That last try was not a try

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30PM Friday 16 September
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9 LIVE
Michaelson

Re: That last try was not a try

Post by Michaelson » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:55 am

Talk about clutching at straws. If that was given a no try because the ref blew the whistle the Warriors would have been absolutely dudded. He wasn't tackled and he hadn't scored, the ref can't just stop the game.

It was a fair try. We won the penalties 9-4, including 3 back to back in the dying stages that were all terrible calls against NZ. If Tigers fans carry on about this decision, or try to suggest we were hard done by at all in this game, then we will deserve a rep as massive sooks.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 10:11 am

I honestly can't believe anyone can seriously front up after last night and complain about the officiating.

We were getting all the calls, we won the penalty count 9-4 and some of those penalties in the second half were VERY harsh against the Warriors. If they were against us most of us would have been blowing up (and rightly so).

Over the last two months we have received the majority of the favourable calls in most games, and if anyone honestly believes we were dudded they are either a) a massive, massive whinger and sore loser or b) completely deluded.

Just cop it on the chin guys. We lost fare and square. We had all the calls go our way and couldn't finish them off. Nobody's fault but our own.

Tigerspirit

Post by Tigerspirit » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 10:13 am

To true hybrid tiger your point is exactly on the mark.

Posted using RoarFEED

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 10:38 am

Just cause i was at the game and its hard to tell , what calls went against us?

Was it the moltzen held back call? and im guessing the locke dangerous tackle call? I actually dont like people shooting in like that, and even if it was around hte legs im not a fan of it.

Either way I think the last try was probably a try, although macdougall makes an interesting point, I just felt the warriors were a better side on the night. We looked really unthreateing all game bar the lawrence run in the first minute

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 10:42 am

in the actual put down for which they awarded a try - im pretty sure he lost the ball, then grounded it..

they didn't show proper replays on #9/FOX of it - but the ball separates from the hand, hits the ground and then he places his hand on it...

for the biggest game in the year to date, to not check it, after all those 3+ minute decisions we sit through during the year - is laughable... its a semi final and they don't even take their time with it..

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 10:46 am

It was a try 100% Inu was not tackled. We're in no position to blame refs though, we had the rub of the green for the entire game last night.

jonny

Post by jonny » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 10:47 am

I think you should stop having a cry MacDougall

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 11:25 am

I thought it was a double-movement, but I agree with the sentiment that a couple of 1% efforts here and there and we don't lose.

Tigers kick long on the preceding set instead of running, Tigers hold their line when Hohaia jumps over, Tigers scramble harder when Inu is reaching out - all tiny things that add up to a loss. Matt Groat did two dumb things in the first half, the only dumb things we'd done until that moment, and Warriors score immediately.

Same thing happened last year vs St George, put in a bad kick and Soward sets up for the match-winning field goals.

So I reckon when you lose one like last night, you can blow up however you want about refs and decisions, but ultimately in semi finals it is your mistakes that lose them.

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 11:38 am

mtd wrote:in the actual put down for which they awarded a try - im pretty sure he lost the ball, then grounded it..

they didn't show proper replays on #9/FOX of it - but the ball separates from the hand, hits the ground and then he places his hand on it...

for the biggest game in the year to date, to not check it, after all those 3+ minute decisions we sit through during the year - is laughable... its a semi final and they don't even take their time with it..
I thought he may have dropped it when I first saw the front on replay, however after looking at it again, although the ball does start to come out, there was no seperation, his fingers were still on the ball.

In my opinion:
It was NOT a double movement
It was NOT a knock on, and
It was a try.

It was a classic case of playing to the whistle, Hayne may have asked for a review a touch early, but it didnt affect the play. The Tigers players stopped for a moment after the first attempt at grounding it, expecting time to be called off, and thats what cost them.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 11:49 am

It was a try. Unbelievable as it was it was fair.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 12:57 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:They checked it...........................Chris Lawrence just had to show ANY effort and it's a double movement.

Instead................he just watched.

Try.

Shattered :(

Are you kidding???

Moltzen was kneeling in front of Inu and watched, WATCHED him move the ball twice. All he had to do was place one finger on him and we get a penalty and the game.

I said on this forum about 5 weeks ago that Moltzen would cost us big time before the season was out. I am sorry to say, I was right.

What a loser.

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 1:04 pm

magpiecol wrote:
cnx_tigers wrote:They checked it...........................Chris Lawrence just had to show ANY effort and it's a double movement.

Try.

Are you kidding???

Moltzen was kneeling in front of Inu and watched, WATCHED him move the ball twice. All he had to do was place one finger on him and we get a penalty and the game.

I said on this forum about 5 weeks ago that Moltzen would cost us big time before the season was out. I am sorry to say, I was right.

thats all timid moltzen had to do, place his little pinky on INU and its game over....

What a loser.
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 1:13 pm

djm619 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
djm619 wrote:Not a try, expected with Hayne and Maxwell officiating though.

Irrelevant, 2011 is over...
One thing though with your ''argument''....the video ref awarded it.
MacDougall wrote:How could they say the referee ruled that he wasn't held if he'd already blown time off and went to the video ref?
Shouldn't have went to the video in the first place.

Seriously though, our record under Hayne and Maxwell must be <30%.
we won the penaly count 9-4 for gods sake. Don't blame it on that rubbish

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 1:13 pm

magpiecol wrote:

Try.

Are you kidding???

What a loser.
Very harsh imo...
He didnt ''just watch''

It all happened in a second or two...millions of things going througheveryones mind, it takes a second to react to another person.....he tried to stop it....he didnt ''just watch''
mtd wrote: in the actual put down for which they awarded a try - im pretty sure he lost the ball, then grounded it..

Dunno what youre on about but they did check it...all together, offside, the contest in the air, possible knock ons into other players, 1st attempted grounding, 2nd grounding, hands on the player

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 1:16 pm

we were basically at full strength, home ground and majority of crowd, beat these guys twice this year, up by 12 at various stages, winning the penalty count easily.... and we blew it. Try or no try our second half was woeful and we would not get close to Manly and Melbourne with our defence and dumb last tackle options.

Angry, in denial, i'm going through all the stages of grieving...

Newy Tiger

Post by Newy Tiger » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 1:45 pm

All acedemic now my friends. Never should have been in that position.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 2:06 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:I honestly can't believe anyone can seriously front up after last night and complain about the officiating.

We were getting all the calls, we won the penalty count 9-4 and some of those penalties in the second half were VERY harsh against the Warriors. If they were against us most of us would have been blowing up (and rightly so).

Over the last two months we have received the majority of the favourable calls in most games, and if anyone honestly believes we were dudded they are either a) a massive, massive whinger and sore loser or b) completely deluded.

Just cop it on the chin guys. We lost fare and square. We had all the calls go our way and couldn't finish them off. Nobody's fault but our own.
This. Best post in relation to the game

We had ample opportunities to win this game and we have no one to blame but ourselves. I lay the blame at the foot of our so called senior players who should have known better and killed this game off when they had the chance

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 2:13 pm

innsaneink wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Try.

Are you kidding???

What a loser.
Very harsh imo...
He didnt ''just watch''

It all happened in a second or two...millions of things going througheveryones mind, it takes a second to react to another person.....he tried to stop it....he didnt ''just watch''
mtd wrote: in the actual put down for which they awarded a try - im pretty sure he lost the ball, then grounded it..

Dunno what youre on about but they did check it...all together, offside, the contest in the air, possible knock ons into other players, 1st attempted grounding, 2nd grounding, hands on the player
All he had to do was put a finger on Inu and he could have placed the ball down all he liked but it would have been a double movement. We get a penalty and therefore the game. Could not imagine Slater or any of the other genuine fullbacks not getting a penalty out of that situation. Thank God he is going to St. George.