That last try was not a try

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30PM Friday 16 September
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9 LIVE
mikey

Re: That last try was not a try

Post by mikey » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 7:45 am

Golden wrote:Yeah well next time kick the friggin ball on the 5th tackle with 4 to go, then they might not get a chance the team is to braindead dumb to know to do that though
X2. WTF was Farah thinking? Where were the options? Seasons come down to exactly those things.

rossop

Post by rossop » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 7:46 am

I thought it was a try. You may be correct but you get these decisions sometimes. The thing is: We allowed them to get into this position. It was like the Saints game last week; only in reverse. All the ball and penalties in the first half and then a complete turn around in the second half. All year we have had trouble putting two good halves together and putting teams away.

Anyway: Fish & Chips Wrappings! :bawling

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 8:02 am

It was a try. And as usual we let a player who has done nothing all year carve us up. We have no one to blame but ourselves 57% possession and a 9-4 penalty count.

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 8:11 am

All moltzen had to do was to place a hand on Krisnan Inu.. GAME OVER.......
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 8:18 am

tomcat wrote:All moltzen had to do was to place a hand on Krisnan Inu.. GAME OVER.......
See photo on front page of sport section of the herald. Moltzen does not have a single finger on Inu? You are kidding.

Disgraceful decision and to say Wests had enough chances to win the game is a cop out for officials. Finals are supposed to be close and every decision critical. It was the wrong decision and now a team exits on poor refereeing.

The real loser is the NRL. Promoters dream and a great shot in the arm for the game in Melbourne if Wests played the Storm. Due to inept officials, that opportunity is lost.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 8:45 am

MAFIA wrote:.... the reason being an earlier post put me on to it Hayne signalled time off, it was then that inu lunged for his 2nd attempted and got it over the line,regardless if he had a hand on him or not the ref stopped play yet he continued and got away with it.
Mafia
yeah that's what I want a double check on myself, did the Ref actually stop play? I thought he had initially. Need a video of that bit to have another look.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:15 am

Rabs & MMM now running with this ref calling time....hes said he's asked Bill harrigan to look at it.
Wont change anything tho

21sixers

Post by 21sixers » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:16 am

the thing being is when it was reffered to the video ref they just kept lookin at the footage of what inu was doing not what the ref was doing or when he called time off ..dud call
blood sweat and ...beers

21sixers

Post by 21sixers » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:18 am

im sure the call to the video re was to check the initial contest for the ball and inu'e first attempt at the line
blood sweat and ...beers

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:23 am

Macdougal apart from at the game I have now watched that try at full speed a few times, and ur absolutely dreaming! The try was fair, inu got it down in time, poor option to run it the set before, fair try! Shattering result!!!

Posted using RoarFEED

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:25 am

innsaneink wrote:Rabs & MMM now running with this ref calling time....hes said he's asked Bill harrigan to look at it.
Wont change anything tho
nah won't change anything unfortunately, be interesting to see if we've been dudded in a finals series again though.

In saying that, we've had a lot of calls go our way during our 9 wins, some certainly we were lucky to get away with.

derailed

Post by derailed » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:31 am

Just went to this again on the reply to see about this Ref whistle.

For mine the whistle goes as Inu is putting the ball down the second time. Yeah he was a little premature but it's not like he blew the whistle and everyone stopped.

Still a fair try for mine,

Please no one bring anything else up about that situation I don't want to have to watch it again.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:33 am

Yeah i thought no try not only with the double movement but i also thought when the ball was in the air it touched inu hand and went forward but looked like it went back cause inu fell forward after the contest.

Whats with that earlier decision in the first half when they ruled it touched vatuvei hand for a drop out then the video refs over rules it.Not a game changer and in the end it was right but gees how often do we see that.

I wasn't nervous at all about the game last night maybe the players wernt either

Yes yes we all know there's no point in whinging

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:38 am

derailed wrote:Just went to this again on the reply to see about this Ref whistle.

For mine the whistle goes as Inu is putting the ball down the second time. Yeah he was a little premature but it's not like he blew the whistle and everyone stopped.

Still a fair try for mine,

Please no one bring anything else up about that situation I don't want to have to watch it again.
Yeh I thought touch and go too....almost simultaneous.
Watched it soo many times now know exactly where to go back to - 120 mins viewer defined.... :lol:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:42 am

tiger4ever wrote:Yeah i thought no try not only with the double movement but i also thought when the ball was in the air it touched inu hand and went forward but looked like it went back cause inu fell forward after the contest.

Whats with that earlier decision in the first half when they ruled it touched vatuvei hand for a drop out then the video refs over rules it.Not a game changer and in the end it was right but gees how often do we see that.

I wasn't nervous at all about the game last night maybe the players wernt either

Yes yes we all know there's no point in whinging
Theyre reading this thread....they brought this up too.

Harrigan says he rang Hayne and hayne clearly remembers :lol: blowing the whistle after the 2nd put down

Warriorsallday

Post by Warriorsallday » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:46 am

Some of you guys are funny, the ref helped the tigers more than the warriors and that last try may have been doubtful but IF the ref blew time off after the first attempt then he cant have been penalised for a double movement. Ball was dead after the first attempt so Warriors get another set with couple minutes to go and Warriors with all the momentum :)

derailed

Post by derailed » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:47 am

innsaneink wrote:
Harrigan says he rang Hayne and hayne clearly remembers :lol: blowing the whistle after the 2nd put down
Why would he say this when there is clear evidence that it is not the case. The whistle may have been just after the put down put the intent was to blow it before.

These guys are so determined to not put there hand up and say they made a mistake no matter how big or small it can be embarrassing sometimes.

Right decision but wrong attitude to get backs up about it.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:54 am

Looking at it again for what must be the 12th time- listening for the whistle this time....I'm OK with it.
Hayne dodged a bullet a bit, he reacted and blew whistle to the first put down imo....by the time he does this the 2nd put down & whistle blown are the same time