away tickets to the opposition team? Get stuffed!

BeeJay

Post by BeeJay » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 1:00 pm

$10 aud or nzd?
if it's nzd once it's converted it all balances out doesn't it :P

seriously tho it's a massive rort and the NRL should do the same in turn for which ever opposition faces melbourne next week.
Gallop bangs on about supporting the game in Melbourne, how is an empty stadium in a prelim finals going to look Mr Gallop?

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 1:47 pm

Tickets are here if anyone want to buy them!

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/ppredire ... NRLSFSSF11

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 1:50 pm

Just got this back from the Club

Hi Tim,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

The club was aware of the Haka but not of the pricing and we are now going to question the NRL over this at this game is run by them.

Kind Regards,
Ashleigh

joe's magpies

Post by joe's magpies » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 2:03 pm

This is disgraceful. I wonder if the Tigers play the Storm next week if the NRL will do the same. Probably not.

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 2:08 pm

Just tell them we want 1000 members to turn up and do a Flash Song of Eye of the Tiger!

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 2:10 pm

I am annoyed that they are letting them do a Haka... it's our 'home' game.
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Danos

Post by Danos » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 2:41 pm

Kaiser wrote:I am annoyed that they are letting them do a Haka... it's our 'home' game.
I've got no problem with it, its supporter organised. They can do whatever they like.

BeeJay

Post by BeeJay » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 2:45 pm

The Haka might fire up Benji as well.. It's heritage too.

dimitri

Post by dimitri » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 2:46 pm

A friend just got back from Ticketek at lunch and based on seat availability, we are going to struggle to beat the crowd at the Manly/Cowboys game.

All we supporters can do is go to the game and support the boys.

Chunky love machine

Post by Chunky love machine » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 2:56 pm

happy tiger wrote:Am I the only one who has issues with this
I understand that the NRL doesn't want a repeat of the Cowboys v Manly debacle crowd wise
But my issues are
1 Did the Broncos have to give out $10 tickets to the Saints supporters Yes I know it will be a sell out but it is the principle of it There are heaps of Saints fans in Brisbane

2 To all the Tigers and Warriors fans that have already paid full price Will they be reimbused the difference ??

3 So much for our "home ground " advantage now

Yet again the NRL make decisions that don't suit the clubs and will only suit them

Thanks Gallop you clown
Decisions such as us finishing higher than the warriors, beating last years premiers only to be lumped playing a team that got flogged last week. Effectively the warriors got our "second chance" whilst we get to suck eggs if we lose? We got absolutely no advantage finishing so high on the ladder. Any other sporting brand would laugh at our comp with the way it's set out

Hubert

Post by Hubert » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 3:06 pm

They pay $10 for Bay 40-41, then come close to kick-off time just move to the empty seats closer to the half way line where we pay $60. Next time i'm buying all kids tickets, instead of family passes and adults tickets. Love the tigers but they are costng me a fortune being in the semis!! I dont mind paying $30 to get my bum wet on a waterlogged Leichhardt oval hill, but the NRL are ripping us off here...All category 3 seats should be $10 then when out of Sydney teams are playing...simple.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 3:13 pm

the haka is because of the flash haka mobs which have been going on around aussie and new zealand. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmSNN7vZt_o this is one which took place in Surfer's.

We should just get out there and support the boys even harder. btw I am neutral on this issue because I'm a kiwi and I would probably join in the haka yet support the Tigers.
Last edited by WestsSupporter on Thu 15 Sep, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 3:13 pm

dimitri wrote:A friend just got back from Ticketek at lunch and based on seat availability, we are going to struggle to beat the crowd at the Manly/Cowboys game.

All we supporters can do is go to the game and support the boys.
Current status on Ticketek.

Availability:
Category 1 Limited Availability
Category 2 Available
Category 3 Available
Cat 1 - Wests Tigers Available
Cat 2 - Wests Tigers Alloc. Exhausted
Cat 3 - Wests Tigers Alloc. Exhausted
Cat 1 - Warriors Available
Cat 2 - Warriors Available
Cat 3 - Warriors Available
Non-Alcohol Cat 2 Available
Non-Alcohol Cat 3 Available

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 3:15 pm

Personally I don't care that they are getting $10 Tickets. I'm just pushing for equality by the NRL and they fact that they did not notify the Tigers of this special offer for a Tigers Home Game.

If the NRL were honest about this they would have changed all Cat 3 tickets to $10

I feel sorry for all the Tigers members that already paid $30 and now Warriors are getting $10 tickets.

Digeze

Post by Digeze » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 3:26 pm

Obviously the ticket sales are so slow that the NRL has felt this offer was necessary. If the stadium was selling out fast this offer wouldn't exist.

After seeing the semi final crowd of 14,000 in Melbourne last week i'm guessing there will be a similar offer for the prelim final in Melbourne. In fact, if it was the Warriors that made it through to that game they may have to give tickets away for free ;)

Delahunty

Post by Delahunty » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 3:37 pm

Yep bought 4 tickets on tuesday for 125 bucks. would have been 40 bucks had I known yesterday.

Tigers GA ticket holders are punished for buying early to support their team, while every Bondi warriors fan in two minds about going is invited by the NRL for 10 bucks a pop a day before the game.

What kind of garbage is that? Its meant to be our HOME game.

HybridGame

Post by HybridGame » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 3:42 pm

I emailed Wests Tigers about this issue they said they werer investigaring and suggested I contact the NRL.

I rang the NRL who advised the offer is just for a a small group of Warriers fans. However they must sell the tickets on Ticketek which is why they are for sale on that site.

He said he understood my position but they wanted to add a Warrioers colour to the game and it's like a situation when you buy a CD one day that is discounted the next day. He said it happens all the time with sporting events. I advised him it does not happen at Wests Tigers games and the to which he did not have a decent response.

Annoying.

By the way I asked him how many tickets sold so far and he said around 25,000.